NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand why they would do this? Why have a PC?

Because without one the speculation from the public would have been rampant, and IMO, that's more cruel to the family. I don't think it was mean--they met with the family before the presser to fill them in so they would not hear about it on TV first, or let them be strung along by rumor. Much better to speak with the family in person and then release it than have them subject to wild rumors.

If my family member were missing for 15 years and the police were excavating a basement for possible evidence, I would for sure want to be there in person to know what they found, even if it was nothing, especially if it was at my family's request that they search there in the first place. I did find it interesting that there were state police cadaver dogs there in February and they did not hit on anything. I'd only heard about the private citizens' search.

Last edited:
Is a little strange that they would call the family up there when there was not anything new at all. Only way I could figure is if the family requested for that to happen.

If nothing was found there it might be time to just give up on the area around the crash site. She likely left the vicinity and died/was killed in a completely different area.

No words here.....strange behavior of LE.....so sad for this family...they could have told this by phone. Off course that isn't the proper policy in dealing with this cases, but still.... we have this saying...."iemand blij maken met een dode mus"....making someone happy with a dead sparrow......

I am just so confused. Fred was convinced that two sets of cadaver dogs and ground penetrating radar had found something. This presser heavily implied the exact opposite.

How is there such a disparity between the two views?

Fred means well but he never has been that good with the 'evidence' he brings forward. He bases his evidence largely off of rumors with little to no proof of any kind to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07