NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is a bit off topic but from what I have followed from this case, When I get into a mess like a fender bender or something a lot of times I feel like I just have to walk and blow off some steam. Im sure she was upset plus the alcohol, I really think she just wandered into the woods got lost and the exposure got her. I like that people have all of these theories on this and that but the fact remains they Murray's lost their little girl that night. It is such a sad case, no clues, nothing to go on. My heart goes out to her father he has worked so hard to try to find the truth. Such a sad situation.

This will be my final Maura Murray post.

Evidently a certain fiction writer named James Renner AKA Gnomony ...

How well do you check your facts?

I'm gnomony. I'm not James Renner. My guess is that I'm roughly twice Renner's age. I met him for the first time in April when he was doing research in my neck of the woods. We had breakfast at a diner and drove around to a couple of addresses he wanted to check in a nearby town I know fairly well. Doubt that we'll ever meet again, but I wish him success in his efforts.

I wish you success in yours, too...

:bump: for Maura . . . her 31st birthday was Saturday. :cake4u:

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-accident-probably-
happened.html

I have long believed that the rag in the tail pipe is a major element i this case.

She may have been upset about anything having had conversation with the boyfriend and her sister--no matter. She chose to travel/get away. I was to be a means to an end as we now have so many questions.

I believe she was picked up after her 'spin out' by some one with bad intentons--the same person who stuffed her tail pipe.

She was hunted by the person who placed the rag in the tail pipe who knew she would become vulnerable.

one can spin at least a dozen yarns in this case--better off with fiction because I believe her remains will not be found and the truth never be certain like many others--too many

moo

This is the world we live in:twocents:

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-accident-probably-
happened.html

I have long believed that the rag in the tail pipe is a major element i this case.

She may have been upset about anything having had conversation with the boyfriend and her sister--no matter. She chose to travel/get away. I was to be a means to an end as we now have so many questions.

I believe she was picked up after her 'spin out' by some one with bad intentons--the same person who stuffed her tail pipe.

She was hunted by the person who placed the rag in the tail pipe who knew she would become vulnerable.

one can spin at least a dozen yarns in this case--better off with fiction because I believe her remains will not be found and the truth never be certain like many others--too many

moo

This is the world we live in:twocents:

I think that's a very possible scenario, and I keep thinking about that as well. The thing that trips me up is that (according to mauramurray.blogspot.com) FM explained the rag in the tail pipe to the tow truck driver. He knew that Maura had car problems and apparently told her to put it in there to keep the car from smoking.

I-Team: Missing People in W. Mass

[snip]

Maura Murray, a 21-year-old UMass Amherst student, disappeared 9 years ago.

"Maura's unsinkable no matter what. Bright side, never let you down," said Fred Murray.

Maura's family and father Fred Murray in particular don't speak about her in the past tense, because they're still not convinced she's gone forever.

Murray, a nursing student at Umass Amherst, packed a bag, e-mailed her teachers she'd be out of class for a week and took off in her car in February of 2004. She didn't tell anyone where she was going.

A search on her computer revealed she'd been looking up rental properties in Vermont where her family vacationed, but they don't think she made it. She ended up crashing her car along a road in Haverhill, New Hampshire. By the time police got there she was gone. Fred thinks someone took her.

"It's highly possible for some guy to just keep her prisoner there indefinitely," Murray said.

More: http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/i_team/...ople-in-w-mass

Things quite here... though after all these years what's left to be said..
Also all that's being posted on http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/ has moved attention over to there. Not sure where they are going with all the interviews, and I don't know if understanding exactly why she took off on her trip, or understanding whatever turmoil and/or demons might have been trolling around inside her mind will help ...
I'm still of the school believing all that happened prior to her crash were events that got her there, but then what happened was just being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Things quite here... though after all these years what's left to be said..
Also all that's being posted on http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/ has moved attention over to there. Not sure where they are going with all the interviews, and I don't know if understanding exactly why she took off on her trip, or understanding whatever turmoil and/or demons might have been trolling around inside her mind will help ...
I'm still of the school believing all that happened prior to her crash were events that got her there, but then what happened was just being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

i agree completely

i agree completely

My opinions only, no facts here:

Yes!! The real story begins where Maura slid off of the road. The rest of the info is 'white noise'. However, I do not recommend ignoring the earlier events that led to Maura's road-trip, because these events can help establish her state of mind.

I have mentioned this before, but I will re-state my comments, because the subject keeps coming up. If you completely block an exhaust pipe (the best way is to shove a potato up it), the vehicle will not run. If you partially block an exhaust pipe (with a non-snug item like a loose rag), the exhaust pressure will force it out. Simply put- you either do the job right and the car does not run or you do it incorrectly and the car still runs OK. So, I conclude that the tailpipe rag was emplaced AFTER Maura's car slid off the road.

If it were me, I would research all male felons (with any prior history of abuse towards women) who lived in or were temporarily staying in the Jaffrey area at the time of Maura's disappearance. This would likely be a short list.

I cannot rule out a connection with the Brianna Maitland case. There are some similarities.

That rag in the tailpipe is a most strange and intriguing aspect - I scratch noggin trying to make sense of it, but cannot.

Seems at the blog, much is being mentioned about Fred in a negative way. That's more white noise as well IMO...

Besides felons in the area, IMO anyone who was near the crash site needs to be checked out.

As for connection to Brianna, I don't think so since Brianna was going to testify against a gal who smashed her in the face, and my hunch is that that's somehow related to Brianna's disappearance - but could be wrong.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Yes!! The real story begins where Maura slid off of the road. The rest of the info is 'white noise'. However, I do not recommend ignoring the earlier events that led to Maura's road-trip, because these events can help establish her state of mind.

I have mentioned this before, but I will re-state my comments, because the subject keeps coming up. If you completely block an exhaust pipe (the best way is to shove a potato up it), the vehicle will not run. If you partially block an exhaust pipe (with a non-snug item like a loose rag), the exhaust pressure will force it out. Simply put- you either do the job right and the car does not run or you do it incorrectly and the car still runs OK. So, I conclude that the tailpipe rag was emplaced AFTER Maura's car slid off the road.

If it were me, I would research all male felons (with any prior history of abuse towards women) who lived in or were temporarily staying in the Jaffrey area at the time of Maura's disappearance. This would likely be a short list.

I cannot rule out a connection with the Brianna Maitland case. There are some similarities.

That rag in the tailpipe is a most strange and intriguing aspect - I scratch noggin trying to make sense of it, but cannot.

Seems at the blog, much is being mentioned about Fred in a negative way. That's more white noise as well IMO...

Besides felons in the area, IMO anyone who was near the crash site needs to be checked out.

As for connection to Brianna, I don't think so since Brianna was going to testify against a gal who smashed her in the face, and my hunch is that that's somehow related to Brianna's disappearance - but could be wrong.

I agree on all counts! Fred may have been gruff, but he was probably angry, scared and desperate. I can't imagine being in his position.

It appears Brianna's disappearance has something to do with a local or locals. LE needs to pressure (constantly question) those girls and anyone else in Brianna's circles. Someone knows something. Maybe a billboard in the area with a big reward would help. Maybe it would shake a few people (reminder of the crime). LE needs to keep it their faces. It has been almost 10 years, maybe someone grew up and wants to unload a secret.

JMO

FWIW, a local psychic said that she was taken by a man in an old car - maybe a classic type of car? - that was either red, or had a red leather interior.

Again, this is from a psychic, so it should be taken with a pinch of salt. I haven't been following this case that closely so I don't know if that means anything at all.

I hope there is some resolution to this case for her family's sake.

FWIW, a local psychic said that she was taken by a man in an old car - maybe a classic type of car? - that was either red, or had a red leather interior.

Again, this is from a psychic, so it should be taken with a pinch of salt. I haven't been following this case that closely so I don't know if that means anything at all.

Wisteria, did the psychic look at this case recently?

Does he or she have a track record of being accurate?

Did she say any more info? Was it published anywhere?

It was a while back when I heard this, and generally the psychic is accurate. It has not been published anywhere else.

The psychic is reluctant to comment on cases like these, not wanting to get the family's hopes up in case he is mistaken. I only know of this impression because he's a family member. His accuracy rate on other things has been pretty high for as long as I can remember.

But again, even though he is a family member, I would take it with a grain of salt. You just never know, right?

Possibly "old" as in a from the 80's, etc? I can't see anyone around here taking a classic car out in the winter. The salt and snow do horrible things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makaylaj