GUILTY NJ - Daniel Griner Jr., 23 mos, dismembered, Bridgeton, Cumberland County, 8 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@inmyhumbleopinion - any news on arraignment hearing & next court date yet?

TIA! :)
I’m so sorry I didn’t reply sooner! I am having a living estate/downsizing auction on Thursday and have been very busy going through personal property items, doing repairs to the house, etc. I am going to be so happy once the auction is done!

I have looked and looked but to no avail. Whether the arraignment did take place, or it has been rescheduled again, either way, I would think there would be an update, IMO. So I just sent and an email to the author of the nj.com article JerseyGirl posted upthread to see if she could help. I will let everyone know as soon as I hear back from her.

"A Bridgeton woman accused of killing, burning and dismembering her 23-month-old son, then reporting he had been abducted, entered a not-guilty plea during her post-indictment arraignment on Monday morning.

Nakira M. Griner, 25, was indicted in June on first-degree murder and other charges in the death of Daniel Griner Jr."

Malestein noted Monday that the competency evaluation was received last week, which cleared the way for the arraignment.

“The doctor that evaluated her indicated that she was fit to proceed, which is a minimal standard,” the judge said. “She knows the nature of the proceedings and the roles of the respective parties in the courtroom.”

Mom pleads not guilty to charges she killed, burned, dismembered 23-month-old son

Last edited:
BRIDGETON – A city woman charged with beating to death and incinerating her 23-month-old son says she didn't do it.

Monday’s hearing before Judge Robert Malestein picked up where the case had stalled in July.

Malestein said the doctor’s report was received Thursday and determined Griner was sound enough to participate in court proceedings.

NJ mom Nakira Griner arraigned in son's death, pleads not guilty

Monday, November 18th:
*Hearing (@ am ET) – NJ – Daniel Griner, Jr. (23 mos) (reported missing @ 6:30pm Feb. 8, 2019, Bridgeton; found 2/9/19 @ 3am buried in yard, burned & dismembered in her purse) - *Nakira Monae Griner (24) arrested & charged (2/9/19) & indicted (6/19/19) & arraigned (10/7/19) with 1st degree murder, 2nd degree endangering the welfare of a child, 2nd degree desecration of human remains, 4th degree tampering with evidence & 2nd degree false public alarm. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Said beat toddler for not eating and not listening to her. Died from blunt force trauma & multiply bone fractures.
Court hearings from 2/14/19 thru 7/12/19 reference post #100 here:
Found Deceased - NJ - Daniel Griner Jr., 23 mos, dismembered, Bridgeton, Cumberland County, 8 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

8/26/19 Update on Arraignment hearing moved to 10/7. Had a competency evaluation. Found competent to stand trial.
10/7/19: Update: Post-indictment arraignment: Plead not guilty. Next hearing is on 11/18.

@inmyhumbleopinion - sorry to bother you but I can't access the court site - any new court dates for this *#&$( ? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

@inmyhumbleopinion - sorry to bother you but I can't access the court site - any new court dates for this *#&$( ? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif
You are never a bother, @Niner!

I couldn’t find any media coverage on the hearing that was scheduled for Monday.

I was able to access the court site, but per NJ statutes, “(o)nly defendants with a case(s) on which he or she was convicted and sentenced in Superior Court, will display in your search results.” :(
Criminal Cases: PROMIS/Gavel Public Access

The screenshot is from the Cumberland County Department of Corrections website:
2228CCCD-50BF-45C1-A538-13E2F9EB7E54.jpeg
Jail Management

I know this isn't related at all, but it gives me goosebumps, knowing that Dulce Maria Alavaz is missing from Bridgeton.

Poor darling Daniel- what a cruel and evil death this darling baby suffered. All because he wouldn't eat or listen. He probably was teething or not feeling well, and this bleep killed him. So many couples would have loved to have had a little boy like Daniel. Why do these poor babies end up with God awful parents, when there's plenty in the world that would give anything to have a precious child of their own to love, spoil, and comfort?

Looks like she had a hearing last Friday, 1/10.

Woman accused in son's death seeks to block use of police interview

Jan 11, 2020

BRIDGETON – Whether a video statement Bridgeton resident Nakira M. Griner gave hours before police charged her with killing and burning her 23-month-old son can be used as evidence was the subject of a hearing Friday in Cumberland County Superior Court.

The hearing before Judge Robert Malestein lasted about three hours but did not result in a decision.

The hearing included a partial review of the recorded interview, taken the night of Feb. 8, 2019, at the Bridgeton Police Department. The court's video review resumes in about two weeks.
[.....]
Griner, 25, is held in Cape May County's jail.

She’s probably the most hated person in our county in a long time.
She honestly tried to tell the police she was jumped and they took the stroller with Daniel in it but she still had her younger son on her? We called it extremely early because it was broad daylight. Yeah people get jumped and beat up, but no one was buying that these girls also decided to kidnap her one son for some reason?

Everyone was attacked by her family for “victim blaming” for simply pointing out her ever changing story and how it would have had to have been the perfect crime.

Everyone knows everyone. Someone would have known one of the people who did it or who talked about having “beef” with her. So it ESPECIALLY wasn’t adding up.

How dare she plead not guilty and take her husband through this trial .

Oops - looks like she had a motions hearing on Tuesday, 1/21.

Tuesday, January 21st:
*Motions (Suppression) Hearing (@ am ET) – NJ – Daniel Griner, Jr. (23 mos.) (reported missing @ 6:30pm Feb. 8, 2019, Bridgeton; found 2/9/19 @ 3am buried in yard, burned & dismembered in her purse) - *Nakira Monae Griner (24) arrested & charged (2/9/19) & indicted (6/19/19) & arraigned (10/7/19) with 1st degree murder, 2nd degree endangering the welfare of a child, 2nd degree desecration of human remains, 4th degree tampering with evidence & 2nd degree false public alarm. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Said beat toddler for not eating and not listening to her. Died from blunt force trauma & multiply bone fractures.
Court hearings from 2/14/19 thru 7/12/19 reference post #100 here:
Found Deceased - NJ - Daniel Griner Jr., 23 mos, dismembered, Bridgeton, Cumberland County, 8 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

8/26/19 Update on Arraignment hearing moved to 10/7. Had a competency evaluation. Found competent to stand trial.
10/7/19: Update: Post-indictment arraignment: Plead not guilty. Next hearing is on 11/18. 11/18/19 Update: Will not face the death penalty. Plead not guilty. Defense attorney Schultz said Monday that she intends to file a motion barring admission of any statements Griner made to police before a lawyer was assigned to her case. Griner was interviewed and charged over a weekend and Schultz wasn’t assigned to the case until the following Tuesday. Next is suppression motions hearing is 1/10/20.
1/10/20 Update: A video statement made by Griner was reviewed. Detectives on the case testified. Did not come to any conclusions, will continue on 1/21/20.
1/21/20 Update: Griner is seeking to have her statements to police after reporting the child was kidnapped during an attack barred from being admitted at a potential trial. Griner did not appear for the 2nd suppression hearing. Will continue later this week. Putting on 1/23/20.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back