NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the ID Discovery show now about the disappearance and murder of Molly Bish in MA -- one of the unofficial suspects Robert Armes moved to NH following the discovery of MB's body in 2003 - where in NH was Robert Armes in Feb 2004? Any possible way he was living near Haverhill?

Nola, I was just watching that show also & was wondering the same thing!

I Map Quested Warren Ma to Woodsville NH....the I91 corridor jumps right out at you.

I still think a cold blooded predator could work the rest stops on that interstate. I think Maura's gas tank was nearly full when the car was found. I think this "predator" who poses no threat at all, "helped" her with her poorly running car at the the last gas station and somehow got around the trunk of her car and stuffed the rag into her tail pipe.

All he has to do then is lag back and wait for the car to stall and "help" again!

I still think a cold blooded predator could work the rest stops on the I91 interstate.

I think Maura's gas tank was nearly full when the car was found. I think this "predator" who poses no threat at all, "helped" her with her poorly running car at the the last gas station and somehow got around the trunk of her car and stuffed the rag into her tail pipe.

All he has to do then is lag back and wait for the car to stall and then "help" again!

Good theory - probably a person who has experience at this sort of abduction. Wonder if there were likely persons living in this area in 2004 with past arrest for "stalking" females driving or walking alone. Any police reports with this type of behavior towards female motorist would be a great place to start.
There are crimes (abduction/murder) in neighboring MA with a potential suspect who moved to NH following the discovery of Molly Bish's body. Did that person live near I91 in 2004?

I don't think this guy is a local of Woodsville, somebody would have said something by now. ie angry ex-girlfriend etc.

I think this is an experienced loner type guy who does what he does by himself.

Nola lets hope LE developed the type of leads you talked about. Maybe they have a few suspects and they just need that one more piece of evidence to tie him to the abduction.

I am curious as to what leads the state police said they were following a month or so ago...have not seen anything since and was hoping they had a break? i have done some searches but nothnig new came up and it made me wonder if they said that only because there was increased interest and pressure from when this show was prepared for airing...

There is a UMASS Amherst forum (link attached) where one contributor spoke about evidence that may be associated with MM case.
http://www.topix.net/forum/city/amherst-ma/T6Q4IR42UNQUA3TI9

Here's what he wrote. Not sure if this is what is being investigated, but it could be.

matthew
Lincoln, NH
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#11Feb 9, 2010

I was hunting 7.8 miles from the site of the car crash of Maura and found cloths with duct tape with hair in the tape. I called the state police they said they would call me back. Then 4 days they called me and wanted me to show them where the cloths were since the first call to the police it snowed but we found them and never heard nothing else.

MMMwebsite
South Weymouth, MA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#12Feb 9, 2010

matthew wrote:
I was hunting 7.8 miles from the site of the car crash of Maura and found cloths with duct tape with hair in the tape. I called the state police they said they would call me back. Then 4 days they called me and wanted me to show them where the cloths were since the first call to the police it snowed but we found them and never heard nothing else.
Matthew, please contact me at Admin(@)MauraMurrayMissing.com

There have been no updates on that thread since the Feb 9, 2010 post.

Watching the ID Discovery show now about the disappearance and murder of Molly Bish in MA -- one of the unofficial suspects Robert Armes moved to NH following the discovery of MB's body in 2003 - where in NH was Robert Armes in Feb 2004? Any possible way he was living near Haverhill?

The last I heard about the Bish case, a woman had contacted LE to say that her brother-in-law, who murdered her sister in a very brutal fashion, had lived in the area where Molly was killed, frequented the pond and the woods nearby, drove the same make and color car that Molly's mother saw, and is a dead-on ringer to the person in the wanted poster. What become of that, I don't know. That doesn't mean that this guy was guilty of Molly's murder, but it might mean that Armes had nothing to do with that case.

Nola, I was just watching that show also & was wondering the same thing!

I Map Quested Warren Ma to Woodsville NH....the I91 corridor jumps right out at you.

Eerie, isn't it? My skin is crawling!

For those of you who missed it, the Investigation Discovery Channel is featuring Maura Murray is available on-Demand from Charter Cable. The title of the show is Disappeared: Miles to Nowhere.

The show was very informative and worth watching.

I think Maura didn't know that anyone called the police (the bus driver and the Westmans). I believe her goal that night, after she wrecked her car on Rt. 112, was to find a way to get a call out to AAA. She was probably trying to get a phone signal somehow and/or find a way to get to a public establishment to use their land line. I think her intentions were to get back to the car, after she got a call out to AAA.

I also believe that the rag in the tailpipe was stuck there as a warning flag, because the rear end of the vehicle was sticking out into the narrow road.

I just spent a couple hour reading about this case. While there are many questions about what she was doing, why there was a wreck, and what happened directly after the car wreck, I am convinced that she met with foul-play. There is so much pointing to someone picking her up and doing something to her. This is not the only mysterious disappearance or murder in this general area. My opinion, I think that she became the victim of a serial killer active in the area. This may explain why the case has been handed over to state LE and the all LE are tight lipped with information.

I wonder if anyone in the area remembers a person, who suddenly had bottles of alcohol, which they usually don't buy. For example: A known beer drinker, offering vodka to friends. Even giving a bottle away as a gift. If a predator got her, he may have kept the alcohol.

I just spent a couple hour reading about this case. While there are many questions about what she was doing, why there was a wreck, and what happened directly after the car wreck, I am convinced that she met with foul-play. There is so much pointing to someone picking her up and doing something to her. This is not the only mysterious disappearance or murder in this general area. My opinion, I think that she became the victim of a serial killer active in the area. This may explain why the case has been handed over to state LE and the all LE are tight lipped with information.

I agree. Someone, who seemed friendly and trustworthy, may have stopped and offered her a ride to find a phone. She may have took the risk, because she was also cold. Although, there is a chance she was hit by car or had accidently fallen off the road, because it is pitch black at night in that area. I believe there are no street lights there and it is sparsely populated.

Here is something which is very interesting! Scroll down to the Maura Murray blog entry.

http://aboutamherst.blogspot.com/

Here is an excerpt:

"The person I have talked to with the closest connection to the case believes she was heading to the White Mountains, where she had spent a lot of time with family, to die, because she had a lot of things that were bothering her. He thinks she was successful and that her body may not be found for a long time if ever because the woods are very dense there. Some of the posters on the forum, who say they were classmates of Maura's, offer information that would seem to support that theory.

One says Murray was struggling with bulimia and was known to be involved in credit card fraud to support her binge-eating compulsion. Another says she had been expelled from West Point, which she had been attending before transferring to UMass, for the same reason. The car accident might have been the last straw for her, some of the posters suggest. There is also ongoing speculation that she was involved in a hit-and-run accident on Triangle Street the week before she disappeared."

I believe Maura was emotional---not suicidal. Why bother locking the car after leaving the scene of the accident?

I believe Maura was emotional---not suicidal. Why bother locking the car after leaving the scene of the accident?

I agree, from what I read I do not think she took her own life. I think that she got into an accident at the wrong place and the wrong time.

I read something last night about a man who gave Maura’s father a bloody knife. Her father turned it in to LE and has heard nothing about it. In addition LE will not respond to his requests for information.

The article also talked about the fact that State investigators held a news conference to let everyone know that Maura is not a victim of a serial killer and that they feel that she left on her own and does not want to be found. A month later State LE showed up on her sister’s doorstep and confiscated all of the belongings that were in her car and the car.

They claimed that the case was handed over to State LE because someone taking another look at the case may yield additional information. Again no news and Maura’s father is getting nowhere with LE.

If you ask me, LE thinks that they have an unsolved murder. They may even think that they have an unsolved murder related to other murders in the state, maybe a working serial in the state?

I agree, from what I read I do not think she took her own life. I think that she got into an accident at the wrong place and the wrong time.

I read something last night about a man who gave Maura’s father a bloody knife. Her father turned it in to LE and has heard nothing about it. In addition LE will not respond to his requests for information.

The article also talked about the fact that State investigators held a news conference to let everyone know that Maura is not a victim of a serial killer and that they feel that she left on her own and does not want to be found. A month later State LE showed up on her sister’s doorstep and confiscated all of the belongings that were in her car and the car.

I believe the police had to rethink it, because they were not certain she wanted to leave her family, friends and life behind. There were possible clues (school books) in her car indicating a possible return to school. In fact, the police need to be certain that she wasn't taken by a predator. If there is a killer out there, he may do it again and again.

Does anyone know if the road was completely covered with snow or if it had cleared lanes with snow on the shoulder? She could have ran in the center, until she saw headlights ahead or heard cars approaching from behind.

AGREED! Not only that but an accident report was found in her car that she had gotten to fill out from the accident she had a couple of days before in her fathers car. And who brings their school books to a suicide destination (books also found in her car)?

also

I have a HUGE dispute with these supposed reports about her being bulemic and expelled from West Point for credit card fraud. First off, I have a lot of personal ties with people that went to WP with Maura (heck, I married one). She wasn't expelled for credit card fraud. She left because she decided that is not what she wanted to do and was running out of time to make that decision to Leave WP without having to pay WP back the money for her education received.
Geez, I changed my major atleast 4 times in college, even switching schools to do so. I didn't know what I wanted to do. Neither did she when she entered WP. Her older sister went there and she just sort of followed, knowing that she had until the end of her sophmore year to decide before she would owe anything.
I'm sure that as her relationship with her boyfriend deepened, she also realized how hard it would be for both of them to be military. I know a lot of married couples who are both soldiers, and let me tell ya it's not easy for anyone.
As for bulemia. While I cannot say for certain as I didn't know her personally... I would think that you would have to be pretty far into bulemia to embark on a credit fraud expedition. It's laughable because to be that far into bulemia, you would probably have been doing it for awhile. After not too long, bulemia will NOT enable you to be physically fit. You are literally cutting off your bodies access to the nutrition it needs to be strong and healthy. She was an athlete, and a REALLY good one. Not to mention her teeth. Repeated vomiting destroys your teeth. If you look at the most recent pictures of Maura (or any for that matter), she had gorgeous teeth with no signs of weakening or erosion. It also shows up in your hair and skin tone in a very short period of time. Her hair is full and very healthy looking. Her skin tone is gorgeous with very few blemishes.
This is a girl who took care very good care of herself.

Thank you, armywife. Those blog entries infuriated me, and I don't even know Maura. It's like, "Here are half a dozen unproven reasons why she might have killed herself." I agree about the bulimia; there are no physical signs of a serious or advanced case. She might have had a borderline anorexia. That's a common theme among professional dancers, distance runners, etc. But advanced eating disorders are attempts to control life, not deliberate attempts to end it. And regard to bulimia, you can eat a lot of food for very little money. Obesity is common in low socio-economic brackets. So I don't see this elaborate scenario.

Yeah,right-- she drags her school books on a trip in order to kill herself after dark in a strange place. While she might have known the spot that was her intended destination, she certainly didn't know the dark and somewhat deserted road on which her car was found. And she still managed to kill herself deep in the forest, even though she didn't have a car and the scent trail ended in the middle of the road, and she was toting alcohol on the walk instead of beloved valuables. None of that stuff is ever found. SHEESH.

There's no record that she ever stayed in a motel or hotel in the area. No one has come forward to say that they gave her a ride or a place to stay. So either she walked all night in the dark, met with some accident, or met another person (either friend or foe) who was involved in her disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lotsofelbowd