GUILTY NJ - Abbiegail Smith, 11, raped and murdered, Keansburg, 13 July 2017 *Conviction reinstated*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
R.I.P. Abbiegail :rose:

I am glad to read that they have made an arrest in this case. Hoping he receives the maximum sentence the law will allow.

A neighbor said he was suspicious about a building resident he saw talking to Abbiegail on Wednesday before she vanished. It's not clear if that man is Erazo.

Erazo hung his head during his first court appearance Friday afternoon. The girl's mother said to him at the end of the proceeding, "I hope you rot in jail. My one and only daughter. Rot in jail. He can't even look at us."
Erazo is being held in jail on no bail. He'll get another detention hearing next Wednesday.

Source: Neighbor Arrested in Stabbing Death of 11-Year-Old New Jersey Girlhttp://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...e-Investigation--434466953.html#ixzz4mphfPohx

Ugh, this beautiful girl. :tears: :tears:

How horrible!! I can't even begin to imagine.... This poor sweet girl. And my heart breaks for her poor mother, losing her only precious daughter. Dear Jesus be with her... We live in such an utterly fallen world.

I only saw this story because it was on the same page as the 4 young men in Bucks County, PA that were brutally murdered... I feel sick right now.

Right?!? And this one's really creepy too because how in the world did he get her out of her apartment while, from what it sounds like, her mother was there with her?!?

I'll wait to see what evidence they have on this guy. If they haven't even done her autopsy yet they don't have his DNA. It seems awfully fast for an arrest in such a serious case. Hopefully they have the right guy.

Speaking after court, Monmouth County Prosecutor said Erazo was arrested Thursday afternoon at his apartment, where he lived with a relative and possibly his mother, and did not put up resistance.

The killing occurred at or near Erazo's apartment but prosecutors don't yet have a motive. The prosecutor couldn't confirm or deny whether she was sexually assaulted; he said he is waiting for the complete autopsy report from the medical examiner. He wouldn't say how many times AbbieGail was stabbed. He also wouldn't say whether investigators recovered the weapon.

He also wouldn't say why the girl left her apartment or how she and Erazo came to cross paths that day.

The two families weren't friends but the prosecutor did not know whether they knew each other.

AbbieGail's body was found Thursday in a rear area of the Hancock Arms apartments

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ss...rg_girl.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

Just tragic, heart breaks again for another young girl and another family. Rest in peace Abbiegail. So so sorry to Abbiegail's family and friends.

It really is beyond me how someone can commit violent crime like this against a child. And perhaps it's because I hang out here a bit lately, but it doesn't seem uncommon. I just don't know what to say, senseless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My thoughts and prayers go out to Abbiegail's family, friends and her entire community. Abbiegail mattered and now justice will be served.

A friend of Erazo's said he is easily angered and sometimes threatened violence.

"He literally had demons he was fighting."

The two once attended a high school dance together, and Erazo became irritated because he thought [the friend's] dress was too short, she said. He yelled at her in front of a group of their friends until she went inside to change.

Erazo was controlling and constantly expressing worry that everyone was against him, she said. He became "another person" when he was angry and sometimes threw things at the wall, she said. He physically threatened her, but never acted on those threats.

"Every time he did get mad, I would walk away," she said. "Say we were fighting and he was like, 'Say one more thing and I'm going to hit you.'"

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/07/teen_charged_with_killing_girl_11_has_anger_issues.html

After growing up in Middletown, Erazo moved to Eatontown when he was 16 or 17 and then to Keansburg. He had a very difficult relationship with his mother, and his father was not in his life,.

A friend said Erazo recently called her from Middletown's ShopRite and asked her to drive him to Eatontown because he and his mother were fighting. She didn't go, she said.

Erazo was once level-headed and a good student, but his behavior changed in his junior year of high school when he stopped playing intramural football and basketball. She said he befriended a group of kids who abused drugs.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2017/07/teen_charged_with_killing_girl_11_has_anger_issues.html

AbbieGail Smith is set to be laid to rest on Monday following a Mass Service at St. Ann's Church in Keansburg. Visitation will be held at Jacqueline M. Ryan Funeral Home in Keansburg, from 2 to 6 p.m. on Sunday.

AbbieGail's older sister who lives in Jamaica, was denied a visa from the U.S. government on Wednesday. The report does not say why the visa was denied.

AbbieGail's father said he feared he would also be denied entry, he was deported from the United States to Jamacia in 2001 following a marijuana arrest.

http://www.app.com/story/news/local...ed-u-s-entry-attend-funeral-report/494988001/

An 18-year-old New Jersey man charged with sexually assaulting and killing his 11-year-old neighbor has pleaded not guilty.

<Snipped by me>

Monmouth County prosecutors have said Erazo admitted stabbing the girl and binding her with a computer cord. But a public defender representing him has disputed those claims.

Erazo is charged with murder, felony murder, three counts of aggravated sexual assault and two weapons offenses. He faces a possible sentence of life with no chance for parole if he's convicted.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/st...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-10-23-14-01-11

Any idea if the father was able to attend the funeral?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Attorneys for Abbiegail Smith's accused killer delay trial to further investigate the case

The man accused in the rape and murder of 11-year-old Abbiegail Smith was expected to get a trial date today, but his attorneys asked for a postponement so that they can further their investigation into the case.

“The defense is requesting an additional 30 days for investigation,’’ the Jduge said before scheduling a conference for Erazo for July 16.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back