Found Deceased NI - Noah Donohoe, 14, North Belfast, 21 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For me this case had aspects similar to Elisa Lam.

The water aspect and the gaining entry to it plus the strange behaviour beforehand.

However I believe in Noah's case it is a awful accident.

My heart goes out to Noah, his Mother and family. I hope they take some comfort in knowing their son has touched many peoples hearts and we are thinking of them.

MOO

The water aspect and the gaining entry to it plus the strange behaviour beforehand.

My heart goes out to Noah, his Mother and family. I hope they take some comfort in knowing their son has touched many peoples hearts and we are thinking of them.

MOO
Psychological breakdown causing erratic behavior leading to accidental downing, yes. I hadn't made that connection but it is indeed very similar to Elisa Lam although I expect in this case the medical examiners report can be much more revealing.

MOO
Yes, it made me think of that case too. If he had a head injury it could have led to confusion or even psychosis or hallucinations.

That could explain his removing his clothes and unusual behavior. Maybe he was trying to hide in what he thought would be a safe place.

It's a very strange case. His family must be devastated, after so many days of searching and hoping to find him safe.

Websleuths is fact based, meaning our discussions are based on information from MSM or LE.

Do NOT bring rumors or social media comments to Websleuths or hint at or talk around them.

Rumor posts get removed and members who post them may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

The ceaseless rain in Belfast tonight seems apt; a sad city mourning a fine, handsome & brilliant boy. Let‘s draw a scrap of comfort from how even in our petty divisions we came together to search without flagging; how in the face of senseless tragedy we mourn as one #NoahDonohoe

View attachment 253046

https://twitter.com/gwalker9/status/1276985368408195073?s=21

What a beautiful boy Noah was. So much potential, now gone from the world. No matter why or how, it's so sad that his life was cut short before he even knew what to make of his talents and interests.

RIP, dear child. You deserved more time to learn and dream and aspire. You deserved to ride your bike in safety and health. My heart breaks for your mother.

Are autopsy results, containing the cause and manner of death, routinely released to the public in NI? Would you expect these results to be released because of the widespread concern of the public?

I don’t think that’s standard Rosie. I think it would only be public if an inquest is opened after the autopsy findings as inquests are public - hopefully one of the other posters has more knowledge because I’m interested to know too.

I don’t think it’s standard either. However there is such an outpouring of grief here and so much public interest that I believe some information might be released, particularly if it will help to quell the awful rumours which are circulating

I do believe it is possible this was an accident, but if I were the family, I would be pushing and pushing for as many facts and evidence as possible to paint a clear picture of what happened because this IS strange.
It is a bizarre death. I do believe it was an accident with no third party responsible however it’s such an unusual case I can also see why people don’t believe it.

I think the police may have some cctv footage that indicated Noah went in the drain of his own accord. They were insistent the entire time that he hadn’t left the area he was last seen in. The footage would show he was on his own and nobody was after him.

First time posting here
I would be really interested to know if anymore cctv has been found to confirm he went in on his own accord. Is that a guess or do you know for sure? and it would be helpful if they gave some info from the autopsy to confirm how he died and if his head injury did in fact have anything to do with his strange behaviour?! They have been saying a lot about this head injury but they havnt really confirmed any information about if he’s had any injuries before his fall which might explain why he’d travelled that far away from home too?was he being followed or chased? and or if it was noticeable injuries after he dumped his bike surely the fact he was naked and potentially bleeding would have caused someone to at least notice! I’m assuming it’s a built up area around homes too?! Unless they’re deliberately being vague about what witnesses said? I’m not that experienced so not sure. It just All seems really odd to me!

I agree with other posters about the police trying to stop any more tensions in the area which would explain why they discouraged a vigil or meet ups. I don’t know the area myself but I know in the uk tensions have been high recently and it definitely makes more sense to me moo that and this is an area with a history of tension too.

I do believe it is possible this was an accident, but if I were the family, I would be pushing and pushing for as many facts and evidence as possible to paint a clear picture of what happened because this IS strange.
I wouldn't think they would have to push too hard. The authorities and search parties involved seemed so invested in finding Noah that they will likely work just as hard to determine what exactly happened to him. The autopsy should confirm whether his death was accidental or not.

They should be able to tell what kind of head injury he sustained and whether there was swelling or bleeding and how that contributed to his death. He also may have been severely dehydrated which would have made the situation worse.

Imo

What is most important is that his mother and close family have complete confidence in the findings of the medical examiner and LE so they can move on in their grief with a sense of closure.
I, myself, have so many questions that may never be answered. What went on with him that he would pack those particular items, get on his bicycle and pedal to a part of the city that was not usual for him, doing part of the trip, naked, and then finish off the trip by going into a dark, wet drainage system? It all makes absolutely no sense to me, and all my speculations seem absurd.

What is most important is that his mother and close family have complete confidence in the findings of the medical examiner and LE so they can move on in their grief with a sense of closure.
I, myself, have so many questions that may never be answered. What went on with him that he would pack those particular items, get on his bicycle and pedal to a part of the city that was not usual for him, doing part of the trip, naked, and then finish off the trip by going into a dark, wet drainage system? It all makes absolutely no sense to me, and all my speculations seem absurd.

I suppose it is possible that if indeed the fall involved a head injury which lead to concussion he may have been trying to get elsewhere but became confused and took a wrong turn. Maybe he was trying to get to his school for some reason, maybe just seeking familiarity in his injured state, or a friend or teacher living in the area and found himself disoriented in Northwood. That part we may never know unless the electronic devices recovered show something else. Hopefully they do.

It is a bizarre death. I do believe it was an accident with no third party responsible however it’s such an unusual case I can also see why people don’t believe it.

I think the police may have some cctv footage that indicated Noah went in the drain of his own accord. They were insistent the entire time that he hadn’t left the area he was last seen in. The footage would show he was on his own and nobody was after him.
They only requested CCTV a few days ago from some key places like the train station and church facing near where he was last seen. Maybe that's why people were stood down from searching? Because they had figured out he'd entered there.

Who knows. But very odd case no matter what. I think we can all agree on that.

sorry not meaning to be insensitive I think if his family are satisfied that all avenues have been explored and examined them of course that’s really all that matters. I think it’s hard not to let this rattle around in my head at the moment mainly due to knowing how I would feel if it was one of my own children too. So, I can only imagine how his poor mum and family must be feeling! I just really hope cause of death and the remaining evidence gathered sheds the light needed for his family to feel at as much peace is as possible with such a devastating situation x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back