NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

To her family and friends Maura Murray is more than just a missing person. She is a memory full of love and joy, pain and sorrow. Maura is an athlete, a runner, a basketball player. Maura is a student with friends from Hanson, West Point, Umass Amherst. She is a daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin, and a girlfriend to many whose warm memories have appeared in newspapers and on TV.

Some comments (as posted on www.MauraMurray.com) from those who know who Maura really is:

"If you wanted to make a person, you would make her just like her."

“We all miss Maura so much, that smile and giggle is indescribable.”

“Maura is such a sweet, funny, intelligent, nice girl. She was awesome to be friends/competitors with. I loved running against her.”

“I don't have too much to say except that I think about her often and especially now that our class is graduating. She was always sweet and helpful in nursing lab ... always smiling and laughing.”

“Maura you are missed so very much.... Your family and friends will never give up till we find you...I pray for someone to come forward with information...I pray for you to come home............”

“We have some great memories of Maura. We were lucky enough to have her stay with us several times when she returned to visit the West Point area. Talk about the perfect house guest: She not only helped with dishes and picked up after herself, she even helped with painting rooms and digging fence post holes! No matter what we were up to, she always pitched in. It's now been more than a year since she's stayed with us, but we're keeping the guest room ready. We miss her a lot.”

And from those who have come to know about Maura:

“I think of Maura and her family and friends often. I was once a victim of abduction 1985 in Vermont. I managed to get away. I know the feelings and perspectives from all sides.”

” I also found a blue ribbon to tie around my wrist as a sign of hope for Maura. I don't know what happened to Maura or where she is but I think of her often, especially when i go up north. I will always keep my eyes and ears open and do all that I can to help. My heart goes out to her and her family. and I pray, wish, and hope for her safe return.”

“I Just recently heard about Maura's case on the TV show Missing. It broke my heart.”

Maura has had a thread on Websleuths since 2004. Unfortunately, the older posts were lost. Those of you who have followed Maura’s case have read or been a part of some lively discussions. Please know that the family appreciates your interest and the concern and support expressed by so many of you. We would also like to express our thanks to those who have posted information about Maura on their websites…too many to mention, but they know who they are, to the people who write to Maura’s website with information and/or support, and to those who take the time to discuss their thoughts on Maura’s forum.

MAURA MURRAY

Height: 5´7"

Weight: 120 lbs. (approximately)

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Blue

Last seen wearing jeans and a dark colored coat.

On February 9, 2004, Maura Murray left her dorm room at Umass Amherst, stopped at an ATM and liquor store and headed north. Sometime between 7:00 p.m. and 7:28 pm. Maura’s car ended up at the side of rural road in Haverhill/Woodsville, New Hampshire. According to what was reported to family members and in the media, we know that Maura spoke to at least one person and was seen be other neighbors. There was some damage to Maura’s car and the air bags had deployed. The temperature was 12º and there are reports that it was snowing lightly. Near where Maura’s car was found the road has a sharp curve. Although Maura’s family believe she may have been headed East towards Bartlett, NH, it is unknown where Maura was headed. At 12:55 p.m. that day, Maura made a call to a family that has rental units in Bartlett and had earlier searched her computer for directions to Burlington, VT (these hand written directions were found in a book in her car) and other destinations.

There have been unconfirmed ‘sightings’ of Maura, including one that night (this ‘sighting’ was not reported until the end of April 2004) four to five miles East of where her car was found, in the area of Route 112 and Route 116 and one as recently as this past summer. The police have reported to the family that Maura’s credit cards and ATM card have not been used. There were no calls on Maura’s cell phone after 4:37 p.m. on February 9, 2004 when she checked her messages. This cell phone account has been kept active. Maura’s license expired a few months later and to the family’s knowledge has not been renewed.

The car Maura was driving was registered to her father, Fred Murray. He was not contacted until February 10, 2005 in the late afternoon that his car had been found. The family made several calls to the police in Haverhill, NH to inform them that it would have been Maura driving the car, not Fred. Family members as well as her boyfriend, Billy Rausch and members of his family traveled to NH to help in the search for Maura. It has been reported that the police, the person who reportedly last spoke to Maura and members of the Haverhill fire department did some searching (although no available reports indicate that there was any search to the east of the vehicle) the night her car was found, but no official search was begun until Wednesday, February 11, 2004. At that time a search dog was brought in and an air search was performed by the NH State Police. Over the next couple of weeks Maura’s family and friends performed their own search for any evidence that Maura had gone into the woods…there were no footprints in the almost 2 feet of snow along the sides of the road. The area was flooded with posters.

Maura’s father, family and friends continue to travel to NH. Any lead or tip received at Maura’s website is followed through on. The family has contacted several groups in an effort to find Maura. Ads have been run in hunting magazines, posts made in hiking forums, missing forums, etc., emails have been sent to the Audubon Society, surveyors and others asking that they be on the look out for Maura or her belongings.

In the time Maura has been missing there have been two Governors in NH. Maura’s dad and family and friends have written to both asking for help. Maura’s dad, Fred, has met with one Governor, the Attorney General, Assistant Attorneys General and investigators and yet the family has little concrete knowledge of what is happening or has happened in the investigation. The have learned of searches conducted, not from the police, but from people on the street in NH or from newspaper reporters. Yet, as recently as this week information has been sent to a Victims’ Advocate with tips the family has received. An article on Maura appeared in “17 Magazine” in 2004. Greta Van Susteren, Montel Williams and various news stations have carried stories on Maura in the past. Almost 20 months later, we see little hope for any publicity regarding Maura’s case without the help of people writing to various news agencies.

Maura’s Websites: www.MauraMurray.com

http://www.spbowers.com/mauramissing.html

Printable Posters: http://www.theyaremissed.org/gallery/listview/profile_all.php?A200401157S

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/MAURAMURRAYMISSINGPOSTER61405.gif

If you have seen Maura or if you have any information regarding her whereabouts, please contact:

Email: Info2@mauramurray.com

USPS: Mauramurray.com

P.O. Box 466

Humarock, MA 02047

Or contact New Hampshire State Police Major Crimes Unit - Lt. Russ Conte at:

1-603-271-2663 or e-mail at missingpersons@safety.state.nh.us

Or, please contact the Haverhill Police Department at: 603-787-2222.

The telephone number for the Center for Missing Adults is 1-800-690-3463.

The family and loved ones of Maura are offering a $40,000 Reward for any information leading to her safe return.
For information regarding pledges to help find Maura please click reward information.

Pictures of Maura:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/Maura1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/Poem.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/Remembering1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/Fred.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/MauraFred.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/MauraSanta.gif

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/Coverjpeg.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/Maura-Track.jpg

Crash site:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/Headingeast1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/Headingeast2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/Headingwest1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/Areamap.png

Thoughts of Maura:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/MauraMurray/Fred2905.jpg

I have learned over the last year that many statements by those of us who love Maura have been misunderstood or twisted. I wish I could honestly say that I don’t care, but I do. The following thoughts are straight from my heart without a lot of editing or rewriting. Because I have no control over what others read into my words or thoughts, I am just going to say what I feel. Hopefully, I am able to communicate in a fashion that will not be parsed and debated; however if anyone tries to make it something it is not, they are just looking to find fault.
Today, May 4, 2005, is Maura’s 23rd birthday.

So many of us miss Maura that words are inadequate to describe the depth of the void in our lives. As her birthday comes and goes in the lives of those of us who love her most, this day serves only to escalate the painful reminders that she is gone.

Her family and boyfriend have now endured 449 days of grief, heartache and fear that only the loved ones of others who are missing can possibly comprehend. Believe me, the loss to death of a loved one pales in comparison to the loss of a missing loved one, especially when the circumstances are unknown.

We are living a nightmare. Sleep for many of us is seldom if ever restful. Most often, it eludes us completely. We fight to keep from closing our eyes: unbelievably, our living nightmare is surpassed only by the nightmares and dreams of sleep; our imaginings are even worse than the grim reality that she is gone and that we may never be with her again.

Missing Maura is misery; not knowing where she is or if she is even still with us is agony. All who know our beloved Maura agree with us that she would never willingly worry, let alone hurt so many people by her absence.

Logic and reason tell us that we will never see her again this side of eternity. Yet, our hearts refuse to give up hope. We cannot abandon searching for her. We hear the laughter of the Maura giggle; we picture the Maura smile and dimples; we yearn for her contagious personality. Some days seem unbearable, but with God’s help, we will not surrender to despair.

It helps me to call to mind the look of adoration for my son in her eyes, to reflect on her unique and mature outlook on life, to recall how she looked forward to being a wife and a mother and a nurse – and yes, even an army wife, to recollect how excited she became with the most simple gift or act of kindness, how she was always so positive even when the situation was negative…..her quick wit and sarcastic jibes…. her physical beauty and inner beauty and peace.

Then, the tears and heartache bring me back to reality: We will not have Maura to enjoying a time of celebration with her favorite meal, cake, ice cream and gifts, we are forced instead to relive the worst of our fears and frustrations as we acknowledge that we have not learned anything in 449 days that will help us in knowing what has happened to her or how to bring her home.

I pray that Maura is still of this world. And if she is that she will have the opportunity to read this promise from all of us in Hanson and in Ohio:

Dear Maura, There were those of us that made a promise when you went missing that we would never give up until we brought you home. For your 23rd birthday, we vow once again that we will never stop searching until we do. It is our love for you that drives us. God willing, He will give us answers in His time. If those who say you were running to get away from all of this love are correct, then our only request is that you let us know that you are well. True love isn’t selfish. We only want you happy and our hearts at peace because we love you.

With love,
Big Bill & Sharon (posted on www.MauraMurray.com by Sharon Rausch)

I want to thank several posters for compiling this information.

Mauradwyer
MrsMushy99
So many others

Hi guys,

Maura Murray and Brianna Maitland are both featured this week in the SPOTLIGHT thread....and there's info on another girl missing in Portland, ME here on Websleuths and on Brianna's site...Lynn Moran, Portland, ME last seen Oct. 11th. There is also a new section on Maura's case information.

GK

As always, Prayers for Maura, and her loved ones....

My prayers are that she is safe and well, but reguardless I pray that she is comes home to her loved ones soon.

Prayers for Maura

Gabby

Maura Murray missing nursing student summary of case as I read it:
Maura murray was a nursing student and very able track athelete.
Nursing student Maura murray had a $10,000 car wreck a few days before she disappeared in February in N.H.
Sometime the week before she disappeared young Maura Murray decided something important and it involved
going away for at least several days. She set up an excuse for leaving with her boss at work & her profs at school by saying she had to attend to a death in the family. She searched hotel room availability on her computer in her dorm room. (Wish I knew if she searched singles or doubles rooms.) Those motels were booked up due to mardi gras. She also called someone that owned a condo that had been rented in the past. She also called someone in a dorm room but that person remains unknown. Then before leaving she withdrew almost all her money from her bank account at about 3:40 pm. She packed up the stuff from her room but did not take it all. She did take her school books with her and a book that was a gift from her dad and a pic of her brother. She called her boyfriend on the day she went missing and left a voice mail of her whimpering (according to him.) I don't know if this voice mail content can be verified. Some of the intial news reports said the call showed no upset on her part so I wonder if someones story later changed or if reporting was poor. She stopped at a store & bought quite a bit of liquor and possibly some pain reliever. She then drove off to her destiny as far as we know. The next time she is confirmed to be seen was when she had a 2nd wreck at 7pm or 7:30 pm. Maura is seen and approached by a bus driver on his way home who offers her help which she declines saying she has already called AAA. One news report also states there is no cell coverage in the area but I have not confirmed that to be so. The buss driver was only 100 yards or so from home & so he went eastward to his home. He had trouble getting through to police. His neighbor called police but I don't know how neighbor knew to do that - whether busdriver asked him to or neighbor saw Maura. The police came within 10 minutes & yet Maura was gone when they arrived. Later it is reported someone saw Maura walking or jogging east on the road. And later a dog search is reported to have lost her scent on the road east near the busdrivers house.

Her car had most of the stuff she packed still in it although some booze bottles seem to be missing along with her backpack.

Most of these details can be verified reading the linked news reports from her website at
http://www.mauramurray.com/news.html I will also soon try to post a more detailed look at things which will have linked sources in it.

docwho3 said:
Maura Murray missing nursing student summary of case as I read it:
Maura murray was a nursing student and very able track athelete.
Nursing student Maura murray had a $10,000 car wreck a few days before she disappeared in February in N.H.
Sometime the week before she disappeared young Maura Murray decided something important and it involved
going away for at least several days. She set up an excuse for leaving with her boss at work & her profs at school by saying she had to attend to a death in the family. She searched hotel room availability on her computer in her dorm room. (Wish I knew if she searched singles or doubles rooms.) Those motels were booked up due to mardi gras. She also called someone that owned a condo that had been rented in the past. She also called someone in a dorm room but that person remains unknown. Then before leaving she withdrew almost all her money from her bank account at about 3:40 pm. She packed up the stuff from her room but did not take it all. She did take her school books with her and a book that was a gift from her dad and a pic of her brother. She called her boyfriend on the day she went missing and left a voice mail of her whimpering (according to him.) I don't know if this voice mail content can be verified. Some of the intial news reports said the call showed no upset on her part so I wonder if someones story later changed or if reporting was poor. She stopped at a store & bought quite a bit of liquor and possibly some pain reliever. She then drove off to her destiny as far as we know. The next time she is confirmed to be seen was when she had a 2nd wreck at 7pm or 7:30 pm. Maura is seen and approached by a bus driver on his way home who offers her help which she declines saying she has already called AAA. One news report also states there is no cell coverage in the area but I have not confirmed that to be so. The buss driver was only 100 yards or so from home & so he went eastward to his home. He had trouble getting through to police. His neighbor called police but I don't know how neighbor knew to do that - whether busdriver asked him to or neighbor saw Maura. The police came within 10 minutes & yet Maura was gone when they arrived. Later it is reported someone saw Maura walking or jogging east on the road. And later a dog search is reported to have lost her scent on the road east near the busdrivers house.

Her car had most of the stuff she packed still in it although some booze bottles seem to be missing along with her backpack.

Most of these details can be verified reading the linked news reports from her website at
http://www.mauramurray.com/news.html I will also soon try to post a more detailed look at things which will have linked sources in it.

Hey doc,
I think your a great sleuther! I was wondering if you'd mind taking a peek at the missing but not forgotten thread for Maura? I'd like to know what your take is on the last few posts (about the bus driver)...if you want to that is! Thanks

but left out a few key points:
1. The person who supposedly saw Maura walking/running down the road did not report this info until 3-4 months after Maura went missing-stating he didn't realize the significance(was he hiding under a rock all that time?)
2. That other than this report-by his own admission, the bus driver becomes the last admitted person to see or speak with Maura.
3. That LE returned Maura's personal items to her family WITHOUT doing any forensics-and then turned around and asked for them back for testing after mucho bad publicity about their handling of the case was reported.
4. That a certain segment of LE in NH was being investigated for involvment in a murder and cover-up/and a poster here who stated they were retired from NH LE spoke about the sloppy, slipshod investigation into Maura's case.
5. That from the start-LE was almost fanatically obsessed with insisting that Maura had disappeared voluntarily-and it was only thru the tireless efforts of her family and friends and certain folks here at Websleuths that any real investigating was done at all.

Believe what you will-but I personally believe that there is a sinister, almost pathological mindset in the NH LE community that absolutely refuses to admit that Maura is missing not of her own choosing-and that someone currently or formerly involved in LE or who is well acquainted with the LE in the area is involved-and that Maura may not be the only victim! :twocents:

Bring Maura home!

Marisa714 said:
Hey doc,
I think your a great sleuther! I was wondering if you'd mind taking a peek at the missing but not forgotten thread for Maura? I'd like to know what your take is on the last few posts (about the bus driver)...if you want to that is! Thanks
Thanks for the kind words. Here are a few thoughts:
A post in this thread places her start-trip-time at about 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm (and planethuff at sometime after 3:40)and yet reports also place her in a wrecked car at about 7:30 pm. Now the bus driver might have had opportunity to harm Maura but since reports also hint at another neighbor having spoken to her or at least they called the cops so I can't say for sure that he had unobserved opportunity to do anything unless distance & snow might mask his actions from his neighbor or unless neighbor helped him commit a crime. Makes me wonder though if this was the same neighbor that allegedly complained about searchers on his land and barred his land from them. I have not seen anything to indicate that the busdriver's wife was home at the time but there was mention made of a neighbor being home. Also If busdriver's wife was home why didn't he ask her to go with him to speak to Maura since its reported that his wife later said that she understood that Maura might have felt bad about her husband's large size and so refused his offer of help for that reason. To me that sounds as if she was not there when it happened. I don't know if the police suspected something of him or if they were just being thorough but news reports said that the bus driver was questioned several times.

Question:If Maura had just had a wreck but had no cell phone coverage then would she be willing to sit there in the cold & dark with no real hope of rescue? Or would she perhaps walk towards the bus drivers house or the nearest lit up house looking for someone with a phone? Or might she know someone was already on the way on the same road to meet her at her destination? All this sort of hinges on there not being cell coverage because if she had cell coverage why not call for help? Or did she? At what time were her last few cell calls made? Were any cell calls made after 7 pm?

As yet I have no pet theory. I am still gathering data & asking questions & sometimes offering up thoses questions & thoughts in posts for others to help either confirm or deny or just give opinions of those questions & thoughts so that we might hopefuly help Maura's case be resolved in the best way possible.

gatetrekker44 said:
but left out a few key points:
1. The person who supposedly saw Maura walking/running down the road did not report this info until 3-4 months after Maura went missing-stating he didn't realize the significance(was he hiding under a rock all that time?)
Well I said it was a summary. But if you believe that the bus driver got her as you seem to indicate then whether he picked her up from her car wreck site or whether he picked her up just as she was walking to his house or whether she in fact walked to his front door does not really matter does it? Other than it might prove he lied about the details of his exact encounter with her.
gatetrekker44 said:
2. That other than this report-by his own admission, the bus driver becomes the last admitted person to see or speak with Maura.
Not sure that is correct in light of the neighbor having called police. How did neighbor know to call cops? Did busdriver call up & ask him to? Or did Neighbor also talk to her? Until we know more about neighbor's exact involvement in the situation that night it is hard to draw solid conclusions.
gatetrekker44 said:
3. That LE returned Maura's personal items to her family WITHOUT doing any forensics-and then turned around and asked for them back for testing after mucho bad publicity about their handling of the case was reported.
Yes, I did not mention that as my purpose is not to flame the cops but to try to fit together the pieces to help resolve this case.
gatetrekker44 said:
4. That a certain segment of LE in NH was being investigated for involvment in a murder and cover-up/and a poster here who stated they were retired from NH LE spoke about the sloppy, slipshod investigation into Maura's case.
As I am still gathering data I was not aware of L.E. investigating Maura's case being investigated for murder. That would need to include more than one officer in her case I would think but I am willing to read sources with full details if you post the links.
gatetrekker44 said:
5. That from the start-LE was almost fanatically obsessed with insisting that Maura had disappeared voluntarily-and it was only thru the tireless efforts of her family and friends and certain folks here at Websleuths that any real investigating was done at all.
Given the facts as already stated I can see where people might think Maura planned to leave voluntarily. I think the question in my mind is whether she meant time-off to be permanent or not. At present I am not yet convnced it was intended to be permanent.
gatetrekker44 said:
Believe what you will-but I personally believe that there is a sinister, almost pathological mindset in the NH LE community that absolutely refuses to admit that Maura is missing not of her own choosing-and that someone currently or formerly involved in LE or who is well acquainted with the LE in the area is involved-and that Maura may not be the only victim! :twocents:

Bring Maura home!
I have no pet theory yet. I am still gathering data and asking questions. I am quite willing to look at any linked to data you have on the subject. L.E. might well be involved for all I know. But I also have no real indication yet that L.E. is involved either.

Before you get angry (your last post part sounded angry) you should please realize that any good investigation has to look at all the facts & must also ask questions about everyone & everything.

Posting links to relevant info will do more to convince readers than making statements.

Thank you for your patience.

docwho3 said:
Thanks for the kind words. Here are a few thoughts:
A post in this thread places her start-trip-time at about 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm (and planethuff at sometime after 3:40)and yet reports also place her in a wrecked car at about 7:30 pm. Now the bus driver might have had opportunity to harm Maura but since reports also hint at another neighbor having spoken to her or at least they called the cops so I can't say for sure that he had unobserved opportunity to do anything unless distance & snow might mask his actions from his neighbor or unless neighbor helped him commit a crime. Makes me wonder though if this was the same neighbor that allegedly complained about searchers on his land and barred his land from them. I have not seen anything to indicate that the busdriver's wife was home at the time but there was mention made of a neighbor being home. Also If busdriver's wife was home why didn't he ask her to go with him to speak to Maura since its reported that his wife later said that she understood that Maura might have felt bad about her husband's large size and so refused his offer of help for that reason. To me that sounds as if she was not there when it happened. I don't know if the police suspected something of him or if they were just being thorough but news reports said that the bus driver was questioned several times.

Question:If Maura had just had a wreck but had no cell phone coverage then would she be willing to sit there in the cold & dark with no real hope of rescue? Or would she perhaps walk towards the bus drivers house or the nearest lit up house looking for someone with a phone? Or might she know someone was already on the way on the same road to meet her at her destination? All this sort of hinges on there not being cell coverage because if she had cell coverage why not call for help? Or did she? At what time were her last few cell calls made? Were any cell calls made after 7 pm?

As yet I have no pet theory. I am still gathering data & asking questions & sometimes offering up thoses questions & thoughts in posts for others to help either confirm or deny or just give opinions of those questions & thoughts so that we might hopefuly help Maura's case be resolved in the best way possible.

Thanks for your insight! Her last call was made at:
I also learned that Maura had checked her voice mail from her cell phone at approximately 4:30 PM on Monday, February 9th and that the very last call made from her cell phone was approximately at 1:00 PM on the 9th (both of these times are from memory.) When the cell phone bill arrived in March, we learned that the last call from Maura’s cell phone was to Billy’s cell phone. Billy told me that Maura tried to reach him by phone and sent him one email on Monday, Feb 9th as quoted in the outline.

http://mauramurray.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=163

Also this is of some importance IMO (since you said your still gathering info I wasn't sure if you'd come accross this yet)....I'm gonna post this next bit on another post b/c it's very long!

This is one post as part of a timeline over at Maura's site...I think this a ton of info and it's all in that one timeline!

Call February 11th - Red Cross:
Billy and I both were insistent that the missed call/message to him that morning was from Maura. I had listened to the message. The ‘message’ was very short. It consisted of a very short time of labored breathing (the sound we all make if we have exerted ourselves in very cold weather), two, possibly three very wet sniffs as if someone were crying or had a very bad cold and ended in the middle of a very soft muffled sob. The police played the message through their land line and said that it only sounded like someone humming. Detective Landry with the NH SP finally told us that he traced the call to the Red Cross. Please note that this information was given to us Wednesday evening *after* we had provided information about all of the people and agencies that Bill, Billy and I had talked to since learning of Maura’s disappearance. Per Red Cross: ... routinely she would not call any soldier as it is not necessary to speak to anyone but the parent or spouse making the request and the commanding officer. Also, I have my notes for the information that she requested and feel confident that I never gave her Billy’s cell phone number. The only number that I gave her was my cell phone number and the phone number of Billy’s Commanding Officer at Fort Sill. Of course, she already had my home phone number from the message to the answering service. It is also my opinion that the sounds in the message make absolutely no sense *if* the call was from the Red Cross. Why would the Red Cross not leave a message, or if the other explanation that is to follow is the case, why would a Red Cross Employee/Volunteer make labored breathing, crying sounds while making a professional call? Another reason the NH SP said that it was not reasonable to believe the message came from Maura was that she would have a left a message instead of just sounds. To my way of thinking the main reason that Maura may not have left a message is that Billy frequently has a problem with his phone whereby the caller does not realize that their call has made connection with Billy’s phone. I have called him 2 or 3 times in a row, thinking that my call did not go through. Until we realized this problem just in the last few months since Maura went missing, Billy would always ask why I hung up and called again. If this were the case, then Maura may not have had any other minutes remaining on the calling card or she was in the undesirable position of not being able to place the call again. As to the Red Cross possibility as suggested by NH SP, Billy never received a call or a voice message from them.
2/27/04 - However, Scarinza said that angle has been eliminated because investigators traced the calling card to the American Red Cross officials who had been attempting to contact Bill Rausch.
Caledonian Record 2/27/04

This message is something that really makes me believe that something happened to Maura, it just seems so strange.

Ok I just saw this too! How could they positive the bus driver and neighbors had NOTHING to with this if they didn't even search their property? This really bothers me!

2/27/04 - Scarinza says there is absolutely no evidence foul play has been involved, and that people living in the area of the accident scene have been interviewed several times.

A search of nearby homes by a canine team as well as forensics experts would require a search warrant. And a search warrant would require probable cause. Caledonian Record 2/27/04

Rausch said family members were told by at least one person living near the accident site a man was seen in Maura's car after the accident. Caledonian Record 2/27/04

To marisa714:
Thank you for the help with info.
I have also been reading the info at the web link you gave me. Thx.
It will take me some time to digest it all so don't be surprised If I take a day or two and then suddenly ask more questions.

Without giving out more info than she would like, my wife has had A.M.L. (Accute Myelogenous Leukemia) & is now recovering from a bone marrow transplant. Things have went just fine so far. But I must drive her across half the state & into the next state every other week for a checkup. Tomorrow (Monday) morning we will be going there & so will be gone until late afternoon.
Next time we will probably revert to every other Thursday as thats our normal day.

docwho3 said:
To marisa714:
Thank you for the help with info.
I have also been reading the info at the web link you gave me. Thx.
It will take me some time to digest it all so don't be surprised If I take a day or two and then suddenly ask more questions.

Without giving out more info than she would like, my wife has had A.M.L. (Accute Myelogenous Leukemia) & is now recovering from a bone marrow transplant. Things have went just fine so far. But I must drive her across half the state & into the next state every other week for a checkup. Tomorrow (Monday) morning we will be going there & so will be gone until late afternoon.
Next time we will probably revert to every other Thursday as thats our normal day.

I'm very sorry to hear your wife has AML (or had?) And I'm very happy to hear the bone marrow transplant went well! I will be thinking of the both of you! Hope everything continues to go well. I completely understand if it will take you a few days, I'll be here anyways...I think I always am ;-)
I know the info at the link is a lot to digest, it's hard for me to keep it organized in my mind. I'm very happy your posting here for Maura!

Marisa

Marisa714 said:
I'm very sorry to hear your wife has AML (or had?) And I'm very happy to hear the bone marrow transplant went well! I will be thinking of the both of you! Hope everything continues to go well. I completely understand if it will take you a few days, I'll be here anyways...I think I always am ;-)
I know the info at the link is a lot to digest, it's hard for me to keep it organized in my mind. I'm very happy your posting here for Maura!

Marisa
Had :-)

Things are going well now so far & we hope that continues.

I am hoping that while I digest things some of the super sleuths in the Taylor B. Forum will use their wonderful data gathering & analyzing talents & resources to run background checks, search out more info on everyone involved (including busdriver & neighbor) and generally show off their great skills in solving this soonest. And I mean that as a compliment & not sarcasm to them.

They are some really talented people and I won't mind "eating their dust" - lol.

The main thing is to resolve Maura's case the best way possible.

I really need to go rest for tomorrow but one more little question:

When searching the area after of her disappearance was any tape found, maybe wadded up,such as reflective tape? - not the type that would be used to bind anyone.

docwho3 said:
I really need to go rest for tomorrow but one more little question:

When searching the area after of her disappearance was any tape found, maybe wadded up,such as reflective tape? - not the type that would be used to bind anyone.

Hmm...I'm not sure. I'll see if I can find anything though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fil