NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't the presence of a coroner depend upon how things are handled in that area? I would imagine that state crime lab folks would come in first, particularly if there is a local coroner whom may not be equipped or experienced enough to handle this type of situation? I really don't know.

I am so torn. I want this to be finally over for Fred and his family, but I am really doubtful that this press conference is going to give us the info we are all looking for.
The lack of presence of a coroner's vehicle is what is causing my doubt. There would definitely be a vehicle there if human remains had been found.
Gosh, I feel for everyone involved, including the family that lives there. Good people who don't deserve to have this happen in their 'new' home.

At the presser, they may just announce that they did a search at the request of the family and that nothing was found. This would be heartbreaking for the Murray family. I feel sick to my stomach right now just anticipating what we are about to learn in 25 minutes.

Please, someone shine a ray of hope on this thread.
I hope they wouldn’t summon the family up there on whats gotta be a three hour drive just to tell me they’ve found nothing

Wouldn't the presence of a coroner depend upon how things are handled in that area? I would imagine that state crime lab folks would come in first, particularly if there is a local coroner whom may not be equipped or experienced enough to handle this type of situation? I really don't know.
Great point! Thank you for mentioning this.

I hope they wouldn’t summon the family up there on whats gotta be a three hour drive just to tell me they’ve found nothing
I would hope they wouldn't as well, but since the family requested the search, they may want the family there at the press conference to respond to questions from the press. I just don't know.

That's possible. None of the vehicles in any of the news photos looked a vehicle of the type that would carry human remains from a crime scene, might be a better way to word it. It's totally possible that one was there at some point and either left or came after the cameras. It just seems to me that if human remains were carried from the house at some point, someone would have seen it and we'd have heard about it by now via the local outlets as a witness to that would be likely to be quite vocal about it.

I have to say, if I had recently bought a home and there were any question of whether there was a body in the basement, I'd have the authorities out there digging yesterday. No way I'd want to not know for sure. Yikes.

They may have found remains in the woods not necessarily in a residence.

Very true. It did occur to me that Maura went and hid somewhere and had a tragic accident or got wedged into a hiding place or otherwise died from exposure. Honestly, that may be the best hope now. I hope we'll find out, too.

I would hope they wouldn't as well, but since the family requested the search, they may want the family there at the press conference to respond to questions from the press. I just don't know.
I think that's true. I think the public wants an update from Fred regardless of which way it goes since he initiated this search.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member