Found Deceased NH - Nicole Davis, 25, walked away from campsite, Raymond, Rockingham County, 4 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's likely. She also had shed her coat prior to going missing so even if the fall was gentle the cold temps of the water would have meant she succumbed very quickly.

I can’t imagine how cold the water is at this time of year.
How sad. Glad she was found quickly & her family knows.

So, deTh has already been ruled accidental? Due to alcohol intoxication, they believe she fell in the water?
At this time, yes
An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.
That should rule out foul play.
The water was 53 degrees on May 5th. Life expectancy is as little as one hour.
Edit:
Here's the chart showing the water temps.
USGS Current Conditions for USGS 01073319 LAMPREY RIVER AT LANGFORD ROAD, AT RAYMOND, NH
This is a hypothermia table that shows the affects cold water has on your body.
Hypothermia Table

This is a version of the same story we hear all the time, where (usually) a guy leaves a bar, is intoxicated, goes missing, and a body of water is nearby. Story always seems to end the same way. This version is different because it was a female this time, and at a campground instead of a bar..

I thought searching had covered the water and she had not been found there. Maybe she was carried down river a distance. Disappointing ending.

I'm so sad for her, for her friend at the campground, for her husband, for her mom and the rest of her family, and for her 5 cats. Such a tragic, senseless loss of this young woman. RIP Nicole. :(

Last edited:
One may question why did Nicole shed her jacket? (if she was wearing it.
One may question why someone would decide to go swimming in water that's 53 degrees?

Here's an article about the affects both drinking and hypothermia has on your body.
  • Decreased perception and sensation of cold. Intoxicated people tend to be less aware of cold. Beside that, alcohol intoxication resulting in blood alcohol concentrations (BACs) above 0.3 g/100 blood acts as an anesthetic.
  • A heavily drinking person exposed to cold who has been not eaten for a day or more may develop hypoglycemia, which may result in decreased shivering and therefore decreased heat production and hypothermia [11].
  • Paradoxical undressing. A drinker who starts to feel warm due to increased skin blood flow often partly undresses despite a low ambient temperature [7].
Alcohol and Body Temperature: Hypothermia, Hyperthermia

Yes, I feel like that has happened to a few adults in Me/nh in the past couple of weeks like the man in Bath Maine who fell off the dock and there was one in Portsmouth I think. Very common, like that man that went missing from the football game out west a few months ago.
This is a version of the same story we hear all the time, where (usually) a guy leaves a bar, is intoxicated, goes missing, and a body of water is nearby. Story always seems to end the same way. This version is different because it was a female this time, and at a campground instead of a bar..

I thought searching had covered the water and she had not been found there. Maybe she was carried down river a distance. Disappointing ending.

I'm so sad for her, for her friend at the campground, for her husband, for her mom and the rest of her family, and for her 5 cats. Such a tragic, senseless loss of this young woman. RIP Nicole. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33
Back