NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anything been brought up about the skull,of. A white female, that was found in danby, VT. ?

My guess is that they are still checking it out. I'm doubtful that it is Maura. There are a few missing women in that area, so it is more likely one of them. I have a hunch, it is the endangered runaway, who has been missing since the early 90s. She only lived 20 minutes away. Only time will tell. Hopefully, a family will get answers from this.

Just something to throw out there for discussion.

About three months ago my mother was invovled in a wreck in which she slammed into some kind of oil rig with her car.

Bottom line is the air bag was deployed SHE DID NOT HIT her head on the windshield yet the force of the airbag deploying caused a huge spidercrack in the windshield.

I am wondering if Maura really did hit her head that night or if the damage to her windshield came from the air bag.

I remembersthat kIds left school very upset,
Withdrew out her money and had been calling Burlington, VT hotels the night before her departure. She also had a serviceman boyfriend due home to se her soon. Is there a possibility that she either had an affair or she was raped and became pregnant. Burlington has a respected planned
Parent.hood which,given the alcohol ay have been her first intention. If she changedh
Her mind, there's also a long respected institution, called the Elizabeth lund home, that sl help young his with expenses un the baby is born. Then they help the mother decide to give their child up for adoption or keep them. I k.ow her family was strongly attached to her boyfriend. My hope is that she kept.the child a and is living in Canada with the love of her life.

Just something to throw out there for discussion.

About three months ago my mother was invovled in a wreck in which she slammed into some kind of oil rig with her car.

Bottom line is the air bag was deployed SHE DID NOT HIT her head on the windshield yet the force of the airbag deploying caused a huge spidercrack in the windshield.

I am wondering if Maura really did hit her head that night or if the damage to her windshield came from the air bag.

Sounds right. I recall having a discussion with someone who had gone through something similar. Their airbag caused a crack in their windshield too, so it is quite possible Maura didn't hit her head and the airbag caused the crack.

I remembersthat kIds left school very upset,
Withdrew out her money and had been calling Burlington, VT hotels the night before her departure. She also had a serviceman boyfriend due home to se her soon. Is there a possibility that she either had an affair or she was raped and became pregnant. Burlington has a respected planned
Parent.hood which,given the alcohol ay have been her first intention. If she changedh
Her mind, there's also a long respected institution, called the Elizabeth lund home, that sl help young his with expenses un the baby is born. Then they help the mother decide to give their child up for adoption or keep them. I k.ow her family was strongly attached to her boyfriend. My hope is that she kept.the child a and is living in Canada with the love of her life.

In my opinion, she didn't have another boyfriend at the time.

So what do youse guyse all think about Mr112Dirtbag's sudden leap to fame? (The link that SuziQ posted earlier)

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...urface-in-maura-murray-investigation-20120220

It's my opinion that the new publicity will lead to the video maker's arrest for obstruction. I just can't imagine LE letting it go, now that it's progressed this far. I can't recall what case it was, perhaps Tara Grinstead?...where a video was posted on YouTube, and the man claimed to have killed several people..but now that I think about it, that was different. He claimed to have been the perp....

I still have a gut feeling that LE is going to arrest this guy for obstruction. MOO, and all that jazz.

In my opinion, she didn't have another boyfriend at the time.

I concur. In my opinion, Maura had some issues going on in her life when she disappeared - many, many do at her age, and it was nothing she should be castigated over - and those issues were taking up a lot of her time and thoughts (just MOO). I think that another boyfriend was something she didn't have time for: Work, school, stress, and her actual boyfriend would be time-consuming.

I don't think she had another boyfriend, or at least one she was planning to meet in NH or VT that night. I think she was just having a bit of a meltdown (common at that age) and needed to get away and clear her head. I also think that it's pretty likely she was bulimic and wanted to have an extended binge/purge session without interruption because she was upset about a bunch of things, including all the damage to her father's car. That's why I think she took off alone. Hard to get enough privacy for a big binge session in the dorm usually, even if you have a private room. I think she also planned to enjoy some scenery during the day(s) and try to calm down and get her head cleared.

I don't think she had another boyfriend, or at least one she was planning to meet in NH or VT that night. I think she was just having a bit of a meltdown (common at that age) and needed to get away and clear her head. I also think that it's pretty likely she was bulimic and wanted to have an extended binge/purge session without interruption because she was upset about a bunch of things, including all the damage to her father's car. That's why I think she took off alone. Hard to get enough privacy for a big binge session in the dorm usually, even if you have a private room. I think she also planned to enjoy some scenery during the day(s) and try to calm down and get her head cleared.

Just wondered what makes you think that she was bulimic?

I agree with your line of thinking. I'd like to add that she couldn't chill out at school, because she had daily responsibilities there. I don't think she was in the mindset to be able to concentrate on them at the time, so leaving campus was her only option. At least, that is what I think she was thinking. JMO

So what do youse guyse all think about Mr112Dirtbag's sudden leap to fame? (The link that SuziQ posted earlier)

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...urface-in-maura-murray-investigation-20120220

It's my opinion that the new publicity will lead to the video maker's arrest for obstruction. I just can't imagine LE letting it go, now that it's progressed this far. I can't recall what case it was, perhaps Tara Grinstead?...where a video was posted on YouTube, and the man claimed to have killed several people..but now that I think about it, that was different. He claimed to have been the perp....

I still have a gut feeling that LE is going to arrest this guy for obstruction. MOO, and all that jazz.

I hope they at least check him out. He may just be mentally ill, but as we all know, some of the mentally ill have been known to be violent from time to time. The video with Brenton Woods x- country pass dated Feb. 11, 2004 is of concern to me.

In his latest video, dirtbag links to a Topix discussion on MM that he started which basically lays out his "theories" on the case, which are totally out-there and absurd, with the more sane parts being stuff that's already been theorized by others countless times. I think he's just a disturbed, strange man with a fixation on this case and not much more. I do think he should be checked out fully anyway if he hasn't already been -- though I also think Fred Murray's dismissive response to the dirtbag's videos make it clear LE knows he's (relatively) harmless and not some sort of suspect.

Just wondered what makes you think that she was bulimic?

The stolen credit card number with which all she did was order pizzas - that screams "bulimia" to me. She also drank quite a bit by some accounts and bulimia and alcohol abuse are often co-morbid. She's in the right demographic, she's a high achiever. I obviously can't know for sure, but it fits her behavior and it helps explain the trip. I would bet that she was.

I've asked this before, and I'm sorry, but after rewatching Disappeared I'm still confused. Does Maura's name rhyme with "Laura/Flora" or "Lara/Zhara"? Thank you!

I've asked this before, and I'm sorry, but after rewatching Disappeared I'm still confused. Does Maura's name rhyme with "Laura/Flora" or "Lara/Zhara"? Thank you!

I believe it's Maura as in More-a (rhyming with Laura)...

I've been reading back through previous threads and there were a couple posters, Peabody and ArmyWife210 who were insiders. It seems from what I've read that they both became frustrated and burned out by having the same arguments over and over. I can totally imagine myself feeling the same way. Still, I wish they would come back.

I wish I could ask them what they think of what Renner has supposedly unearthed. For example, does the family now believe that Maura was in trouble for credit card fraud? I imagine that would come as a total shock, but do they feel like there is credible evidence now, even if they think it was totally at odds with what they would have previously believed?

Until Renner posted some supposed evidence, I had never heard the rumor that MM had stolen the credit card number and ordered junk food with it (something that in my mind would point toward bulimia), but at least a couple years ago, ArmyWife210 posted that she didn't believe that MM was asked to leave the USMA for an honor code violation and that she did not believe that there was any bulimia. What was the source of the bulimia and credit card fraud rumors before the evidence (or "evidence" - I am now not sure which) that Renner uncovered through his FOIA request?

Is there doubt about the authenticity of the documents that Renner has supposedly uncovered? I think most of his theories are way out there bordering on ridiculous (MM is in Ireland, MM is managing a Curves in Canada, MM had a secret lover who helped her stage the accident), but I had pretty much believed that he had the documents that he said he had, including the documentation of the credit card fraud.

I am also quite intrigued by posts by Peabody and ArmyWife210 saying that MM actually had most likely not yet unpacked her room, rather than having just packed up her room prior to taking off for NH. If the boxes were not yet unpacked, that would take away one of the last nagging bits of evidence in my mind for the idea that MM may have intended to leave UMass before finishing out the semester. It hadn't really occurred to me before reading their posts, but I was a student at one of the other colleges in Amherst, and it's true that the schools in the five college system (of which Umass is one) did not start until very late in January, so if she had been busy on the first couple weekends, she could have just decided not to unpack her things until she had time to do it properly. When I was a student, we were encourage to empty out our rooms over winter break because it was very long (a couple months) and because there was little dorm security. I think my first year I was actually required to remove everything if memory serves.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I do not have any connection at all to the case other than as an interested observer. I don't think any one theory fits the evidence perfectly, but the idea that MM intended to leave permanently (whether it was to run away or commit suicide) just doesn't ring true for me. I believe that most of the evidence points to someone who intended to leave for a few days to sort things out and encountered the unexpected.

The bulimia angle is interesting. Maura was a big track and field runner, if I remember correctly, so it's possible she was quite concerned about her weight.

I am absolutely convinced she had a very serious drinking problem, if she wasn't already an outright alcoholic. Didn't she wreck her father's car after being at a party? Then all the alcohol she bought before taking the trip that was found in her car after the second accident. She'd been drinking while driving, too. I think she was moderately drunk when the accident occurred and, remembering the earlier accident, became quite concerned about the arrival of the police. They would've smelled the alcohol and found the booze in the car, and Maura quite likely would've went to jail on a DUI charge. Family and friends would learn about her drinking problem, and that would shatter the image Maura wanted to project about herself. She took off on foot to get away from the accident. Throw in a possible head injury from the accident coupled with drinking and I think it highly likely she got confused and wandered off into the woods. She got lost and died from exposure. It's possible someone might stumble over her bones out there some day.

There's the issue of the phone call to the boyfriend sometime later, but I've never seen absolute confirmation that the call came from Maura.

I've been reading back through previous threads and there were a couple posters, Peabody and ArmyWife210 who were insiders. It seems from what I've read that they both became frustrated and burned out by having the same arguments over and over. I can totally imagine myself feeling the same way. Still, I wish they would come back.

I wish I could ask them what they think of what Renner has supposedly unearthed. For example, does the family now believe that Maura was in trouble for credit card fraud? I imagine that would come as a total shock, but do they feel like there is credible evidence now, even if they think it was totally at odds with what they would have previously believed?

Until Renner posted some supposed evidence, I had never heard the rumor that MM had stolen the credit card number and ordered junk food with it (something that in my mind would point toward bulimia), but at least a couple years ago, ArmyWife210 posted that she didn't believe that MM was asked to leave the USMA for an honor code violation and that she did not believe that there was any bulimia. What was the source of the bulimia and credit card fraud rumors before the evidence (or "evidence" - I am now not sure which) that Renner uncovered through his FOIA request?

Is there doubt about the authenticity of the documents that Renner has supposedly uncovered? I think most of his theories are way out there bordering on ridiculous (MM is in Ireland, MM is managing a Curves in Canada, MM had a secret lover who helped her stage the accident), but I had pretty much believed that he had the documents that he said he had, including the documentation of the credit card fraud.

I am also quite intrigued by posts by Peabody and ArmyWife210 saying that MM actually had most likely not yet unpacked her room, rather than having just packed up her room prior to taking off for NH. If the boxes were not yet unpacked, that would take away one of the last nagging bits of evidence in my mind for the idea that MM may have intended to leave UMass before finishing out the semester. It hadn't really occurred to me before reading their posts, but I was a student at one of the other colleges in Amherst, and it's true that the schools in the five college system (of which Umass is one) did not start until very late in January, so if she had been busy on the first couple weekends, she could have just decided not to unpack her things until she had time to do it properly. When I was a student, we were encourage to empty out our rooms over winter break because it was very long (a couple months) and because there was little dorm security. I think my first year I was actually required to remove everything if memory serves.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I do not have any connection at all to the case other than as an interested observer. I don't think any one theory fits the evidence perfectly, but the idea that MM intended to leave permanently (whether it was to run away or commit suicide) just doesn't ring true for me. I believe that most of the evidence points to someone who intended to leave for a few days to sort things out and encountered the unexpected.

I have never believed the bit about maura just never having unpacked her dorm from christmas break. She was back a full two weeks since the break and her bed had boxes stacked on top of one another with a note on top to boot. She had all the art down from the wall and all her drawers had been cleaned out and were empty.

Where did she sleep (for the two weeks she was back on campus) if she hadn't unpacked yet and just left boxes stacked up on her bed?

Well, if she hadn't unpacked, you wouldn't expect things on the walls, but if they were indeed stacked on the bed, I agree, that would certainly make the "hadn't unpacked" theory unlikely. But I've seen the "note on the boxes" idea disputed and do we know for sure where the boxes were stacked? All it takes is one reporter misunderstanding or misreporting and the media reflecting hall of mirrors has a way of magnifying misinformation and making it seem like established fact. I don't know either way, but I'm interested in understanding how good the evidence is for the note and the location of the boxes.

Bolded by me.

The credit card issue seems likely to me. In fact, didn't Renner post one of the stolen receipts? Over a year ago, I came upon a couple of comments on different forums. One was supposedly from a student at Amherst, who knew of Maura. Her friends lived on the same floor in Maura's dorm. One lived next to Maura's room. She talked about the credit card issue and the possibility of Maura suffering from Bulimia. The post seemed genuine. She came forward to dispell the other comments and theories that seemed way off to her. I kept her comment about the credit card receipts and bulimia in the back of my mind, until there was more evidence. When Renner posted the credit card numbers theft and what was bought with the credit (food), It started to ring true to me. Although, I still think the bulimia has not been proven entirely. However, I think it is possible Maura's secret was bulimia. It is not something she would want to advertise to anyone, including friends and family. Most likely, she suffered alone. Sometimes, people around someone with an eating disorder do figure it out or suspect it, especially if they had an issue with it or a close friend had the same issue. They recognize the pattern. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member