GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My father committed suicide when i was 20, 15 years ago. i have since studied suicide and i just don't think this is a suicide. just my own opinion.

Prayers for her and her family. R.I.P. Krista.

I really hope it wasn't suicide cause it's so hard on the surviving family. at least with murder you have someone to blame. not that i would know, just my point of view. either way it's a terrible tragedy. :(

I really doubt this was a suicide. There's been a lot of weird cases like this in the general area the last 5-10 years. All involving cars.

I do not have a television, and unfortunately, the speaker on my computer is not functioning so I'd appreciate your sharing your knowledge and thoughts with me:

Does Krista have any siblings other than the sister who flew in from Colorado?

Is Krista's father or stepfather (notice her last name and her mother's last name are different) in her life? Does Krista's mother appear to be a responsible person? It appears that Krista's mother had two daughters before she was 18, but I'm not sure about that either.

What about the imprisoned boyfriend's family? Does anyone know anything about his mother and father? I remember seeing a post that included a statement by his brother "Danny," but I don't know if he has other siblings?
Do his family members appear to be responsible people?

There have been posts tonight that indicate to me that some folks on websleuths are concerned about the present and future custody of Krista's daughter. What I do know from my personal experience, limited though it may be, is that the baby's father does have a strong case for custody of the baby even though he is in prison; I had a professional colleague who attempted to gain custody of his baby granddaughter (along with his wife who was the baby's grandmother) when she was 18 months old, and the baby's father (not married to my colleague's daughter who had committed suicide after learning her baby's father was strongly suspected of killing his former wife with whom he had two children who were living with them) who was in prison on drug dealing charges fought the custody through the services of a pro bono attorney even though the baby was living with my colleague and his wife who each had an impeccable background and are kind, loving people. They lost the custody battle after hiring what was commonly acknowledged to be the best family law attorney in northern New England; in the end they did gain custody when the baby's father was again arrested and imprisoned on drug dealing charges (the "three strikes and you're out" law), but only after the baby (then four years old) was found abandoned in a "crack house."

Needless to say I care about Krista's daughter even though I am powerless to do anything to help insure she has a bright future except to donate to any fund that is set up to help her.

Thank you in advance for sharing.

Tragic situation that I sense LE is close to resolving. Thoughts with the family and the poor kid that will never know their mother.

NH/VT have had a bunch of these weird cases with 2 in 2004 alone.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18519247/ns/dateline_nbc/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maura_Murray

Oh my goodness, Brianna Maitland and Maura Murray, two other cases I follow very closely - neither even crossed my mind when I heard about Krista. Holy cow. If there's a connection that would just be the most disturbing thing ever, but I guess it would be reassuring if there's only one creep out there rather than several and if this case can bring closer in those other two cases. I realize this is all extremely unlikely, especially since the other two girls have never been found, so the MO is very different, but man wouldn't that be something.

http://www.londonderrynh.net/

Krista-Dittmeyer-MISSING-495x330.jpg

I don't understand the link? Is there a place to find something about Krista? Thanks for any help in advance.

Missing woman's body found in pond

http://www.pressherald.com/news/missing-womans-body-found-in-pond_2011-04-28.html

Authorities had been investigating the disappearance of 20-year-old Krista Dittmeyer since Saturday. A passer-by alerted police around 6:30 a.m. after noticing her Nissan Sentra sitting in a parking area at the Cranmore Mountain Resort in North Conway with its engine running, flashers blinking and Dittmeyer's child in the back seat.

I don't know, I still get this innocent, vulnerable vibe from Krista. She seems less worldly than others her age or than her friends. She seems like the type to me (of course this is only based on photos and interviews of her family), that bad, jealous people may want to destroy, seeing her as better than them but weaker and more vulnerable. I get this sense that whoever harmed her was someone she knew who planned to harm her. We'll see.

Missing Maine mother's body found

On Tuesday, the FBI joined an investigation already underway by New Hampshire State Police and the Conway Police Department. During the investigation, search teams with dogs scoured the area surrounding the Mt. Cranmore Resort in Conway, New Hampshire, Lieutenant Chris Perley, local police spokesman, said previously

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/28/us-maine-mother-missing-idUSTRE73R0TF20110428

(Numb) :-(
I keep picturing Krista cuddling her baby girl in her arms every night.. That statement hit me hard and now, with her gone, is just haunting.. I hope the lil one can truly benefit from the family and transition as best as possible..

...I had a thought I wanted to share... Could she have been followed or chased, either of which prompted her to panic and try to get anyone's attention by her hazard lights only to then be driven into/nudged and she feared she'd crash and instead of risking both her and her baby's lives she chose to stop and either confront the person(s) or she pulled in to the closest place that she could seek help but was grabbed from her vehicle (thus, blood from defense wounds) and dragged or chased until she was caught up with and killed? Perp(s) fleeing immediately after, resulting in Krista's car being left exactly as it was found? Door ajar as she had no chance to close it..(obviously).. Baby just nor a concern to perp(s) (or, alternatively, was a concern and purposefully left, 'safe', either way..) ..How and/or what/why she ended up there could be a result of her having visited someone..
Thought just came to me and wanted to make a note of it..
Two seized vehicles..two to do the job?
Ex boyfriend heavily involved in drugs.. was Krista lured by, "friends" who felt she caused the ex to be incarcerated?
I do struggle with the idea that she would have EVER put her daughter in any remotely risky situation, leading me to believe she really had to have been forced somehow/chased from near her home or never was there to start with..
When I look at the car it looks like it was not frantically parked as it seems aligned in a way.. (just my interpretation) not in a strange angle or half on a different flooring (ie: tarmac and grass)
Shh, such a puzzling case with a truly tragic loss of life.. I hate it when I see such hope, just diminish.. :-(

Missing woman's body found in pond

http://www.pressherald.com/news/missing-womans-body-found-in-pond_2011-04-28.html

Authorities had been investigating the disappearance of 20-year-old Krista Dittmeyer since Saturday. A passer-by alerted police around 6:30 a.m. after noticing her Nissan Sentra sitting in a parking area at the Cranmore Mountain Resort in North Conway with its engine running, flashers blinking and Dittmeyer's child in the back seat.

Also from the link

In June, Dittmeyer was living in South Portland with her boyfriend, Kyle Acker, 26, when he was arrested on charges of trafficking in cocaine and marijuana and having a loaded firearm in the couple's apartment.

Police had received a tip that neighbors believed Acker was selling drugs because many people were coming and going from the apartment. Acker allowed officers to search the apartment and they found 15 grams of cocaine, 2 ounces of marijuana and a 9 mm handgun near the drugs.

Acker told police that he had been selling drugs for about six months, since being released from jail, and that he had been in jail for nonpayment of child support, although Cumberland County court officials could find no record of that.

Here is the Nancy Grace transcript for Tuesday night:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/27/ng.01.html

They already said a couple days ago there was no indications of her leaving voluntarily or committing suicide...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20057408-504083.html

There is also those "reports she was found duct taped..."

If that is true, it certainly doesn't sound like a suicide... it also would make me think even more that the crime occurred somewhere else.

Mentioned at about 2:40 into this video by Patty G:

[video=youtube;qL3tNHGjcp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL3tNHGjcp4&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

My father committed suicide when i was 20, 15 years ago. i have since studied suicide and i just don't think this is a suicide. just my own opinion.

Prayers for her and her family. R.I.P. Krista.

I really hope it wasn't suicide cause it's so hard on the surviving family. at least with murder you have someone to blame. not that i would know, just my point of view. either way it's a terrible tragedy. :(

I agree I don't think this is a suicide.

Suicide or murder... it depends on the family which is easier to accept.

In some it is so hard to accept when thinking about those last few minutes of their life... that this beautiful, talented person couldn't get past their personal demons... and will not have a future. I'm sure you know how all of that is.... However, generally they died quickly and were in control of that situation.

Other family members (understandably) struggle far more with imagining the last moment of the murder victim's life... even though it takes the responsibility away from the victim. The fear they must have felt while being abducted... the pain they felt during the assault... the horror of how they were killed... coping with where the body was dumped...

In the cases where a baby is involved... "Did she die wondering if her baby would live or die? Did she know her baby would be okay or think her baby would be killed?"

In this case I think I'd prefer suicide... or even an accident like an overdose where she wasn't aware of what was happening.

I just don't think that's what it is.

RIP Krista. You did not deserve this and my heart breaks for your daughter, family and friends. Your story has touched me deeply and I will never forget your beautiful smile.

Thank you to mysteriew for highlighting those portions of the article as that was new info I have never read. So KA was likely turned in by a neighbor, had 15 grams of coke, 2 oz of pot and a loaded handgun. I also didn't realize that this is his 2nd stint in jail, the first for non-payment of child suppport. Which leads me right back to Conway. I wonder if KA was always selling drugs or if that was his easy go to for quick money to pay his back support for his child living in Conway. The child support payments (if they were made once he got out of his first jailing) likely stopped in January when he went back in. I can't stop thinking Krista's New Hampshire "friends" know what happened. I don't believe at all that Krista committed suicide. IMO, someone was jealous of her or someone was trying to get back at KA or KA is somehow behind this. Right now I am leaning towards the first two theories.

I still think there may have been relationship overlap between his ex and Krista. And I am struck by how much Aaliyah looks like KA - wow!

As more background information is released, the less likely it appears that Krista was a random victim of a crime of opportunity, imo. Drug dealing from the home, disgruntled neighbors, an ex who had to press charges for non-support, weapons in the home... I'd imagine there are several possible POIs associated with these lifestyle circumstances. My heart bleeds for Krista and her family, but there's no denying Krista and her daughter were associated with a high risk lifestyle, at least in the recent past, imo. If she was killed as a consequence, she certainly did not deserve it and I hope LE has some good leads to narrow the field and arrest the right person(s) very soon. Such a tragic loss. In the photos, Krista clearly appeared to be a very kind and genuine person, as well as an attentive and doting mother. RIP Krista...

OK, the Daily Sun is FULL of Dittmeyer coverage, but the MOST INTERESTING is that Conway patrolman Richard Theberge stopped and arrested R****** *advertiser censored****, 28, brother of K*** *advertiser censored****, the father of Dittmeyer's child, and C**** P*****, 25 of Portland. Patrolman Theberge stopped them at 11:52 pm on Tuesday in the woods behind Cranmore. CP was arrested on willful concealment and RA was not arrested. They both claim to be friends of Krista's and were looking for her as well as a "fort someone built in the woods" but while looking for the fort found a flipflop that allegedly Krista was wearing when she disappeared. They allegedly left the flip flop where they found it.........

Two men, friends of Dittmeyer's, questioned by police at Cranmore late Tuesday night.
Conway Daily Sun, Thursday 4/28/2011
written by Erik Eisele
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/local-news/story/cranmore042711

Guess they didn't think that that flip flop might turn out to be important to the investigation????????? And what were they doing out there at midnight on Tuesday night? Searching for a fort. Hmmmmmmm.

OK, the Daily Sun is FULL of Dittmeyer coverage, but the MOST INTERESTING thing can't be seen online unless you have a subscription. I don't think I can transcribe it here, I don't know. The gist of it is that Conway patrolman Richard Theberge stopped and arrested R****** *advertiser censored****, 28, brother of K*** *advertiser censored****, the father of Dittmeyer's child, and C**** P*****, 25 of Portland. Patrolman Theberge stopped them at 11:52 pm on Tuesday in the woods behind Cranmore. CP was arrested on willful concealment and RA was not arrested. They both claim to be friends of Krista's and were looking for her as well as a "fort someone built in the woods" but while looking for the fort found a flipflop that allegedly Krista was wearing when she disappeared. They allegedly left the flip flop where they found it.........
This is in the Conway Daily Sun today, Thursday 4/28/2011 on page 15, below the picture of the hearse taking Krista away, written by Erik Eisele, titled Two men, friends of Dittmeyer's, questioned by police at Cranmore late Tuesday night.

Guess they didn't think that that flip flop might turn out to be important to the investigation????????? And what were they doing out there at midnight on Tuesday night? Searching for a fort. Hmmmmmmm.
s

Thanks for the info; mighty suspicious set of circumstances, imo...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devon_SP
Back