AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're doing great MsB. Also, if you use Google, they put out really good instructional videos and youtube does too. And, as painful as it is, your phone's user manual is usually full of great information, albeit tedious.
Thank you. I just learned yesterday that Google can translate articles into English.

Maybe if I didn't spend so much time following cases, I would have more time to figure all this stuff out. I never seem to get around to it.

In the first interview with Noema, she is quoted as saying about Dulce: “She’s shy. She really doesn’t talk to people,” ... “She wouldn’t go off with a stranger. She would aways be with me or my mom. I don’t know why she just ran away"..."she just ran like that.”

In another article, she is quoted as saying: The toddler’s brother saw a man “waving his hand, like ‘come over here,'” Noema Alavez said on Sept. 24, according to CrimeOnline.

At age 5, kids are naturally cautious about strangers. With what Noema has said, this has to mean Dulce was taken by someone she knows somehow.

Police searching for 5-year-old girl who went missing Monday night in Bridgeton park

Not necessarily taken by someone she was acquainted with or knew. I say this bc when I recently read that her brother saw a man "waving his hand, like 'come over here'," my heart sank.

I grew up during the time of be home as soon as the streetlights come on, enjoying freedom to play and roam in your own neighborhood and if we were on our bikes or skates, often outside of our immediate neighborhoods, often for long periods of time.

I remember that gesture vividly as a little girl even when playing alone outside my home. There was something about the gesture which conveyed "Come here" without using any words that made me almost automatically respond. In my case, I came right up to the vehicle door. When the male reached his arm to swing open the door (he was exposed), I ran like hell.

I think a likely scenario is when the male perp beckoned her (possibly without uttering any words at all initially), she instinctually moved closer to him to hear what he would say, find out what he wanted. Once she was close, he clasped her hand & simply calmly & briskly walked away with her to his vehicle. He probably began chatting with her in order to distract her and by then it was too late. Since she has been described as both shy as well as one who would not walk away with a stranger, I think her temperament was such as not to challenge adults, scream etc.

A grew up in a major metro area and remember that gesture used by males both as a child Dulce's age and older. Males did that when I was alone, as well as when I was with other girls. Often, they did not utter a word. Simply gestured.

I'm trying to not lose hope that she will be found alive.

Folks, here’s my friendly little PSA.
Return to the scene of the crime.
Rely only on LE confirmations of fact.
Ignore the social media nonsense.
Roll & scroll.
Re-evaluate with informed opinion.
Begin anew.
Focus:
Dolce Maria Alavez
~5 years old

I know many have stated that a 3 year-old isn't likely to give an accurate description. But we've all known some 3 year-olds who could. I get the sense that this 3 year-old will be able to give detailed information...with skilled FBI investigators.
It's already been more than a week. If it hasn't happened by now then how would he give detailed information?

I don't think the majority of people think she couldn't have been involved because her nine year old sister was with her.

This is the first time I've seen it mentioned.

The only family member who actually observed the crime was the three year old.
The other accounts were from witnesses in the area.

LE has never said they suspected the mother, or any other family member to be involved.

IMO
From reading elsewhere, I see it mentioned quite frequently that “Well, we know the mom didn’t do anything because there was a 9 year old with her who would have told on her.”

I’m not at all saying the mom did anything, it appears police don’t believe she did and I see nothing to indicate she did, but the point I was trying to make is that the 9 year old being present may be an aspect to the case that has put it in the spotlight of mass media. The original post I was replying to had quoted info about how most cases that made it into mass media like that feature white children, which we all know is true. White children and white women tend to get more attention if they’re missing.

My biggest issue with this case is that I really feel like the “witness accounts” aren’t the least bit reliable based on how long it took for the info to be reported to police. I think the witnesses are trying very hard to be helpful but the info they’ve shared isn’t relevant.

I’ve seen a lot of conversation speculating that the father could have had her abducted and sent to him in Mexico, but wouldn’t that be really expensive to get someone to do that? Even if they didn’t have to pay the person doing it, there would be travel expenses involved and huge risks. It just seems unlikely he is in a position to do something so extreme. The other thing about it is, due to a possible translation error or just a misunderstanding of intent, maybe he meant he was planning to seek visitation time with Dulce and not seeking custody. A lot of people use those words interchangeably.

It's already been more than a week. If it hasn't happened by now then how would he give detailed information?
Well, he is only three years old and with the right person asking the questions they can find out if he knows more.

Elizabeth's Smarts sister didn't tell investigators that she recognized the suspect until about 7 months later, so it's possible.

IMO

I am curious about the approximately 24 people playing basketball at 4:30 on a Monday afternoon. Was this a group of kids or high schoolers or adults? A pickup game or do they regularly meet at that time? If adults and they don’t have a regular game time, could the witness description be a ruse? That time of day would be odd to have so many adults not at work?

Thank you for sharing. Interesting data. Somewhat curious that they break things down, only to a point. Asians have a category, but Hispanics are included under white. From a research perspective, it's notable. Also, there must be some Native Americans assaulted, and logic would dictate that there are some who assault. Data is always curious as far as how it is compiled and presented.

Well, he is only three years old and with the right person asking the questions they can find out if he knows more.

Elizabeth's Smarts sister didn't tell investigators that she recognized the suspect until about 7 months later, so it's possible.

IMO
Elizaveth's Smart sister was quite a bit older than 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member