GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I said hinted I was thinking "Maybe you could get him to disappear," which I suppose is also encouraging.

I am confident she encouraged him to get rid of Brendan. Whether she gave him the actual idea to do this is anyone's guess.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/haddon/ex-girlfriend-says-she-never-asked-david-creato-kill-his-son

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...woods-where-Creatos-son-3-was-found-dead.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...woods-where-Creatos-son-3-was-found-dead.html

DJ's lawyer used a classic tactic to attack the medical examiner today -- listing test after test that the examiner could have performed on the body but did not, and using that as a springboard to make his ultimate point that the examiner cannot say for sure how Brendan died or where. This is the lawyer's way of encouraging the jury to fall prey to the "CSI effect" -- i.e. if there is no DNA evidence scientifically proving who the murderer is and how the murder took place, than the defendant must be acquitted. It is also the lawyer's attempt to get the jury to focus on many little unknowable details to suggest there must be reasonable doubt.

It will be the prosecution's job at closing to tell the jury that all of this is smoke and mirrors. The examiner did not perform these tests because they were not necessary and would not be illuminating.* When a child is found lying deceased on a rock in a creekbed with clean socks a half mile from where he went to bed, it is reasonable to conclude he was placed there, obviating the need for a million little tests to scientifically eliminate every possible theory that the defense can conjure up. The defense does not have the burden of proving that somebody else did it, or proving that it was an accidental or natural death, but they do have to at least posit some plausible scenarios that point away from DJ to create reasonable doubt in his favor. I'm still waiting to hear just one.

*An example is the lawyer criticizing the examiner for not DNA testing for oral sex. Really? Give me a break.

All JMO

DJ's lawyer used a classic tactic to attack the medical examiner today -- listing test after test that the examiner could have performed on the body but did not, and using that as a springboard to make his ultimate point that the examiner cannot say for sure how Brendan died or where. This is the lawyer's way of encouraging the jury to fall prey to the "CSI effect" -- i.e. if there is no DNA evidence scientifically proving who the murderer is and how the murder took place, than the defendant must be acquitted. It is also the lawyer's attempt to get the jury to focus on many little unknowable details to suggest there must be reasonable doubt.

It will be the prosecution's job at closing to tell the jury that all of this is smoke and mirrors. The examiner did not perform these tests because they were not necessary and would not be illuminating.* When a child is found lying deceased on a rock in a creekbed with clean socks a half mile from where he went to bed, it is reasonable to conclude he was placed there, obviating the need for a million little tests to scientifically eliminate every possible theory that the defense can conjure up. The defense does not have the burden of proving that somebody else did it, or proving that it was an accidental or natural death, but they do have to at least posit some plausible scenarios that point away from DJ to create reasonable doubt in his favor. I'm still waiting to hear just one.

*An example is the lawyer criticizing the examiner for not DNA testing for oral sex. Really? Give me a break.

All JMO

I think the ME had a golf game or vacation to get to. We talked about it when Brendan was 1st found. Someone posted his pic from the county website he had a floral shirt on.

I think the ME had a golf game or vacation to get to. We talked about it when Brendan was 1st found. Someone posted his pic from the county website he had a floral shirt on.

Thankfully this case does not hinge on forensic evidence. The ME confirmed the boy was deceased and oxygen deprived. Given the overwhelming circumstantial evidence, that is enough for me.

I was surprised DJ's lawyer didn't criticize the ME for not testing for the presence of spirits. Surely his failure to do so raises reasonable doubt. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully this case does not hinge on forensic evidence. The ME confirmed the boy was deceased and oxygen deprived. Given the overwhelming circumstantial evidence, that is enough for me.

I was surprised DJ's lawyer didn't criticize the ME for not testing for the presence of spirits. Surely his failure to do so raises reasonable doubt. ;-)

All I have to say is he better not get out of jail due to what the ME failed to do.

I think I am confused as I didn't think it was up to the ME to do DNA testing during the autopsy. I thought the crime scene investigators did the DNA testing?

I think the prosecutor did a fairly good job when she came back and asked follow up questions. There might have been a few more she could have asked to enforce the ME's decision making.

Overall I don't think a stranger would have killed Brendan and left him on top of the rock, they wouldn't have left him in such an obvious spot. imo

Overall I don't think a stranger would have killed Brendan and left him on top of the rock, they wouldn't have left him in such an obvious spot. imo

I completely agree. You know who might leave him on top of a rock? Someone who cared about him and wanted to leave him in a spiritual place.

I completely agree. You know who might leave him on top of a rock? Someone who cared about him and wanted to leave him in a spiritual place.

Yes that is quite obvious. I thought that was not a smart admission by DJ or his mother. Also admitting that you frequent that area, Julie even admitted she had been down there 20-30 times. Julie had only known DJ a few months that seemed like a lot of times in that short period.

I just hope the jury is listening very closely to the evidence and statements by the witnesses in the trial.

Thanks for all the videos of the trial, dyannaON! :)

I'm up to date, finally.

Thanks for all the videos of the trial, dyannaON! :)

I'm up to date, finally.

No problemo! I plan on watching this evening! Wild Saturday night! Hahah

I think I am confused as I didn't think it was up to the ME to do DNA testing during the autopsy. I thought the crime scene investigators did the DNA testing?

I think the prosecutor did a fairly good job when she came back and asked follow up questions. There might have been a few more she could have asked to enforce the ME's decision making.

What kind of DNA testing are you guys referring to?
The ME should have done temp tests and a few other things but I don't remember what they were. We talked about it back when he was found.

Only DJ would leave him there, no one else

What kind of DNA testing are you guys referring to?
The ME should have done temp tests and a few other things but I don't remember what they were. We talked about it back when he was found.

Only DJ would leave him there, no one else

Hi Roselvr! It is the defense that keeps asking about DNA. The defense was asking I believe about DNA on the body and clothing of Brendan. Someone else might chime in if I am wrong.

bbm your statement I totally agree!

day 8, part 1, minute mark 49:55 (LadyJustice upload)...who is saying 'shut the f---up' twice? and who is he saying it to?

day 8, part 1, minute mark 49:55 (LadyJustice upload)...who is saying 'shut the f---up' twice? and who is he saying it to?

Good catch! Could it have been the cameraman, to himself? If so, not very professional. That said, I'm glad he (or whomever it was) thought the defense attorney was being a smug jerk for his random and unfunny crack about the original ME attaching a wrong page to his report. I hope the jury feels the same way about Fuschino. I know I do.

Day 8, second opinion from Dr. Falzon on autopsy confirms Brendan was smothered and had evidence of seizing (there were wounds inside his mouth indicating he bit his tongue and cheeks pressed against his teeth.

Next are the text messages between DJ and Julie.

The text messages in summary give us a picture of DJ and Julie having a fast and hard falling for each other in June, doing mushrooms in the woods, talking about running away together, then Julie saying she would get an abortion if she got pregnant because she is not ready for kids already in July.

By July 30th Julie is already talking about other guys to DJ, including guys she has slept with and STDs she might have gotten from them. (ugh she is such a disgusting <modsnip>). When he starts to get upset, she turns this around on him by making him defend seeing Sam, the mother of his child. They fight.

"I care about you so ****ing much I would do anything."

By August she is already complaining about Brendan being there and continues mentally abusing and manipulating him for several weeks up to the end, constantly trapping him in guilt and obligation.

Julie makes it clear over and over again how much she detests Sam and Brendan. The last month of their relationship is rife with mistrust and jealousy on both sides and Julie is already pressing him on getting a lawyer or cutting off contact with Sam.

"ditch on him or ditch on you, is what I'm getting."
"look, do what you think is right, do what your mind tells you to do."
Ï want to be with you but I will never ditch out on his life."
"you can't have both."
"yes you could both be in my life, but you cant make me choose"
"If and when it comes time to make a decision...what would you choose?"
" I can be with you and still have him in my life, it is you that refuses"
"So i'm number 2 priority, don't try to spin it any other way..."
"You can both be in my life, what the **** is wrong with you? Why do you make it out that way? Your perception is so twisted...He is my son, he is my life"

She continues to hound him with scenarios leading to him choosing to get rid of Brendan and put her first. He is steadfast in saying he loves Brendan and will not put her above him.

By mid-September, there is more and more guilt and pressure. He even tells her to stop and that it gives him anxiety, but she loads it on even more.

He talks about a new job he is getting. Rather than being supportive, she goes on about how it will conflict with their schedules etc and he says he would be willing to lose the job for her. Anytime he is talking about things happening in his life, or if he stands up to her, she turns the conversation to her negative outlook, feelings, doomsaying or outright blaming him for her suffering or making her suffering more than his.

This entire segment is extremely hard to listen to because she is so unbelievably toxic. She threatens to leave him for telling her she was acting like a *****, always directs the conversation to herself, and 180s on him often, is rude and insulting to Brendan ("I don't want to see your kid"), blames him and mires him in guilt. Only a few days after this fight, they are talking about getting married. The next night, she is breaking up with him. It is truly sick. He even calls her out and says she is unstable.

By October, she is making her schedule as incompatible with his as possible, and telling him they probably won't see each other till next year. During this conversation, she uses Brendan as leverage for why she should be busy every other weekend. DJ tells her they can see each other every weekend, he can get babysitters or put him to bed at his parents, she turns the conversation to making him defend himself over talking to Sam or having Sam's phone number in his phone. I mean, no wonder he is paranoid and worried about her cheating on him when she is threatening him and putting him through emotional blackmail at every single opportunity.

"I don't want to spend my precious time with your kid. I don't like him."

She lays out most of the same stuff in the Tumblr post on him here. He says, "why don't you like him, why don't you want to be a family with me? Can we stop talking like this and talk nicely please?"

" I want you to not have a kid in your life."

October is just one long breakup over 2 weeks with Julie laying it on as thick as ever.

I am sincerely so sorry that he lacked enough self esteem not to see through her and realize he and Brendan deserved so much more.

If DJ really did do this, I would allow him a temporary insanity plea. He was not in his right mind. Anyone here who has been in a toxic relationship or in the throes of the honeymoon phase of a young relationship knows how crazy it makes you.

Finally, what IMO is a key text from Julie "Do you really need me to tell you I love you when I would drive 45 minutes on the highway and back to see you for only 4 hours?"

I didn't post my really long notes about Julie's testimony - if anyone needs them let me know. The MSM article sums it up, but basically her responses were "according to the transcript." She would not answer anything based on her own memory other than select details, and tried to avoid wherever possible until the judge ordered her to testify. She also lied and then misquoted what she thought was in the report once she was in front of the jury, showing she had no interest in testifying to the actual truth.

Court is in recess until next week. The texts from Oct 12 will be presented via an expert.

Vail again thank you for your suburb note taking! I had to watch the youtube of day 8 and was flabbergasted as to how Julie manipulated DJ through the text messages. He was so in love with her that I guess he couldn't see that. I don't know why or understand how he couldn't see what she was doing. The thing is DJ didn't have to eliminate Brendan to satisfy Julie, he could have just dumped her. It was his decision to do so, even though Julie pressured him to do something about his child. DJ should have just gave up his parental rights and got a job! imo

She is utterly disgusting. What did he even see in that wretched young thing? She is so cold, so heartless, so demanding, uugghhhh....I wish they could find something to charge her with as well....maybe 'heartlessness' ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shipslady
Back