Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true, anything is possible.

Someone could've went to force Maura in their car and a black bear could've appeared out of the woods and snatched Maura up by its mouth before the abductor got Maura in the car as well.

Crimes of opportunity are very common, black bears coming out of the woods to snatch people up, are not.

I'm very curious as to what there is about this post that needed to be deleted so quickly?

"James, when you mentioned that that police called you to tell you not to call Lori a red flag popped up. The police are not in the business to relay messages. So either it wasn't the police or Lori has a friend in the PD that did her a favor which is more likely IMO. "

Telemag, Renner deleted your post because you mentioned the name of the hairdresser, which is now a no-no on his blog. (Some of my posts were deleted too, for the same reason.)

The color photo you posted is not the one featured on Renner's blog. The now-banished Renner photo remains compelling.

Yes that photo came from Renner's blog and it was listed as photo #2 he posted it and took it down rather quickly.

Telemag, Renner deleted your post because you mentioned the name of the hairdresser, which is now a no-no on his blog. (Some of my posts were deleted too, for the same reason.)

Not sure why you think I posted the quote I showed but it wasn't me. Also, if you look back at my post where I quoted the person who did post the hair dressers name is NOT mentioned. If you are referring to something else let me know. Thanks. OK, I just added the quote again so you wouldn't have to go back and find it. Just found it odd that he took this down and yes he did take other posts down that mentioned names but this one didn't. I think you are thinking of another post. OK you are correct it does mention her name my mistake sorry bout that.

"James, when you mentioned that that police called you to tell you not to call Lori a red flag popped up. The police are not in the business to relay messages. So either it wasn't the police or Lori has a friend in the PD that did her a favor which is more likely IMO. Hopefully you are not going to give up so soon.

So LE spoke to this woman and she said she isn't Maura. Would you expect her to admit even if she was? Come on James, do you really think this is a coincidence that this Lori girl is friends with someone who is a dead ringer for Maura, especially after all the other weird things that connect her to Maura? The second photo that you showed is just plain eerie it looks so much like Maura. The first pic the girl's hair style is identical to Maura's high school pic. You also mentions that baby pic looking just like Maura. I'm hoping that you are not going to dismiss this so quickly just because of one phone call that I personally wouldn't put any faith into."

Yes that photo came from Renner's blog and it was listed as photo #2 he posted it and took it down rather quickly.

Hi Telemag — Somehow I entirely missed the photo #2 from Renner's site. So, my error. In any event, I share your skepticism about the abrupt "nothing to see here after all" resolution to this latest saga — but . . . .

Hi Telemag — Somehow I entirely missed the photo #2 from Renner's site. So, my error. In any event, I share your skepticism about the abrupt "nothing to see here after all" resolution to this latest saga — but . . . .

No biggy, I think most people missed it cause he took it down so quickly. Renner has always said that if he found Maura and she would come forward and ask him to keep her whereabouts to himself he would. The problem with that is when he did think that he found her he started posting info about her and her friends and posting photos of them too. He even said that this girls child bore a strong resemblance to Maura as a child so he obviously has more photos that he hasn't posted. I really think that Renner thought he found Maura.

Let's assume that the girl he posted pics of is Maura and at first she ignored him and hoped he would simply give up, but when he didn't she or someone contacted him and asked him to leave it alone if not for her, but for her children's sake. What would you think he would do? If he did decide to let it go after all that he had posted he kind of put himself in a bad situation. There are other people out there that know this girls name because he was asking people not to post her name. So, if it really is Maura it will eventually be known in my opinion.

The second pic he posted is kind of small, but imo it's pretty much an exact match of Maura as she would look a little older and having gained some weight. Both Maura's sister were pretty active in school and both have gained weight after graduating as most people do and would stand to reason that Maura most likely would too. There are too many coincidences that are hard to dismiss.

Just catching up on this case as I've been away for a while, and wow, it seems like a lot has happened!

I'm normally quite skeptical of James Renner. I don't believe Maura was driving in tandem with someone, for example, and I think it's really unlikely that she ran away to start a new life elsewhere. But damn does that photo seem compelling!

Would it be possible for the police to confirm that this person is not Maura, if she did not wish to disclose that information? As far as I'm aware, Maura isn't wanted for any crime, and has the right to move and take up a new name/identity if she so chose. So, when the police 'confirm' that this isn't Maura, have they done anything more than just call her and ask her?

Just catching up on this case as I've been away for a while, and wow, it seems like a lot has happened!

I'm normally quite skeptical of James Renner. I don't believe Maura was driving in tandem with someone, for example, and I think it's really unlikely that she ran away to start a new life elsewhere. But damn does that photo seem compelling!

Would it be possible for the police to confirm that this person is not Maura, if she did not wish to disclose that information? As far as I'm aware, Maura isn't wanted for any crime, and has the right to move and take up a new name/identity if she so chose. So, when the police 'confirm' that this isn't Maura, have they done anything more than just call her and ask her?

It has been confirmed that this person is in no way Maura.

James Renner had one of his blog worshipers (who happened to live near this alleged Maura Murray look-a-like) go to the town's library and pull the photo of this mystery person from a high school yearbook. The photo was then put on a Maura Murray blog that James Renner's buddy runs and it clearly is not Maura. Now the photo has been removed.

And the Maura Murray mystery continues ...................................

It has been confirmed that this person is in no way Maura.

James Renner had one of his blog worshipers (who happened to live near this alleged Maura Murray look-a-like) go to the town's library and pull the photo of this mystery person from a high school yearbook. The photo was then put on a Maura Murray blog that James Renner's buddy runs and it clearly is not Maura. Now the photo has been removed.

And the Maura Murray mystery continues ...................................

I am NOT saying this isn't true it very well could be, but it's definitely nothing more but hearsay. Saying that something is definitely true and actually proving it are two different things.

BBM - That is my question as well. I'm specifically wondering if she has gone missing voluntarily, is found by the police and tells them she wants to stay "missing" it seems they would at least have to say that the case is now closed. I mean, they couldn't lie just to cover for her and say they are still investigating if they actually know where she is, could they?

I have heard in other cases where a family has been looking for some who, unbeknownst to them, left voluntarily and when located by police a statement is released that says they have located the missing person, confirmed that it's them and won't release any info, case closed. I would think they would have to at least do that if they found Maura.

So apparently the girl on the left is the same girl in the pic above I posted and the other photo that was posted on Renner's site.

Attachments

• maura-non-maura1.jpg
    maura-non-maura1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 72
Crimes of opportunity are very common, black bears coming out of the woods to snatch people up, are not.

Crimes of opportunity on a dark highway in the middle of nowhere in the middle of winter are not very common.

yeah, so how is this hearsay exactly?

Hearsay is simply someone repeating something they read or heard and stating it as fact. I actually found the pic after my reply but it still isn't proof even though it may or may not be true. I personally take much of what I read on the net with a grain of sal but that's just me. My reply to your post wasn't directly aimed at you at all but towards Renner's responses or lack thereof when it came to his sudden turn about regarding this issue.

There's waaaay more to this and far as the police go all they supposedly did was call this girl and she said I'm not Maura. I've been following this for years and as far as I'm concerned the two pics that he posted is imo without a doubt Maura Murray. I do not say that lightly. If I'm wrong then I would be the first one to admit it, but I'd bet real money it's her.

IMO, I don't think there is anymore to this. She wasn't Maura. The picture has a likeness, but there are differences. The eyebrows are way off. I know you can trim them, but the shape is totally different. There was something different about the eyes and lips too. She could be Maura's sister or cousin, but unfortunately, I don't think she is Maura.

There is no way the police would find and speak with Maura, and then continue to lie about the case. If Maura was contacted by police, and she told them she had no interest in being found or contacted by family etc., the police would respect that, but they wouldn't leave the investigation open, or lie and say they still have no idea where she is. This happens not uncommonly in voluntary walk away cases. The police simply say they have located the person, who wants his/her privacy respected, and their case is closed. If the police say they've confirmed it isn't Maura, then it isn't Maura, as far as I'm concerned. End of story.

Not that it really matters since it's been discounted as being Maura, but that picture telemag posted wasn't the picture that looked so much like Maura. I don't think that is the same woman. The one I mentioned was of someone who was a true look-alike.

Not that it really matters since it's been discounted as being Maura, but that picture telemag posted wasn't the picture that looked so much like Maura. I don't think that is the same woman. The one I mentioned was of someone who was a true look-alike.

I posted two pics. The first one with the girl in the ball cap and the second that looked to me like a high school year book pic. From what was said these two pics are of the same girl just years apart, that I know for sure. Another pic was posted of Renner's site of two girls and the one on the right was the Maura lookalike and again it was said that this is the same girl as in the other two pics I posted here. As you can see from her year book pic she definitely looks nothing like she used to comparing the current and old pics. This is exactly why we can not compare Maura's older pics at 21 to what we think she may look like today. She could look very similar or completely different.

Crimes of opportunity on a dark highway in the middle of nowhere in the middle of winter are not very common.

Just for discussion...

There probably has been thousands upon thousands of times where a gal's car breaks down in the middle of nowhere and nothing happens...

Reminds me of all the people who play the lottery and lose and we never hear about them. But along comes a winner - and that's who we hear about - unfortunately MM might be that one in million "winner" of the having a crime of opportunity take place in the middle of nowhere.

Okay, the same reasoning over odds could be also be applied to her finding a way to make to her final destination and ending it all if that was her desire... or simply being the one out of so many who dies from exposure and is not found..

It a toss up IMO - foulplay, suicide, exposure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member