GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well now I am really baffled, no obvious cause of death in the autopsy. Hmm...we don't know how long the car was left there in that lot correct? It seems we kept concentrating on the fact it was found in the early hours of the morning, when it could have been there all night. Drugs were definitely in her life (not saying she did them) but ex was arrested while living with her and drugs were in the apartment they lived in. The fact that there are no signs of trauma to the body to cause death is very troubling. Someone mentioned perhaps she was out there to party--if that is the case I highly doubt she was there alone. Somebody has to know something and is not talking out of fear. Does anyone know if you are deceased and put into water would your lungs still take in water???

My thinking is why wait 4 days before going back in the woods......

A very good question and especially at the time of night that they were out there. Considering the autopsy did not show an obvious sign of death via trauma or anything else it almost changes the direction of thinking in this case. Those two boys know something. However......not sure why they would mention they were looking for her and this fort out there---I would have kept the fort quiet if it's a place where people go and party. Unless IMO the boys got word from some of her friends about the place out there and went to remove anything that might be considered illegal. I don't know anymore on this case. Very thrown by the fact there were no signs of trauma to the body or the fact they could not come up with a cause for death.

Well now I am really baffled, no obvious cause of death in the autopsy. Hmm...we don't know how long the car was left there in that lot correct? It seems we kept concentrating on the fact it was found in the early hours of the morning, when it could have been there all night. Drugs were definitely in her life (not saying she did them) but ex was arrested while living with her and drugs were in the apartment they lived in. The fact that there are no signs of trauma to the body to cause death is very troubling. Someone mentioned perhaps she was out there to party--if that is the case I highly doubt she was there alone. Somebody has to know something and is not talking out of fear. Does anyone know if you are deceased and put into water would your lungs still take in water???

No. Its actually used to determine whether a person was alive or dead before being put into water. Water only gets into the lungs through "breathing" or the bodies attempt to get air.

No. Its actually used to determine whether a person was alive or dead before being put into water. Water only gets into the lungs through "breathing" or the bodies attempt to get air.

So then autopsy shows she was obviously deceased before she was in the water. Which now creates quite a few more questions. Still convinced she was not out there alone.

A very good question and especially at the time of night that they were out there. Considering the autopsy did not show an obvious sign of death via trauma or anything else it almost changes the direction of thinking in this case. Those two boys know something. However......not sure why they would mention they were looking for her and this fort out there---I would have kept the fort quiet if it's a place where people go and party. Unless IMO the boys got word from some of her friends about the place out there and went to remove anything that might be considered illegal. I don't know anymore on this case. Very thrown by the fact there were no signs of trauma to the body or the fact they could not come up with a cause for death.

This baffling news makes me wonder if these two met her there to sell her drugs and maybe she took some bad drugs and died. I just can't figure out how she ended up in the pond. She didn't drown or the ME would have stated that....but maybe they (the two guys) decided to go into that area to look for her since they know that that was the last area they saw her or is that how she got into the pond? Did she die and they put her into the pond to fake a drowning? Were they too stupid to know that the ME would find out that she didn't drown? Still thinking this over.:waitasec:

ETA: Well the ME should be able to tell how long she has been in the water just in case these two men ventured out there to get her from where ever she was stashed and to put her in the water to make it look like she drowned.

So then autopsy shows she was obviously deceased before she was in the water. Which now creates quite a few more questions. Still convinced she was not out there alone.

Unless LE is witholding that info for some reason, I find it highly unlikely she was alive when she went in the water. Even if someone is shot and/or stabbed, if they are still breathing (alive) when they are put into water, the cause of death is drowning. The fact that they have stated that the cause of death is still undetermined, tells me that she was deceased beforehand.

This baffling news makes me wonder if these two met her there to sell her drugs and maybe she took some bad drugs and died. I just can't figure out how she ended up in the pond. She didn't drown or the ME would have stated that....but maybe they (the two guys) decided to go into that area to look for her since they know that that was the last area they saw her or is that how she got into the pond? Did she die and they put her into the pond to fake a drowning? Were they too stupid to know that the ME would find out that she didn't drown? Still thinking this over.:waitasec:

ETA: Well the ME should be able to tell how long she has been in the water just in case these two men ventured out there to get her from where ever she was stashed and to put her in the water to make it look like she drowned.

I am right therewith you on being baffled. Again, she was not out there alone. Something happened and it happened before she went into the water and someone or a few someone's know what happened as they were there and perhaps tried to cover it up by putting her in the water IMO. Kinda hard to get in the water by yourself if your deceased.

Toxicology reports usually take about 6 weeks don't they? I think once that comes back we will have a few more clues of the cause of death----but who knows if we will ever know what happened. Even if it's ruled a drug overdose as cause of death...there is still the question of how did she get in the water. Hopefully LE is paying close attention to the ex in jail and what he may be saying to other inmates if he knows something, sometimes they talk to other inmates.......

It crossed my mind maybe she was running from someone, went into the water either to hide or hoping the pursuer wouldn't follow her in, waited, and possibly succumbed to hypothermia. ??? Possible.

Glad I'm not the only one coming up with this strange question. I asked that earlier today; trying to ask myself, if someone was chasing me and a cold pond appeared---would I jump in...in hopes the perp would leave? Makes me feel a little better about my thinking now, anyway.

Did they say she did not drown?
Drowning can be accidental in nature or otherwise, i.e. she may have drowned, but they want to see if there are drugs involved that may have contributed to her death?
I do hope they can determine manner of death...i.e. homicide, accidental, etc...as I do with Phylicia Barnes.

Autopsy showed no obvious signs of death and if she did drown that would have shown up in the autopsy

Did they say she did not drown?
Drowning can be accidental in nature or otherwise, i.e. she may have drowned, but they want to see if there are drugs involved that may have contributed to her death?
I do hope they can determine manner of death...i.e. homicide, accidental, etc...as I do with Phylicia Barnes.

Their wording was something like cause of death is undetermined and we are waiting on toxicology.

I just can't picture her getting out of that car purposefully in flip flops and heading towards the woods unless in dire trouble of some kind.

Sounding more like drug OD really could be the cause. Friends worried about a drug conviction may have hid her body in the pond rather than calling 911. They care about the baby and attempted to make sure she was found relatively quickly. Those same friends could have been up there "looking" for her in order to make sure the police made a more detailed search of the area after having missed her body the first time around. They didn't want the family in anguish forever, but also didn't want to take responsibility for the death when it happened.

That's about what I am thinking now, save for the police saying early on they don't believe she willingly left the car. Not sure how they worded it though. Still might fit I guess depending on the wording.

Why would she be doing drugs to the level of ODing with her baby in the car? I'll be stunned if she overdosed. jmo

I think anyone's first thought is she did not leave the car willingly ---it was running --baby inside...who would do that willingly. I feel terrible the way this situation seems to be heading. Very sad.

Why would she be doing drugs to the level of ODing with her baby in the car? I'll be stunned if she overdosed. jmo

You would be amazed at the lengths people go to, to score drugs or get high.

This just baffles me.

Blood in the car- could it be that she threw up blood or something in the car? Perhaps she had done some drugs, was driving home and got sick, didn't think she should drive anymore with baby in car and walked to look for help?

I don't know. Baffling.

I don't understand exactly. CP called the police?

http://www.wmur.com/news/27703824/detail.html#ixzz1KqSj2Px6

It sounds as if someone named Corey Poland and Krista's boyfriend's brother, who is named Richard Acker, were looking for Krista on Tuesday night and found a flip-flop on the mountain. Corey called the police to report what they found. I guess her roommate said she was wearing flip-flops the last time she saw her.

Krista's car had already been located on Tuesday; her body wasn't found til Wednesday. The two men had gone looking for her after her car was discovered.

Does that make sense? At first it seemed suspicious that her boyfriend's brother was out there looking for her. Was he was doing it for his brother for some reason--out of genuine concern or something else.

Maybe they had something to do with her death and just called the police about the flip-flop to make themselves appear innocent? I guess that would be pretty unusual.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janemt
Back