Found Deceased NJ - Daniel Connone, 23, veh & book bag found, Blairstown Twp, 16 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sjinnj

Reaction score
Car is found, but Warren County man is still missing, police say - nj.com

A Warren County man has been missing since last weekend, and police are asking for the public’s help in finding the 23-year-old.

Daniel A. Cannone was last seen Saturday on a Ring doorbell camera, Blairstown Township police said.

In the video, it appears Cannone was wearing a T-shirt, shorts and carrying a backpack, police said. He is 6 feet tall and between 161 and 180 pounds, and is known to wear black framed glasses.

Alert Issued For Missing Warren County Man, 23

Screen_Shot_2021-10-18_at_7.38.34_AM_ynvten

Daniel Cannone, 23, was last seen on a RING camera on Oct. 16, Blairstown Township police said.

Cannone was wearing a t-shirt and shorts and was carrying a backpack, though specific colors cannot be determined due to the poor image quality.

Cannone stands 6 feet tall, weighs between 161 and 180 pounds and has black-framed glasses, police said.

Cannone’s vehicle was found at the Skylands Stadium parking lot in Frankford Township, Sussex County.

The stadium holds a “Jack O’Lantern Experience” on the weekends, and police are asking attendees from the past weekend if they saw anything suspicious, or possibly saw Cannone or his vehicle.

Police have received possible leads into the Frankford and Augusta areas of Sussex County.

Investigators ask anyone with information to contact Blairstown police at 908-362-7668 or New Jersey State Police.

Very concerning. I haven’t been there in like 20 years, but the stadium seems like an odd place to leave his vehicle. It’s a small minor-league baseball stadium. There is not much around there and the landscape is flat and open.

Maybe someone stole his vehicle and met up with someone at the stadium, throwing his backpack out the window along the way?

Do you think he was going to camp out, leaving his car with his keys so he wouldn't lose them camping? Lots of woods. Stokes State Forest. Sunrise Mountain. Appalachian Trail. Or was he visiting someone local?? Wondering what was in his backpack...

Very concerning. I haven’t been there in like 20 years, but the stadium seems like an odd place to leave his vehicle. It’s a small minor-league baseball stadium. There is not much around there and the landscape is flat and open.

Maybe someone stole his vehicle and met up with someone at the stadium, throwing his backpack out the window along the way?

Do you think he was going to camp out, leaving his car with his keys so he wouldn't lose them camping? Lots of woods. Stokes State Forest. Sunrise Mountain. Appalachian Trail. Or was he visiting someone local?? Wondering what was in his backpack...
Maybe he was intoxicated and realized he should not drive.
I wonder if his phone shows he ordered and uber or a lyft?
I don't know Dan's mindset but his family seems really religious (just to note that, as it made me question my drinking theory).

Last edited:
Timeline
October 16 - Last seen on Ring doorbell camera, Blairstown Township, NJ
? - Reported Missing (10/17-10/19)
? - Car and phone found Skylands Stadium parking lot, Augusta, NJ (10/17-10/19)
? - Backpack found (?) (10/17-10/19) Know I read this but can't find where I did.
? - Reported sightings, Frankford and Augusta, NJ (10/17-10/19)

The only information I read about a backpack was that Daniel was seen on a Ring camera carrying it, not that it had been found as of yet.

Edited to remove possible rumor as to location of camera

If the dogs determined that he was near Prince of Peace Church, and his car was at Skylands stadium, his backpack was found between these two locations. Did he leave it, as he was walking? Did a medical event happen to him that he discarded his own backpack?

Timeline
October 16 - Last seen on Ring doorbell camera, Blairstown Township, NJ
? - Reported Missing (10/17-10/19)
? - Car and phone found Skylands Stadium parking lot, Augusta, NJ (10/17-10/19)
? - Reported sightings, Frankford and Augusta, NJ (10/17-10/19)
? - Reported by sister that search and rescue dogs determined his last location to be on the Sussex Branch Trail near Our Lady Queen of Peace RC Church. Branchville, NJ (10/18-10/22)
Skylands Stadium to Our Lady Queen of Peace R.C. Church - Google Maps
2.5 miles from the stadium to the church.

If the dogs determined that he was near Prince of Peace Church, and his car was at Skylands stadium, his backpack was found between these two locations. Did he leave it, as he was walking? Did a medical event happen to him that he discarded his own backpack?
I could be misremembering the backpack as I could not find it in any of the articles, it might have been another missing person case that I read that on and thought it was this one. Sorry for the confusion.

Route 206 is very heavily traveled by commuters that work in NJ and live in Pa. Pedestrians might walk on the level ground in that stretch and not right on the shoulder of that highway. But if he was near, he might have been seen by business cameras on that stretch. There is a bank, a veterinarian and a day care there. The area is loaded with farm fields and crops, mostly corn. If he headed for the Sussex Branch, he may be familiar with the Rails to Trails and on these days, it was warm, I always see walkers and hikers when I am on parts of this trail. And this is prime season, trees are just coloring up. It is heavily wooded though with swampy sections. The Sussex Branch goes for 18 miles. It was warm some nights but a little cooler last night. I hope that Dan gets found soon. The backpack left behind really worries me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back