Nigella Lawson: I won't be leaving my children a penny

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nigella Lawson hits back at claims she plans to cut children out of will

"Of course I have no intention of leaving my children destitute and starving - rather, this is a story that came from a comment I made about my belief that you have to work in order to learn the value of money," it reads.
"I have always said of my children that once they have finished university or training, whatever education they choose, they have to support themselves through work, as I did, but I have never discussed the details of my will with anyone.
"The story that has been circulating is not a true reflection of my intentions and, although I'd normally ignore it, I want to set the record, not least to spare my children continuing embarrassment."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=511887&in_page_id=1773

Nigella Lawson hits back at claims she plans to cut children out of will

"Of course I have no intention of leaving my children destitute and starving - rather, this is a story that came from a comment I made about my belief that you have to work in order to learn the value of money," it reads.
"I have always said of my children that once they have finished university or training, whatever education they choose, they have to support themselves through work, as I did, but I have never discussed the details of my will with anyone.
"The story that has been circulating is not a true reflection of my intentions and, although I'd normally ignore it, I want to set the record, not least to spare my children continuing embarrassment."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=511887&in_page_id=1773
I think she is just embarrassed that everyone thinks she is a b*tch!

I agree with this woman. I don't think it's being selfish. I think to hand your kids things on a silver platter doesn't build character. I see the difference, at my age of sixty, between adult children of mine and friends who have had everything handed to them. Some of the kids handed everything turned out to be druggies, ect.
The kids among my peers who worked hard and even paid for their own educations are upstanding people who add to the world. IMHO

I agree with this woman. I don't think it's being selfish. I think to hand your kids things on a silver platter doesn't build character. I see the difference, at my age of sixty, between adult children of mine and friends who have had everything handed to them. Some of the kids handed everything turned out to be druggies, ect.
The kids among my peers who worked hard and even paid for their own educations are upstanding people who add to the world. IMHO
I taught school for 20 years. I have seen kids with everything turn out great and have seen kids that struggle just give up, and the other way around. There is no exact science raising kids. If you think there is...go ahead a write a book. You will make millions. I believe in pushing kids to develop a strong work ethic, but I see nothing wrong with leaving children a healthy inheritance either. Of course, there are the Paris Hilton's of the world. Now I CAN SEE why her grandfather did what he did. LOL. I would be embarrassed to tears if that clan was my family. :eek: I still think this woman rides a broom to work everyday. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow
Back