AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they took the 8-yr-old’s homework with them to the park instead of finishing it at home. And that left Dulce without supervision on the playground.
And I bet everyone involved is feeling the guilt for things transpiring as they have.

That brings a lot of what-if’s into the equation.

What if they stayed at home to finish up the homework; then went to the park? Would this monster have still found another victim? Chilling to contemplate.

That poor family. Prayers to the universe for this little angel.

I am very touched by the caring remarks of the community, and how they are showing up to help. They know could have just as easily been their own child, and that there is a predator amongst them. Hopefully LE is taking a close look at who is showing up for searches and vigils....we know how these Perps get a thrill being in the midst of all that.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Absolutely! Remember GG who went to the vigil for little Jenise Wright?

To spin off your comment a little, the reason I'm dogging the location of Dulce's abductor and his van is that it makes me think he isn't an immediate local - IOW he may be from a different town or area - or else not well known to locals.

Bridgeton with a population of just under 25,000 isn't huge so the perp must have felt confident he wouldn't be recognized. Why? Is he from another town/city, new to Bridgeton, someone who avoids other people? Was the van his, was it borrowed or stolen?

Or was he in the park long enough to determine no would recognize him? If so then was he just loitering in hopes of some child wandering into his web? IMO if he hung around the park often then parents who bring their kids there often would have noticed.

I just can't get a handle on this guy. All MOO and speculation.

Is it common / usual to say “threw it on the floor” when something was actually thrown on the ground? I consider the floor to be indoors and the ground to be outside. Do some use those interchangeably. Is it regional? I live on the west coast and have never heard anyone call the ground the floor.

Yes, it’s a regional thing. I moved to the tristate from the West Coast 25 years ago and had never heard that expression before either. But it’s definitely said here. Not always and not everywhere, but it’s said.

“Thrown on the floor” can absolutely mean “thrown on the ground” and when it’s said in the context of an outdoor environment, it’s assumed that’s what’s meant.

Dulce’s mom has lived in the US at LEAST since she was 12-13 years old and gone to school here. She speaks fluent English and has no problem with the language that I’ve noticed. There’s no reason she should or would, given the number of years she’s been here and how many years she was educated here as a child.

I think it’s very safe to assume that “floor” meant “ground” or she would’ve insisted on looking in the buildings herself.

This ice cream had to be pretty melty by this point. Maybe it just fell
The choices from the ice cream section in a convenience store like that can be pretty hard to eat at first, being so solidly frozen. Perhaps he couldn't bite it right away. Depends on what kind they had - ice cream sandwich or Nutty Buddy or fudge cycle, etc. Maybe still in a wrapper as well. Tis how I eat mine so as not to drip all over myself.

Well that's why I'm asking. Over here in the Uk searches continue for days if there's any uncertainty at all. I am wondering how strong the lead is re the abduction.

ETA - it would need to be stronger than theory for local searches to be stood down here, guessing the same principles apply.
They did search Tuesday through Friday..not sure what happened Saturday, so at least 4 days. Possibly they exhausted the searchable areas.

I think it is very possible mom took Dulce and her son to the park after school and the aunt wanted to go but may have been instructed by her parent she takes the homework and finishes before she gets out to play. perhaps Dulce mom thought she could help and would only take a few minutes to complete. that is only my opinion and thoughts as to why mom had not got out of car yet.

I am not sure that I trust that three minute estimate, the mother made.

How long would it take 2 young kids, eating ice cream, to even make it to the swings? They look pretty far away.

And then the 3 yr old has to make the return trip. All that, by itself, could take more than 3 minutes.

I saw another article that said 10 minutes. That seems like a more accurate estimate. JMO
Question is : how long does it take for the ice cream to melt given the temperature ? She could be off a few minutes ...

Yeah, you make a good point. I just found it kind of surprising that he decided to take Dulce while potential witnesses were around.

I was going on Dulce's mom's interview where she said her son "just pointed behind the buildings." She didn't see the van herself so it must have been gone by then which is really fast IMO.

To be clear, I'm not saying anything about the mother, I'm trying to figure out how the witnesses were able to see the man put Dulce in the back seat. So yes, he might have been parked in sight of the people. If the son pointed to behind the buildings then he probably meant where the man actually walked off with Dulce. Without a street view option on Google Maps it's hard to imagine where everyone was.

BTW, I think someone asked earlier if they had left to get ice cream from school. Dulce's mother said they left from home.

I wonder why she says they went to an ice cream truck instead of the store?

Brilliant observations and just may be worth pointing it out to LE. When you are in it so to speak ( I mean as in the middle of the investigation) your mind is going 1000 to 1 and you cannot always think clearly and /or think through even the simplest of things and as a SIO in charge of major investigations , I have always said that the investigations are solved by us all working together as a team which includes the public ! So please, give them a quick call as it may be something that’s been overlooked and is a lead x

“Across the street are shacks where the field workers stay short term. Anyways, you normally only see 2-3 men standing outside. There are only three shacks that house about 2 men. On Sunday, there had to have been at least two dozen men standing outside. That was the first time in 20 years I've seen that many men and thought it was highly unusual.”

I wonder if the shacks have been searched.

Not that it really matters (or even makes anything more clear) but did any reports say they were in the car actually completing homework? I've only read that they were discussing it and/or that she remained in the car with a family member (no details of homework added)

While Alavez Perez spoke with her sister about the little girl’s homework in the parking lot, Dulce and Manuel ran toward the swings on the playground about 30 yards away.

Mother of 5-year-old South Jersey girl apparently abducted in Bridgeton park grieves and waits

Their mother, Noema Alavez, 19, stayed in her car about 30 meters away with an eight-year-old family member. She told the police that they had all gone to get ice cream before going to the playground

Mother of girl, 5, who disappeared from the New Jersey playground speaks out

Last edited:
Statistics on missing kids from the Klaas foundation:

National Child Kidnapping Facts
  • Nearly 90% of missing children have simply misunderstood directions or miscommunicated their plans, are lost, or have run away.
  • 9% are kidnapped by a family member in a custody dispute.
  • 3% are abducted by non-family members, usually during the commission of a crime such as robbery or sexual assault. The kidnapper is often someone the child knows.
  • Only about 100 children (a fraction of 1%) are kidnapped each year in the stereotypical stranger abductions you hear about in the news.
  • About half of these 100 children come home.
Amateur opinion and speculation only

Is it just me or does it seem to everyone that LE is very quiet? No real updates, no nothing.

Considering that there is an Amber Alert in motion for a 5 year old child, I'm used to hearing a lot. LE tends to be out front.

I'm befuddled by the whole thing.

There is something that bugs me about the description of the suspected kidnapper. I can't put my finger on it. It just seems so detailed and so perfect and yet....nothing.

I'm usually on top of these types of cases. I get a pretty good feel for what's happening and I can't get that here.

Something's missing.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members