GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Funny how we can see the same thing and have the opposite reaction. When I saw the photos of the ex, I thought he had a very kind face and looked proud to be with Krista. He didn't look like someone who would be dealing drugs and keeping weapons in the house with his girlfriend and daughter; they looked like a nice happy couple to me. But, that's often the case, you really can't judge a book by the cover. I sure hope the ex and his family are not involved in Krista's death in any way and are instead concerned and interested in helping to find out what really happened. It would be even worse for their daughter to lose her mom if it turns out her dad was involved, imo.

Unfortunately I have really only seen one photo and it was his mug shot. Like I said I should in no way be judgemental. I just know when I saw the mug shot I thought wow he looked like a (IMO).

I've followed this from the beginning, but forgive me if this has been brought up....was she possibly supplementing income by doing a deal here/there? I've never known a girlfriend/wife NOT to help out (letting a trusted friend come by to pick up their stuff, meeting them, etc.)

Hate to admit I've seen this, but I've seen two instances of a very small child brought along on "deliveries". also, wonder if KA did give LE contacts (but I'm sure they got names/numbers off phone's contact list and records. Those that were targeted by LE afterward prob. wouldn't believe they weren't ratted out. we all know what happens to "rats", real or perceived. Just some thoughts. Bloody noses from cocaine abuse are common as well (blood in car).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I'm from the area and totally following all of this... perhaps I can offer a different perspective and somethings to think about- I hope my speculations are over stepping my boundries on this site. Please let me know if they are.

My own thoughts one:
If they broke up when he went to jail is it possible that she put him there on a plea of some sort? And if so, (forgive me I forget where I saw this) perhaps when she and the baby visited him in jail recently did she say "you'll never see your kid again"? And maybe his brother "took care of her" so that when he gets out of jail the kid goes to the remaining biological parent? I think that visit may have something to do with it, and hopefully they have something on tape at the jail. I think the flip flop was planted to make it look like she was in the woods there that night which is why I think she died somewhere else- but why would she be out partying at four in the morning in a fort with her baby?

My thoughts 2:
She took over his route- and found herself in trouble- maybe screwed up the money part and couldn't repay the debt. Maybe she thought she was doing a drop- quick trip in flip flops in Maine- baby would be fine, she'd meet them make the exchange and be done. Something goes wrong with a person that knows this area she either gets brought here in the trunk dead or alive (and someone follows the car in the second car with the warrant) and they take off to Conway- leave that car there and take off in a third car. Cranmore is a very remote area- you can't see anything from a main road. You need to drive a quater mile in or so to get to the ski area. Once there there are expansive dirt parking lots in front, then the base lodge with the mountain behind. As you're looking at the mountain left to right... duck pond, base lodge, athletic center.

But there's other rumors around here that there were narcotics and money in the car... why if this was an unplanned crime of passion would the "bad guy" not take it and go as far as possible? It's what makes me believe that it was someone associated with the father. If she was dead when she went into the pond, and she was bound... she didn't put on the flashers and make sure the kid was okay- but someone did. This doesn't sound like a good crowd- and the baby was out in a bad, bad situation- something rose above the criminal activity to save that baby and I say it was love. Love from a family member.

It's all so very fishy.

I think her body was brought across state lines- and I'm not entirely sure this was the act of a male. You're right, why would 2 guys bound her? But a woman might to control her.

This town is on edge- everyone wants answers...

Unfortunately I have really only seen one photo and it was his mug shot. Like I said I should in no way be judgemental. I just know when I saw the mug shot I thought wow he looked like a (IMO).

I understand KathyJ - by their very nature, mug shots can influence our first impressions of anyone. I saw the personal photos before the mug shot, so just a different initial impression. If KA's a , I hope he's a that loved his girlfriend and loves his daughter and was in no way involved in Krista's death. Time will tell (at least I hope the truth will eventually be known).
:rose:

Funny how we can see the same thing and have the opposite reaction. When I saw the photos of the ex, I thought he had a very kind face and looked proud to be with Krista. He didn't look like someone who would be dealing drugs and keeping weapons in the house with his girlfriend and daughter; they looked like a nice happy couple to me. But, that's often the case, you really can't judge a book by the cover. I sure hope the ex and his family are not involved in Krista's death in any way and are instead concerned and interested in helping to find out what really happened. It would be even worse for their daughter to lose her mom if it turns out her dad was involved, imo.

The mugshot is the only photo I've seen, and he did not look nice in that one. I wish I'd seen this other one, just for the sake of fairness.

Also, the fact that her family would not say anything about him sort of led me to believe that they did not think he was too great--thus amplifying the negative effect of the mug shot! If they had a good opinion of him, I believe they would have stated it. Or maybe not--possibly LE told them to just keep quiet about him.

Hi All,

I'm from the area and totally following all of this... perhaps I can offer a different perspective and somethings to think about- I hope my speculations are over stepping my boundries on this site. Please let me know if they are.

My own thoughts one:
If they broke up when he went to jail is it possible that she put him there on a plea of some sort? And if so, (forgive me I forget where I saw this) perhaps when she and the baby visited him in jail recently did she say "you'll never see your kid again"? And maybe his brother "took care of her" so that when he gets out of jail the kid goes to the remaining biological parent? I think that visit may have something to do with it, and hopefully they have something on tape at the jail. I think the flip flop was planted to make it look like she was in the woods there that night which is why I think she died somewhere else- but why would she be out partying at four in the morning in a fort with her baby?

My thoughts 2:
She took over his route- and found herself in trouble- maybe screwed up the money part and couldn't repay the debt. Maybe she thought she was doing a drop- quick trip in flip flops in Maine- baby would be fine, she'd meet them make the exchange and be done. Something goes wrong with a person that knows this area she either gets brought here in the trunk dead or alive (and someone follows the car in the second car with the warrant) and they take off to Conway- leave that car there and take off in a third car. Cranmore is a very remote area- you can't see anything from a main road. You need to drive a quater mile in or so to get to the ski area. Once there there are expansive dirt parking lots in front, then the base lodge with the mountain behind. As you're looking at the mountain left to right... duck pond, base lodge, athletic center.

But there's other rumors around here that there were narcotics and money in the car... why if this was an unplanned crime of passion would the "bad guy" not take it and go as far as possible? It's what makes me believe that it was someone associated with the father. If she was dead when she went into the pond, and she was bound... she didn't put on the flashers and make sure the kid was okay- but someone did. This doesn't sound like a good crowd- and the baby was out in a bad, bad situation- something rose above the criminal activity to save that baby and I say it was love. Love from a family member.

It's all so very fishy.

I think her body was brought across state lines- and I'm not entirely sure this was the act of a male. You're right, why would 2 guys bound her? But a woman might to control her.

bolded by me.

It occurred to me also that she might be trying to keep up his drug business for him while he is in prison.

Maybe he asked her to do it as a "favor" while she was on her last visit with him and she agreed because he either threatened her or used that alleged sweet smile to coerce her. She thought it would be an easy transaction and something went way wrong.

It's hard to imagine him doing all this just to get custody of the baby --would he really want to be tied down like that? Unless he was temporarily out of his mind and using the baby as some kind of bargaining chip.

It really does seem as if it (the murder) had something to do with him because the baby was spared. But who knows? People here have given examples where a stranger left a child to live and killed an adult.

Just read this article on the Conway Daily Sun page (not their FB page), "Two Friends of Dittmeyer's Summoned Police to Cranmore the Night before her Body was Found." It gives a more detailed account of what happened Tuesday night and the backgrounds of the two men. It includes a quote from Ricky Acker from today.

Here's the link: http://www.conwaydailysun.com/node/462253
Quite a family Ms Dittmeyer got herself involved with.Combined with drug dealing out of her place of residence with a gun on the premises and domestic violence plus other criminal charges from the babies uncle, I'm betting someone in that group is responsible or is associated with the person(s) responsible for this death. I won't say murder quite yet, it could be a OD.

I have one question and I might have missed somethung somwhere? How did the two guys know where she was?

I have one question and I might have missed somethung somwhere? How did the two guys know where she was?

I don't think it's been directly stated how they knew, but they called police from the scene on Tuesday night. Krista being missing and the location where the car and the baby had been found had already hit the local news and Nancy Grace dedicated her show to Krista's case (with lots of info about the location) on Monday, the day before the two men claim they went to search for her...

I hate to think that drugs were involved but it kind of makes sense to me.

As a former addict, I agree with you, it is rare in a relationship that one person is dealing and the other isn’t at least involved one way or another. Many times I was told “I’m not around right now, but stop by the house and my girlfriend/wife/etc. can hook you up.” Perhaps she was dealing after her boyfriend went to jail as a way to make ends meet.

The blood in the car also made me think of a possible nose bleed from snorting drugs. Often when someone overdoses, their nose will bleed. Or if she was forced out of the car, perhaps she was hit or hit her nose on something while being pulled out of the car, leaving traces of blood.

Who would go out searching for her late at night? I don’t buy their, I think they knew her body was up there.

Also, I think the person who took her/or was with her up there wanted the baby to be found, which was why they put the flashers on. Someone who at least cared about the baby’s well being. Hmmm….

I've followed this from the beginning, but forgive me if this has been brought up....was she possibly supplementing income by doing a deal here/there? I've never known a girlfriend/wife NOT to help out (letting a trusted friend come by to pick up their stuff, meeting them, etc.)

Hate to admit I've seen this, but I've seen two instances of a very small child brought along on "deliveries". also, wonder if KA did give LE contacts (but I'm sure they got names/numbers off phone's contact list and records. Those that were targeted by LE afterward prob. wouldn't believe they weren't ratted out. we all know what happens to "rats", real or perceived. Just some thoughts. Bloody noses from cocaine abuse are common as well (blood in car).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well i know from personal experience that 5 years ago i met my hubby and he was a drug dealer and user. when i met him i just knew i could help him be the man i knew he could be. we started dating and i became hooked on morphine as well. but 2 years after we met we both quit using drugs. been clean 3 1/2 years now. but during our relationship he went to jail and his dealing was supporting us both. so i took over and became a cocaine dealer. little innocent me. from my looks and background (didn't start using drugs till i was 28) you would never believe that i was capable of doing it. but it really was easy money. though now i think of situation and am horrified at my actions. life is so much easier being clean and sober and i'm very proud of how far we have come! also i sewed drugs into his court clothes, i put myself in such a bad situation. it all turned out good in the end like i knew in my heart that it would.

Hi All,

My own thoughts one:

My thoughts 2:

It's all so very fishy.

Great assessment, WoodSprite! :greetings:

:welcome4:

well i know from personal experience that 5 years ago i met my hubby and he was a drug dealer and user. when i met him i just knew i could help him be the man i knew he could be. we started dating and i became hooked on morphine as well. but 2 years after we met we both quit using drugs. been clean 3 1/2 years now. but during our relationship he went to jail and his dealing was supporting us both. so i took over and became a cocaine dealer. little innocent me. from my looks and background (didn't start using drugs till i was 28) you would never believe that i was capable of doing it. but it really was easy money. though now i think of situation and am horrified at my actions. life is so much easier being clean and sober and i'm very proud of how far we have come! also i sewed drugs into his court clothes, i put myself in such a bad situation. it all turned out good in the end like i knew in my heart that it would.

Mushy, thanks for writing that. None of us are too keen on admitting those things, and I commend you. I've dated a couple of um...yeah. People you'd never suspect, even those who don't need the money! You illustrate my point, exactly. I have been surprised numerous times about who the "source" has been.

She could have also used a "middleman". A friend (female) would sit in the room while whatever deal was going down and was just "there". A guy (brother in law) would handle the transaction, thus protecting her identity, but she could still negotiate (if need be) discreetly and also decide wether to deal with the person directly.

Just sayin'. MOO

Hi all! I live about 45 minutes from Conway and I've been following this story through local news. It finally occurred to me to see if there was a discussion here at WS about this case. I don't post here a lot but I come here often to follow certain cases. There's always such good info here and so many great minds pondering such great theories. I just read through all 38 pages of both threads and I'm really impressed with all the info shared.

I have a lot of thoughts and theories too. Pretty much all of them have already been mentioned by you all so I'm not gonna go into them. I only wanted to share a local's perspective on some things that have been in question throughout this thread.

1) Most of us pull out the flip-flops and capris by the first of April...some people wear them all year long...myself included lol. We are hardcore here in NH :)

2) Because NH is so rural it is not uncommon for kids/young people to party in the woods at all times of the year. Almost every town/area has its own little hot spots for partying in the woods. Even the more city-like areas like Manchester, Nashua, and Portsmouth have them. I have been to many a forest parties in my younger years. Kids and many young adults still live with parents/relatives where they cannot freely party so the woods are a welcoming place for them. Most of us who grew up here are not at all afraid of the rugged NH woods.

3) As someone already mentioned, ski trail/hiking trail forts are a common thing around here. My uncle is an avid skier and loves to party. He skis pretty much every day in the winter cause he works in construction and has winters off. He and his friends have made many such forts on our wonderful mountains.

4) LE up here is known for being tight lipped about possible homicides until they have all their ducks in a row. They prefer to know most everything that happened and have all their evidence and a perp (preferably in custody) before they release much info to the public. I wouldn't be so sure just yet that there was no visible trauma to suggest COD. When my cousin was murdered we were told the same things. They told us he was found with no cuts or bruises to suggest what happened and they had to await toxicology reports before they could say what killed him. They initially led us to believe he may have been experimenting with drugs/alcohol for the first time (he was 14) and something bad happened. He was found in an area near some railroad tracks known for a place that young people partied at. Turns out 2 guys stabbed him to death in a robbery gone wrong as he rode his bike home from the park. They took his bike and his back pack hoping to score some money for beer and/or durgs, according to them. We the family did not even get all the facts until they had all their evidence and the perps in custody (about 5 days later).

Another few points I want to make as a former drug user who had some undesireable acquaintances...

1) It is true that it would seem odd for someone to be dealing drugs out of their house without their SO or other people living their knowing. Most couples I knew when I used were in it together...and as someone mentioned, often the wife/GF took care of business anytime the dealer wasn't around (work, jail, etc.)

2) However, that being said, I have seen quite a few times when a guy was dealing on smaller levels and his wife/GF never knew. It was known to all of us that she was not to know and most times these guys would deliver and just leave their wives at home saying they were going to run errands or visit. Sometimes I think some these girls knew deep down but chose to pretend they didn't know since they had no solid proof, or they just rather pretend their life was more perfect than it really was. And other times some of them were truly oblivious to what was really going on. It was not uncommon to have a couple who were both into using when they were younger but then a child comes along and the woman realizes it's time to grow up and draws the line saying no more drugs. The man agrees but then continues anyway behind her back. And sometimes the woman stops and tells the man he can continue but not in the house or in front of her so he just becomes better at hiding it from her.

3) I've also seen everything from users who keep their kids completely away from it, to those who keep them mostly away from it, to those that don't keep their kids away from it at all. For me, as soon as I knew I was expecting my first child I stopped all use and association with those people. I have been clean for 6 years now and have 3 beautiful children.

So it could go both ways here. Krista may, or may not, have known about the drugs...and may, or may not, have been involved too. Who knows?

Wow sorry for the long winded post! Like I said, I don't post much. I'm one of those people who doesn't say much most of the time but when I do a whole novel comes out lol. Thanx again for everyone's hard work on this story. I hate when things like this happen so close to home but appreciate as much attention and focus as possible when it does. We are a fairly low crime rate area so I feel we often become overlooked in the national news when crimes do happen. Good that we're low crime...bad that it for some reason makes what crime we do have insignificant to the rest of the country.

Anyhow, keep up the good work WSers! I'm gonna keep checking here for the latest. You guys seem to have much more, and much better, info on here than anywhere else :)

One more thought about the girlfriends involved with guys that deal: they are "second in command" and usually what they say, goes. They are viewed as an extension of the dealer - and control everything about it if he's not around. If anyone were to treat her badly, there would be hell to pay. Their source would be gone, they'd be "blacklisted", and prob. beaten to a pulp. I'm wondering if this is a personal vendetta over drugs, and the person was heinous enough to kill Krista, but not the child. I dunno. Lots of killers "draw the line" at killing children, kwim? Wish more did, though.

Sorry for multiple posts - having trouble editing!

She could have also told bf that someone was bothering her for money owed or coming on to her and he had someone go "talk" to that person...and perhaps that person retaliated by killing krista.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more thought about the girlfriends involved with guys that deal: they are "second in command" and usually what they say, goes. They are viewed as an extension of the dealer - and control everything about it if he's not around. If anyone were to treat her badly, there would be hell to pay. Their source would be gone, they'd be "blacklisted", and prob. beaten to a pulp. I'm wondering if this is a personal vendetta over drugs, and the person was heinous enough to kill Krista, but not the child. I dunno. Lots of killers "draw the line" at killing children, kwim? Wish more did, though.

I've wondered if her bf owed money for the coke he got busted with...

I've wondered if her bf owed money for the coke he got busted with...

Well, just asked how much 15 grams is worth on the street right now...lol. Waiting for answer. I love having a bunch of (very) worldly people in my life! They answer all of my questions without wondering why I'm asking (they don't want to hear a long-winded case and therefor don't ask anymore.

Was it powder? rock? How cut was it? That all makes a difference in the monetary value. Plus, it said 15 grams in the home...maybe that was all he had left and had moved a lot more. Perhaps after busted, Krista needed that money to support her and the baby, and told the source that they never moved it, thus no money. Perhaps one of them finally read the conviction for 15 grams and put 2 and 2 together OR, perhaps she was making payments on it!!! Seriously - I've seen that, too! Sorry to wander.

Well, just asked how much 15 grams is worth on the street right now...lol. Waiting for answer. I love having a bunch of (very) worldly people in my life! They answer all of my questions without wondering why I'm asking (they don't want to hear a long-winded case and therefor don't ask anymore.

Was it powder? rock? How cut was it? That all makes a difference in the monetary value. Plus, it said 15 grams in the home...maybe that was all he had left and had moved a lot more. Perhaps after busted, Krista needed that money to support her and the baby, and told the source that they never moved it, thus no money. Perhaps one of them finally read the conviction for 15 grams and put 2 and 2 together OR, perhaps she was making payments on it!!! Seriously - I've seen that, too! Sorry to wander.

15 grams individually sold would go for about $80-$100 where i am from. that could put the high end at $1500. if you bought it all together at a good rate, you could buy it for $900-$1000. that is here in canada where i am from. i always thought prices where universal, but i could be totally wrong. that is being powdered cocaine. crack would go for more.

i asked hubby how much and then i had to explain why, lol. he was all confused about what i was talking about and i tried explaining it, but he's more into the hockey game.

also, it is not unusual to be fronted drugs from your dealer if you are making him money, so there is always that chance her boyfriend could have owed for it, but that amount just doesn't seem like an amount to murder over, jmo. you never know nowadays.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janemt
Back