NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance//She was hit by a car as she walked down the road by accident or on purpose and they put her in the car put her elsewhere or she was kidnapped walking down the road after she ditched her car.. This is no accident and she didn't just take off something way more sinister happend to her shortly after she ditched her car..

I have been a lurker of this thread, and I also believe Maura met with something sinister that day. I would love to believe she ran away to Canada and is living a normal apple pie life, but that is a long shot, although not impossible.

Not a chance//She was hit by a car as she walked down the road by accident or on purpose and they put her in the car put her elsewhere or she was kidnapped walking down the road after she ditched her car.. This is no accident and she didn't just take off something way more sinister happend to her shortly after she ditched her car..

I remember you mentioning this many, many threads ago - especially the part about her being hit by a car purposely/by accident...
it does seem the quickest, easiest way for to have been taken.

Sorry oldsteve I tend to say the same things over and over lol...Im kidding nice to see an old friend still on here like myself .Keep in mind folks i have no proof about what i think its all just my oppinnion but for me when i read something the whole story you get to going over it in your mind playing it out a 1000 times over in your mind and for myself my gut steers me in a certain way and i never waiver as i believe my first gut reaction is the right gut reaction and thats what i go on..

I guess it's possible that MM could have been conducting a clandestine affair, but it just doesnt' seem likely. I think she was upset about the CC fraud, car accident, and whatever happened on that phone call in the dorm. She decided she needed to take a break, and she had a history of taking off and not telling anyone where she was going. There is not one shred of evidence that points to a secret guy in her life. Not one email, phone record, mention to a friend, etc. She lived in a dorm and was surrounded by people all of the time on a bustling college campus. You can't meet someone, fall madly and run away together in a TOTAL vacuum, at least not in my opinion. As I said, it's possible, cause anything is possible at this point, but it doesn't seem probable.
Other folks have said that the probability of a random killer happening upon Maura after the crash is even less likely, but I can name 10 cases off the top of my head where someone was grabbed by a psycho who just happened to be driving by, it does happen. More than likely she was a little drunk, disoriented and did not want to get busted for drinking and driving. She probably wanted to get as far away from the accident site as possible and either got into the wrong car or got lost in the woods and her remains have never been found. I can't believe it's coming up on 10 years and still no answers, although it's possible LE has a very good idea of who could be responsible, what with the mention of the whole 75% thing. And has Israel Keyes been completely ruled out? He did have a cabin in the vicinity.
I don't agree with the notion that there was too small of a time window between the time of the accident and the arrival of emergency vehicles for her to have been taken. I've heard a lot of people say it was less than 10 minutes, and it's would be statistically impossible for someone to see her and grab her in that time frame.
It's more likely that Maura ran from the site then hid out for a while until the people left the scene. If anyone knows how long the police and fire stayed on the scene, I would be interested to know. I don't think a police presence was there 24/7 from the get go. Whatever happened could have taken place an hour or two after the crash, not in the 10 minutes some people bring up.

Another thing that has bothered me is that nothing Maura packed screamed "secret rendezvous". She apparently had running shoes, a school reference/text book, a book about wilderness adventures, and some basic toiletries. If she was meeting up with this secret boyfriend some people are really stuck on, wouldn't she have packed some different things? I know Maura looks like a bit of a tomboy type, but I'm sure she would have packed some changes of clothes, lip gloss, perfume, etc. Nothing she packed shows any indication that she was meeting a guy. And I won't buy into any theory that fancy dating accoutrements were in the guy's car she was riding in tandem with.

snipped to point for friendly discussion:

Other folks have said that the probability of a random killer happening upon Maura after the crash is even less likely.

It's true, if my wife or any woman, stopped their car on a lonely road any given night, the odd are very, very unlikely they would taken in ten minutes or so...
But consider lotteries, the odds of you or I buying a ticket and winning are just as unlikely - BUT there is always a lottery winner out there - and that's the point.

MM is sadly the winner of the "alone for ten minutes" and taken. We only know of her just like we only know who wins a lottery - we don't know all the millions who play an don't win...

i have followed this case on and off so I don't know all the ends and out of it. however I don't think that she was going to meet up with another guy I just don't think there would be anyway to hide ALL possible evidence of it I also don't know that I believe she got lost in the woods either in this day an age anything is possible and not much truly shocks me anymore I just wish that someone someone could find some answers

What your not picking up on though is that your all talking as though it had to be jack the ripper driving around that night it didn;t have to be a KILLER of anysort all it had to be is someone that panicked or someone that saw an oppertunitty you say its so unlikly a killer came across her that night well ya i agree but a person didn't have to be a SK in order to be the only one to have done something to her .sometimes a accident can make someone into a murderer such as if on that dark road maybe a couple guys out maybe hit her maybe they were drinking and decided to try to hide the body instead of turn them selves in..this didn't have to be a killer in order for something bad to happen that night..

Hello Everyone. This is my first post about MM. My husband and I watched Disappeared the other evening and MM's story has been on my mind ever since. I have read through a number of posts but not all so please excuse me for any repetition etc.

The programme mentioned that there was a message left on MM's boyfriend's cell which he missed because he was going through security on his way to try to help with the search. As far as I recall, he said it was early morning (6am-ish) and the sounds left were, to paraphrase because I can't quite remember his words: whimpering/ crying and sounds of someone shivering. They couldn't trace the call because they think MM (if it was her who made the call) had used a prepaid card.

Wherever she went that night - if she made that call, she was still alive many hours later, so survived an incredibly cold night and up until that point had not been either kidnapped/ murdered/ committed suicide/ fallen down a ravine...or been eaten by bears (has this ever been looked into?).

At that time, if it was her, she was near a telephone - surely it's possible to trace outgoing calls from an entire area to his 'phone (or is that just wishful thinking on my part?) as they knew the time of the call?

Did someone offer her a ride/ bath/ bed/ hot drink etc?

As no trace of her was or has been found, my gut feeling is that someone 'found' her and either caused her permanent harm, or that she is still with them...Cleveland, Ohio comes to mind and has either destroyed all evidence or still has it.

With regard to people saying that she couldn't possible have more 'bad luck' and be kidnapped by an opportunist, why not? She was and looked vulnerable. She was a young and attractive woman, possibly under the influence of alcohol and was wandering around alone in the dark/ early hours. She most definitely could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time...and be giving off 'victim' vibes which would easily be read by someone looking for a victim.

And if she did disturb hibernating bears/ commit suicide/ fall etc, surely something of hers would have been found by now?

It's all too tidy.

Heart-breaking. :(

If we assume that the call to the boyfriend was legit and that the man who saw her running was telling the truth, following in the direction she was going, where would she have had to get to in order to get cell phone reception? Can we assume that she had to keep at least walking in order to still be alive by 6am? If she stopped would she have frozen to death by that time? How far could she have gotten?

Sorry, just a bunch of questions I'm mulling over.

Even today you need to get to the top of the hill on 112 by Beaver Pond and Lost River Caverns to be able to make a call. That's about 11 miles from the Saturn crash and its a long uphill climb from around the intersection of 116 and 112(5 miles from the Saturn crash, 6 miles more to beaver pond).

I'm starting to think that Mauras body will be found in the brush, maybe 3 or 4 miles from where the car crashed. I think she was disorientated, stressed, possibly having mental health issues.
JMO

I'm starting to think that Mauras body will be found in the brush, maybe 3 or 4 miles from where the car crashed. I think she was disorientated, stressed, possibly having mental health issues.
JMO

I know it's not a popular opinion, but this is what I think too. She had been drinking, wasn't thinking clearly and panicked. She got as far away from there as she could and succumbed to the elements. I think that there was no way she wanted to be there when the police arrived. She was a runner and would have been able to do it. JMO.

It has been searched . Her father still searches in the months he can.cadavaer dogs .its also from what i have hears a high pop of hunters thats usually when if she was there she would be found so take that into consideration and then have a look at the disappeared video and how dark it was no light's there what so ever also it was middle of winter unles she had snoshoes on while she was driving and got out she wasn't walking more then 10 20 feet off the side of the road dont matter if she is a runner or not .so if you wanna go by that theory she is laying basically on the shoulder of the road my guess someone or someone wouda found her by now many years have passed since this happend...

True, but animals in the area could scatter bones and easily get lost in the brush. Plus she was a runner, who knows how far she could have run? The adrenaline was pumping from the crash.

Here a link to the youtube video that shows her last ride....

Maura Murray's Last Known Drive - YouTube

When you reach where she crashed you can see the road conditions on a snowy winter day...
Imagine when it was dark... with stones and ice in the road... no way to run without a flashlight.
I've asked the question if she might have access to a flashlight from her car, but no one knows.. with a light she might have been able to run...
I've mentioned this before, wife and I used to run at night and you need some kind of light least you will break an ankle or trip an fall..
If she did have a light would she have ran into the depths of the forest, or head back over road she already traveled to town?

Working out how far away MM could get a cell 'phone signal may be misleading as the boyfriend's mother made a big point of saying that MM used a pre-paid card not her cell - which I (maybe mistakenly) have understood to mean that she used either a pay 'phone or a regular landline to make the call using the card.

Also, there was mention of a witness (on Disappeared) who thought they saw MM in a store/ gas station, with her arms crossed in front of her chest and mouthing "help me." The woman obviously didn't.....

If the above statements are true then it seems to me MM did not perish in the elements but was alive and near civilisation in the early hours of the following morning. The film 'Misery' keeps popping into my head....

Could she still be alive and being held captive somewhere?

Working out how far away MM could get a cell 'phone signal may be misleading as the boyfriend's mother made a big point of saying that MM used a pre-paid card not her cell - which I (maybe mistakenly) have understood to mean that she used either a pay 'phone or a regular landline to make the call using the card.

Also, there was mention of a witness (on Disappeared) who thought they saw MM in a store/ gas station, with her arms crossed in front of her chest and mouthing "help me." The woman obviously didn't.....

If the above statements are true then it seems to me MM did not perish in the elements but was alive and near civilisation in the early hours of the following morning. The film 'Misery' keeps popping into my head....

Could she still be alive and being held captive somewhere?

I believe she had a regular phone service for her cell. If I recall correctly, her boyfriend's mother paid the bill. I think she had used calling cards in the past, but she didn't need to use them anymore because she had a regular phone service provider (I think it was Sprint).

Also, a local person said there was a woman who looked a lot like Maura living in the area and it could have been her in the store. IMO, I don't think it was Maura. The sighting wasn't confirmed by police or any of her family, so it was probably mistaken identity.

JMO

I am reading B.O.L.O right now and it is a very interesting book. Although fiction, it does all seem very reasonable... I really feel for this girl.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member