NJ NJ - Barnett "Barry" Zeldin, 74, Chatsworth, 07 Oct 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://barnegat-manahawkin.patch.co...nd-in-stafford-forge-wildlife-management-area

"...The death has been labeled "suspicious," Jones said.

"We list every death as suspicious until we can prove otherwise," he said.

Barnett Zeldin, a 74-year-old Mays Landing man, was reported missing by family and friends on Oct. 7. He told them he was going hunting, state police have said.

"There's no immediate indication it's the missing person," Jones said......"

odd - there's no mention of Zeldin in that article, yet there is "some" resemblance to the sketch? does anyone else agree?

odd - there's no mention of Zeldin in that article, yet there is "some" resemblance to the sketch? does anyone else agree?

I thought so too; the only thing that doesn't fit is his age

I should have copied this part over (really hate the wording they use..) - The dead man is described as between 5 feet, 5 inches to 5 feet, 8 inches tall, weighing between 130 and 165 pounds. The man is believed to be Hispanic and may be between the ages of 50 to 60.

Wish there was news or a new article :(

Photos of Barry; his truck at the location he went missing & a few other pics

Google map of Faa Radio Tower Rd

Debbie Zeldin A few people taped a missing poster to a tree/bush on the side of the road where Barry's blazer was found. We have been searching in another area 5 miles northwest of where the blazer was parked.
Ok, I guess I was misinformed. It's on a tree on the left when you make a left onto what my husband believes is FAA road. The site is a half mile down on the right. There's yellow police tape and red tape tied to the trees and/or bushes on the right side. His blazer was I'm between the two.

Had to go read to understand what they were talking about - Coyote conspiracy: Myth, or state-business collusion?

Glad Barry was mentioned. I fear he had a stroke; was picked up by animals. Anyone know if they had cadaver dogs out?
We have a friend in PA who has coyotes on his property. He has deer cams; he couldn't understand what was up with the lack of deer on it; then he figured it out. :(

Game and wildlife officials with the two states do not consider the coyote population to be at problem levels. Travis Lau, a spokesman for the Pennsylvania Game Commission, said doe-to-fawn ratios have remained consistent, giving no evidence of coyotes having a significant impact on the deer population.

Some hunters would disagree.

The coyotes "are just killing too many fawns," said Leo Deiter, 61, vice president of the Pennsylvania State Hunters Organization and a believer in rumors that the state in the past traded local turkeys for coyotes, which were released into the wild.

"They've gotten braver, too," said Deiter, a loading-dock worker. "They'll take domestic cats and dogs right out of people's yards."...

.... David Swarter, 44, of Souderton, is a regional coordinator with the Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association. The coyote population "has just exploded," he said, and the state's denials have not altered his belief that it released coyotes into the wild in the 1930s and '40s.....

....Coyote hunting and trapping - a pelt can go for about $40 - has increased substantially in the last several years. From 2008 to last year, the number of coyotes reported to New Jersey as trapped or killed nearly doubled. In the 2012-13 hunting season, 299 coyotes were trapped or killed. In Pennsylvania, the increase was almost 70 percent. In 2012, just more than 40,000 were trapped or killed.

I posted yesterday; but it did not go through... I hit submit this morning; then noticed his DIL replied to me at another board. Wanted to wake up before I posted it. I pray they get out there in the next 5 weeks!

There have been no new leads, no clues, nothing. The NJSP were considering looking at foul play last I heard. They stopped searching due to hunting season. I wish I had more info. Thank you all for your care and concerns for Barry and my family.

Someone replied to her -

This Saturday, March 15, will mark the end of coyote and fox firearm seasons as well as the trapping seasons.
The next firearm season will be wild turkey which will run from April 21 to May 23.
If the NJSP were waiting for a break in the hunting seasons, this will present a 5 week window after Saturday.

I have just returned from Australia. I last saw Barry the day before he disappeared. He was in my bait & tackle shop. He asked me to work In the shop this summer. He had taffy with him and told me he was celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary Victor from the Captain Robbins was there as well. This is so upsetting. He seemed in good health. I know he was an avid hunter and fisherman. I hope his family gets some sort of answer soon.

I have just returned from Australia. I last saw Barry the day before he disappeared. He was in my bait & tackle shop. He asked me to work In the shop this summer. He had taffy with him and told me he was celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary Victor from the Captain Robbins was there as well. This is so upsetting. He seemed in good health. I know he was an avid hunter and fisherman. I hope his family gets some sort of answer soon.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.. I volunteered to run a FB page for a potential missing person's law. Link is below. Barry will be featured on it once I get started. His daughter in law is posting on NJ Pine Barrens forum post about Barry.

Really wish his family would get answers.

New Jersey for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.. I volunteered to run a FB page for a potential missing person's law. Link is below. Barry will be featured on it once I get started. His daughter in law is posting on NJ Pine Barrens forum post about Barry.

Really wish his family would get answers.

New Jersey for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law

One of the admins of NJ Pine Barrens forum posted in Barry's thread -
The state police are still interested in that area. Bob and I went looking for Mr. Zeldin and when done we did a little exploring. As we rounded a curve in the road .... there was a fully uniformed State Police officer walking in the road in front of us far back in the woods. We talked a while and it is my opinion they will be searching again.

Thinking of Barry & his family. I can't believe there have been no articles about Barry.

NJ - Barnett "Barry" Zeldin, 74, Chatsworth, 07 Oct 2013

Thumbnail

Na
tional missing & Unidentified persons system # 22276:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing Person Podcast:
UNSUNG 11 - 12 - 16 MARK MONOLOGUE
(Beginning at 11 Minutes, 50 Seconds)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads