NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bolding:
In another interview her sister stated that Maura Murray wasn't getting along with the boyfriend. The father has since asked the boyfriend to get on with his life and not get involved with the case. The boyfriends mother stated the relationship had no problems and was going fine.

fallon, how do you know Maura's father asked her boyfriend to not get involved with the case? I'm not doubting but I have been following this case since the start and I never read that.

Mrs. Rausch responded to an e-mail request to interview her son saying: "Billy is out of town on a job interview. However, even upon his return, he has decided that he does not want to comment. I agree with Fred (Murray) about Billy getting on with his life.' I know that each time (Billy) becomes actively involved with the media that it truly re-opens his intense heartache from Maura's missing.

"If Fred ever wants/needs Billy's input, he will be glad to participate, but until then, he wants to remain out of the picture."

Source: http://s2.excoboard.com/Courthouse_Steps_Mavens/122775/813516

Neil

By the way how many of you have found a missing person since you seem to know more than the average Joe? I believe that answer would be 0.

Neil

Perhaps my line about most of us being experienced with cases (thus implying you weren't) was out of line but people on Websleuths have assisted in hundreds of cases and in some cases, yes, have made matches between UIDs and missing persons or helped locate a missing person.

For those who might be somewhat new to this case and/or have only read what is here on the WS threads, the link below has an exceptional amount of information on this case and really fills in a lot of the questions regarding what the family and friends have done since the very beginning of this case.

http://www.mauramurraymissing.com/

For those who might be somewhat new to this case and/or have only read what is here on the WS threads, the link below has an exceptional amount of information on this case and really fills in a lot of the questions regarding what the family and friends have done since the very beginning of this case.

http://www.mauramurraymissing.com/

I have read that entire site and neither the family nor the police have exhausted their resources for finding Maura Murray.

Maura Murray was working towards becoming a nurse. She more than likely would have had what is called a CNA to work as a nurses aide during her training. The CNA is registered in a national database. It doesn't seem that anyone has bothered to check and see if she was CNA certified and if the certification was used to get a job. Also was she certified by the red cross in cpr and first aide. Did she have her EMT license. These are all areas that should be explored.

To find Maura Murray you have to treat it like she is a bail jumper and take that route. Use the bounty hunter mentality.

There is no central database of verified facts for this case. There are just reports and time lines scattered throughout the net. A central database repository would have allowed the family, friends, witnesses, and anyone else that had a verifiable fact to enter it into the database. This would have alleviated all of the duplicate information that was out there and a lot of the garbage that you wade through when looking at this disappearance.

Fred Murray says that he wants the information that the police have so that he can go back to the beginning and put this all together. What he needs to do is setup a database with the facts that are verifiable and then ask the police to fill in anything that he might have missed or that they find inconsistent within in his database. If someone such as the UMass friend had told a lie he would be able to confront the person and find out what was really going on.

Neil

I have read that entire site and neither the family nor the police have exhausted their resources for finding Maura Murray.

Maura Murray was working towards becoming a nurse. She more than likely would have had what is called a CNA to work as a nurses aide during her training. The CNA is registered in a national database. It doesn't seem that anyone has bothered to check and see if she was CNA certified and if the certification was used to get a job. Also was she certified by the red cross in cpr and first aide. Did she have her EMT license. These are all areas that should be explored.

To find Maura Murray you have to treat it like she is a bail jumper and take that route. Use the bounty hunter mentality.

There is no central database of verified facts for this case. There are just reports and time lines scattered throughout the net. A central database repository would have allowed the family, friends, witnesses, and anyone else that had a verifiable fact to enter it into the database. This would have alleviated all of the duplicate information that was out there and a lot of the garbage that you wade through when looking at this disappearance.

Fred Murray says that he wants the information that the police have so that he can go back to the beginning and put this all together. What he needs to do is setup a database with the facts that are verifiable and then ask the police to fill in anything that he might have missed or that they find inconsistent within in his database. If someone such as the UMass friend had told a lie he would be able to confront the person and find out what was really going on.

Neil

No offense intended, but none of us here could ever possibly accurately state that the family has not exhausted their resources. We do not have access to their financial records nor to a measurement of their emotional well being. If you review the rules of this website (WS), I believe you will find in numerous places that we here SUPPORT FAMILIES OF VICTIMS, and do not bash them or their efforts to find their loved ones. Maura's father has done amazing and almost super-human things in the efforts to find his daughter. Other family members have also, along with the family of the boy friend.

FWIW.....she did NOT have an EMT license, and certifications in CPR and First Aid must be renewed annually, and therefore any use of her name to do so, any paychecks issued using her SSN, etc. would have been alerted to from LE checks or those done by the PI(s) who have worked on this case.

Fascinating and new (for me) insights into Maura's case. Just wanted to add, as an aside, a number of folks here have solved cases. We might be volunteers, but we're voluntarily devoting our time and energy here for a reason -- and it isn't for a paycheck.

If Maura really did jump ship and went to Canada -- that might explain why no one has recognized her as being missing.

What about the man in the bus who spoke to her -- did he see another car in the vicinity?

Pardon my ignorance about this case -- was the man a bus driver? Did he live nearby? Wasn't he the last one to see Maura alive?

By the way how many of you have found a missing person since you seem to know more than the average Joe? I believe that answer would be 0.

Neil

Actually, I'm fairly new on Websleuths and I've seen it happen once already. Pretty amazing. Based on postings, sleuthing, Google maps, etc., someone went out to a pond and found a car antenna ticking up thru the ice. LE had missed it.

Surely she wouldn't have done that if she was planning to commit suicide? I think she was taken from the scene of the crash by someone who then did her harm.

No offense intended, but none of us here could ever possibly accurately state that the family has not exhausted their resources. We do not have access to their financial records nor to a measurement of their emotional well being. If you review the rules of this website (WS), I believe you will find in numerous places that we here SUPPORT FAMILIES OF VICTIMS, and do not bash them or their efforts to find their loved ones. Maura's father has done amazing and almost super-human things in the efforts to find his daughter. Other family members have also, along with the family of the boy friend.

FWIW.....she did NOT have an EMT license, and certifications in CPR and First Aid must be renewed annually, and therefore any use of her name to do so, any paychecks issued using her SSN, etc. would have been alerted to from LE checks or those done by the PI(s) who have worked on this case.

Bashing and asking questions that hurt are two different things. If you want answers you have to ask questions that are often hard and hurtful. If you don't want the answers then you just sit back and agree with everything that is and has been done. Perhaps the forums should be named support for the families of the missing instead of websleuths.com

Neil

I'm a retired computer programmer. I'll sit down this week and throw together an Access database with all of the facts and then upload it here. Perhaps there will be things in it that may have been missed.

Neil

Pardon my ignorance about this case -- was the man a bus driver? Did he live nearby? Wasn't he the last one to see Maura alive?

The bus driver was the last one to speak to Maura Murray. A couple that lived diagonally across the street also watched the accident from their windows and called the police.

Neil

Neil

You know what, Neil? I don't agree with your theory but I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt as I like to keep an open mind and you have certainly added thoughtful contributions to this thread.

However, your post above is not only glaring rude, but way offbase. You can share your theories without being dismissive and rude to the many people who have worked hard on Maura's case.

:applause:

You know what, Neil? I don't agree with your theory but I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt as I like to keep an open mind and you have certainly added thoughtful contributions to this thread.

However, your post above is not only glaring rude, but way offbase. You can share your theories without being dismissive and rude to the many people who have worked hard on Maura's case.

I have worked as an Auto insurance adjuster and I have investigated many accidents and this one raise a few question but I am not inclined to judge that there is anything "hinkey" or staged about it.

According to the police report, evidence indicated that she was heading east, lost control and ran into some trees. She then spun around and ended up in a snowbank facing the wrong way. The damage is not consistent with hitting a straight tree trunk. It appears she hit a very solid object that projected out about 2 feet high so that the bumper slid under the object without hitting it. The area of impact was small and the damage suggests an edge; possibly a square shaped post hit right on the corner. Some have speculated a trailer hitch.

The police report indicates that the vehicle went off the right side of the road (there are tire marks) yet the damage was on the left side of the vehicle. This is unusual but hardly impossible. It only would mean that the first object the vehicle encountered was closer to the road than the right side of the vehicle. (Usually, you would expect the right side of the vehicle to encounter the first object). The police report does not address this issue, nor the strange trajectory the vehicle traveled after the impact. Vehicles skidding on ice can resemble pinballs as they ricochet off other objects. Apparently the officer was satisfied as to what happened.

Except for the unusual aspects of the accident scene, there in nothing to suggest any staging. We know there was an impact because Faith Westman heard a loud thump. She looked out and saw the vehicle facing west. There was no one else at the scene. There was no indication that Maura or anyone else was engaged in moving the vehicle into an "arranged" position. This would certainly be a bad place to stage an accident as there was housing around and people were likely to see them. Why not drive a mile down the road where there were no houses? The final argument against staging an accident is simply that it would serve no purpose. If the intent was to make it appear that Maura had been abducted, what is the point of an accident?

My own suspicion is that she took off on foot east on 112 to avoid a DUI when the police turned up. She probably hid in the shadows every time another car passed. That is why no one saw her. Rick Forcier probably saw her 4 or 5 miles down the road a little later. After that; a big question. She could have been overcome by hypothermia at some point and sought shelter in the undergrowth where she died. It could have been anywhere before she reached Woodstock. There is the chance she met up with a predator somewhere along that road but there was little traffic so it is statically unlikely. She could have committed suicide by deliberately subjecting herself to exposure; perhaps where she hoped her body would not be found. There is always the chance she just did a walk-off. If she did, she had little money or other resources to start a new life. Stranger things have happened.

My own suspicion is that she took off on foot east on 112 to avoid a DUI when the police turned up. She probably hid in the shadows every time another car passed. That is why no one saw her. Rick Forcier probably saw her 4 or 5 miles down the road a little later. After that; a big question. She could have been overcome by hypothermia at some point and sought shelter in the undergrowth where she died. It could have been anywhere before she reached Woodstock. There is the chance she met up with a predator somewhere along that road but there was little traffic so it is statically unlikely. She could have committed suicide by deliberately subjecting herself to exposure; perhaps where she hoped her body would not be found. There is always the chance she just did a walk-off. If she did, she had little money or other resources to start a new life. Stranger things have happened.

I agree that she may have tried to hide in the shadows when cars passed, along with trying to hide from police, I think she knew she was vulnerable to creeps. Any woman would realize that they are vulnerable in that situation. The exception may be that she was desperate and very cold. In other words, she may have taken a big chance and knew it, when a motorist pulled over and offered help. I do think it is very possible she died of exposure. If she had run, she could have sweat, which could lead to hypothermia. I don't think she was properly dressed for hours spent outdoors in February.

I think your explanation is the most plausible one I've ever heard about this case, kemo. I forget how thoroughly they searched those woods though.

I've seen cases where grounds have been searched over and over and nothing was found. Then, one day, someone is "turtle hunting," or there are kids playing in a field, or a a hunter is in the woods and then whoa, they stumble across someone's remains. And this has occurred in spite of people, dogs, detectives, helicopters, etc. searching. Sometimes the remains are very close to a crime scene/place last seen, and I think, "geez, why wasn't this person found sooner?" Makes me also wonder how many peoples' final resting place is within their car at the bottom of a river, or in a remote corner of a forest, or buried beneath a building/highway/house. Just thoughts.

Unless they thought that she did something so bad that her father would wish she was dead or disown her.

Brothers and sisters normally keep things from the parents that another sibling has done.

I doubt they would keep any secrets, after Maura has disappeared for 6 years, especially anything that would explain why she is missing. It just doesn't ring true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay