NJ - 18 year old woman planning to move to New Jersey to MARRY her Father

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know about autism - but couldn't the rest of the argument be used for a lot of sexual relationships?

(by the way, I think it's gross, and I'm not entirely sure it's real) but it's interesting to see where people are drawing the lines here, but not in other relationships.

No, with father-daughter incest there is a heightened risk of any condition caused by recessive genes, compared to unrelated members of the population.

I'm betting this is a hoax. An interview done online with nothing to corroborate the story. The fact that all these people are supposedly totally cool with it. I'm not saying that this thing hasn't happened, because it has. But I'm pretty sure this particular account is fake.

I would not be shocked if this was a real story.

I'm betting this is a hoax. An interview done online with nothing to corroborate the story. The fact that all these people are supposedly totally cool with it. I'm not saying that this thing hasn't happened, because it has. But I'm pretty sure this particular account is fake.

Could it be a hoax with a "political" purpose?

While I do not condone this relationship AT ALL, I find it very interesting in this and other cases the double standard that occurs in the case of teenagers. We cry that a 16 year old is not mature enough to decide their own fate when it comes to sex but if they take someone's life we scream to try them as adults and lock them up. You can't have it both ways.

Could it be a hoax with a "political" purpose?

Possibly. Opponents of gay marriage tend to reach for the slippery slope argument first, so I can see someone inventing a story like this.

I do recall watching a documentary years ago that said the sexual feelings in this situaion are common . Now that I just typed that I need to go throw up. I will try to find some info in this

While I do not condone this relationship AT ALL, I find it very interesting in this and other cases the double standard that occurs in the case of teenagers. We cry that a 16 year old is not mature enough to decide their own fate when it comes to sex but if they take someone's life we scream to try them as adults and lock them up. You can't have it both ways.

IMO, 16 yr olds are absolutely old enough to know that KILLING is wrong. That is not a mystery to them.

But 16 yr olds are at a disadvantage when older adults begin sexual relationships with them. The dynamics and intricacies are often beyond them. They are easily exploited and taken advantage of. jmo

IMO, 16 yr olds are absolutely old enough to know that KILLING is wrong. That is not a mystery to them.

But 16 yr olds are at a disadvantage when older adults begin sexual relationships with them. The dynamics and intricacies are often beyond them. They are easily exploited and taken advantage of. jmo

If you do your research on this (study some child psychology in depth), you will realize that what you stated here is just not true. While a teen might know that killing is "wrong", the "dynamics and intricacies are often beyond them". This is why many teens view themselves as invincible and engage in reckless behavior.

I think you make a good point sunflowerchick - can't recall ever meeting a 16 year old that really knew much about the consequences of their actions - have known 4 intimately. The advent of social media isn't helping future 16 year olds at all imo. Imo 16 year olds in the 1950's and '60's knew more than 16 year olds today as they had better upbringing and less interference. Again jmo.

Lets take child out of the equation. Two consenting adults. Two men get married & later find out they were brothers. Should they be forced to divorce. Sex between two people of the same sex used to be illegal & disgusting. Now, not so much. Incest is just a word that could be redefined in the future & probably will be.

I always thought the reason that it was called incest and was illegal was because of the breach of the family relationship (be it father-daughter, brother-sister). If they never had that relationship, is it illegal because of the science involved? I've never been really clear on that.

If you do your research on this (study some child psychology in depth), you will realize that what you stated here is just not true. While a teen might know that killing is "wrong", the "dynamics and intricacies are often beyond them". This is why many teens view themselves as invincible and engage in reckless behavior.

I find your post confusing. I am not being critical. I just don't understand why you are disagreeing with katydid23. Could you please clarify?

I always thought the reason that it was called incest and was illegal was because of the breach of the family relationship (be it father-daughter, brother-sister). If they never had that relationship, is it illegal because of the science involved? I've never been really clear on that.

I always thought that it was illegal mostly because it's a genetic nightmare in the making if procreation takes place (doubling up on recessive genes, etc). And then of course there's the socially gross component to it as well.

Moo

If a man can marry a man & a woman a woman, I see no reason why a father can't marry a daughter or a sister a brother etc. If the argument is that we should not prevent a loving couple from marrying, how can we deny them. The state should treat all relationships equally.

And if the father produces a child with his daughter, can he then have a relationship with his grandchild when she reaches her teens? In the OP's case and the one I've linked, the father has groomed the girls when they were teens, what will stop him doing it again?! How can his daughter/wife/lover stand in his way? :sick:

This isn't comparable to same sex partners and imo, should never be condoned, especially a parent/child sexual relationship. JMO

This is an article about father/daughter relationship that bore 2 children, the first one died soon after birth. The father came back into his daughter's life when she was 15, a good age to groom a lonely teen, she did go on to marry someone else but when the marriage failed and she was lonely again, there was dad, ugh :mad: . Talk about a narcissistic relationship. :facepalm:
They were charged with incest and placed on a good behaviour bond, they're not allowed to contact one another.

A FATHER and daughter who have revealed they are couple and have a child together had another baby who died a few days after birth from a congenital heart disease, court documents show. John Earnest Deaves and his daughter Jennifer Anne Deaves are at the centre of an incest scandal in South Australia over their seven-year relationship.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arc...ad-earlier-child/story-e6frg6p6-1111115991380

I find your post confusing. I am not being critical. I just don't understand why you are disagreeing with katydid23. Could you please clarify?

Because her response was in response to a post I made earlier. I was making the point that either a child under the age of 18 is accountable for their actions in all cases or they aren't in all cases.

Relevant because the relationship being discussed here started when the daughter was 16. Either she is accountable for her actions at 16 in which case maybe she understands the implications of her relationship. Or she isn't accountable which makes this wrong.

I always thought that it was illegal mostly because it's a genetic nightmare in the making if procreation takes place (doubling up on recessive genes, etc). And then of course there's the socially gross component to it as well.

Moo

It is a cultural and sometimes a religious taboo as well:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_taboo

I disagree. The teens that are tried as adults are usually charged with murders during armed robberies or gang killings. I do not think the crimes they allegedly committed are too intricate or complicated. They know full well that if they shoot their robbery victim with a GLOCK, DEATH will result. I do not need a child psychologist to try and tell me that 1 16 yr old does not understand that murder is wrong.

Sure, teens are more impulsive and less concerned with potential bad outcomes. But that does not mean they should be given a pass when it comes to murder. jmo

Because her response was in response to a post I made earlier. I was making the point that either a child under the age of 18 is accountable for their actions in all cases or they aren't in all cases.

Relevant because the relationship being discussed here started when the daughter was 16. Either she is accountable for her actions at 16 in which case maybe she understands the implications of her relationship. Or she isn't accountable which makes this wrong.

There is a big difference between a 16 yr old understanding the intricacies and nuances of a taboo sexual relationship with an older man, and a 16 yr old knowing that murder is WRONG.

IMO, this is a hoax. College kids write some of the weirdest questions to "Dear Abby" and "Ann Landers" for giggles and to get published. Not believing it for a minute. After all, this was "published" in NY magazine, not the New Yorker.

I think you make a good point sunflowerchick - can't recall ever meeting a 16 year old that really knew much about the consequences of their actions - have known 4 intimately. The advent of social media isn't helping future 16 year olds at all imo. Imo 16 year olds in the 1950's and '60's knew more than 16 year olds today as they had better upbringing and less interference. Again jmo.

Do you believe that 16 yr olds do not understand the consequence of cold blooded murder?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back