AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

hollye

Reaction score
MISSING JUVENILE FROM BRIDGETON CITY DULCE MARIA ALAVEZ 5 YEAR OLD HISPANIC FEMALE LAST SEEN IN CITY PARK AREA

MISSING JUVENILE
5 YEAR OLD FEMALE GOES BY DULCE MARIA ALAVEZ LAST SEEN WEARING BROWN PANTS WITH FLOWERS AND BUTTERFLIES, PINK COLORED SHIRT WITH LONG SLEEVES AND WHITE DRESS SHOES. LAST SEEN IN BRIDGETON PARK AREA. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT 856 451-0033 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Media, Maps, Timeline thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2 -
AMBER ALERT - NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2
Thread #3 - AMBER ALERT - NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

collage-dulce-alavez-1200x840.jpg

_____

According to the Amber Alert issued by State Police, the man who took the girl is described as a light-skinned, possibly Hispanic, male, roughly 5-foot-6-inches tall. He has a thin build, no facial hair and facial acne. He was wearing orange sneakers, red pants and a black shirt. The man led Dulce from a playground to a red van with a sliding side door and tinted windows and then drove away.

Amber Alert for Dulce Alavez: Timeline, what we know about missing 5-year-old as search enters 2nd week

Media Thread: NJ - NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 Media *NO DISCUSSION*

Attachments

• 26DCE18D-599C-4436-B0E6-3D30CFE787BB.jpeg
    26DCE18D-599C-4436-B0E6-3D30CFE787BB.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN WARNING:

How a child may have been conceived X years ago has zero relevance to the fact they are now missing. Try to solve Dulce's disappearance rather than trying to dig up dirt on family members.

The next person to mention the possibility of rape will receive a permanent thread reply ban.

ETA: And stop, just STOP the victim shaming of mom and the rest of the family. That is not what WS is about. Wait for the facts to come out instead of negative speculation and bashing family members who are already traumatized over the loss of Dulce.

from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Issuing a mea culpa here !!

I had removed various posts that have been making reference to a SO in the Bridgeton area. I am reinstating them because I was wrong.

The Rules on Sex Offenders fall into a somewhat grey, fuzzy area, but generally if a sex offender has obvious ties to the area, it is okay to post about them within reason.

Please review those rules and if any questions, please let us know through private messaging and we will try to clarify.

My apologies for any confusion.

Sillybilly

https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2019/...-old-girls-safe-return-as-search-resumes.html

“Noema Alavez said Wednesday that police have suggested that a family member played a role in Dulce’s disappearance from a Bridgeton park as she played with a sibling, but she knows that’s not the case.”

“The police think our family did this,” she told NJ Advance Media. “They think I did something to her. I didn’t. I love my daughter. I would never do nothing bad to her."

“Dulce’s father is in Mexico, Alavez said, and she hasn’t been in touch with him. He still has family in the Bridgeton area, though, and they notified him of the child’s disappearance, she said.”

Perhaps someone peripheral - person saw Dulce visiting her mom? Someone followed them? Why does she say that about the police thinking she did something when there are witnesses to the brightly dressed man?

I think its great they searched the park but I honestly think its a waste of time. People saw the little girl being put into the red vehicle. She's no where near this park. The suspect obviously drove off with her. I realize they are trying to to find anything that could be of value but I don't think they are going to find anything. They really need to start looking at residential property's in my opinion. I'm honestly not trying to be rude with anything I'm saying but I just don't think they're going to find anything. There was a large crowd at the park the day Dulce went missing so I don't think the perp would chance anything as it's too risky.

(O/T, I’m reminded of Lucas Hernandez’ case when they kept searching the park (totally different case here of course).)

View attachment 206851 Buckle up, this post is a bit 'out there'. Given no news on this very sad case I've been searching for anything to possibly explain the perp clothing reference by LE. This might be a 'stretch too far'? IDK.

The orange shoes and red pants seemed distinctive IMO. Red is the traditional color of Bloods gang but then when someone made the reference to the perp being dressed like a clown then I remembered reading about another gang called the Insane Clown Posse.

Just throwing this out there as clothing colors for many gang members is very important as a means of self identification and people in neighbourhoods become attuned to IDing people based on clothing/shoes etc.

Been researching gangs in Cumberland County and gang colors etc. The only gang I could find with red pants and orange shoes would be this gang and I'm not even sure if its active in Bridgeton as I didn't see it on the last NJ Gang report from 2010. The issue with the NJ Gang report is that is was last updated in 2010 so many things could have shifted in gangland. But Bridgeton had over 600 gang members in 2010 so its a safe assumption that the number of members today is well north of 600!

This article summarises the major nationwide gangs and colors used for identification: http://www.srdtf.org/sites/srdtf.org/files/gange_recognition_epd.pdf

Insane Clown Posse:

Newest to the world of street gangs, the Insane Clown Posse (ICP) originated as fans of the Detroit born horrorcore band the Insane Clown Posse (Psychopathic Records Label). Band members,
Violent J (Joseph Bruce) and Shaggy 2 Dope (Joseph Utsler), attest they do not promote
the gang persona. In a live performance, Bruce addressed the audience as “Juggalos” which stuck as a name for male members. Females are called “Juggaletts”.

ICP is known for their outlandish clown make-up and associate with the “Hatchet man” symbol. ICP members do not believe they are a gang but rather a “family” which is ideal to attract migratory and homeless youth. They favor the colors red, orange and black. Crimes include robberies and assaults where members are armed with edged weapons.

Juggalos – Subcultures and Sociology[/QUOTE. I asked about gang activity way back in thread one and someone shot that down. I still think it is possible.

I agree. So many men into sports wear orange or green sneakers these days, with casual work clothes and/or work-out clothes. This is not unusual in urban or latino/a/x culture that is influenced by current music and fashion. On a b-ball court, he would not stand out at all IMO.

Personally I don’t find the outfit that unusual. While outlandish for most -it is not really that uncommon in urban fashion. A lot of guys don’t give much if any thought into what they are wearing (especially if just a tee shirt and sweatpants)
Someone who buys orange sneakers isn’t so much thinking what can I match these with - it’s more the “sneaker head” mentality to
use them as an accessory.

That said- I don’t completely rule out the gang theory even possibly some type of smaller informal version or an individual that did this as some type of retaliatory action -for something owed him from someone/somehow associated with Dulce extended family that they may not even been aware of ?
Stranger things have happened - it may have just been perp seizing perfect opportunity but I lean more toward someone either followed them into the park or knew they were going to be there but just my opinion.

Yes, the concept of discussing gangs was dismissed by many but it seems that gangs are a part of the culture in Cumberland County and to dismiss their presence for any number of the issues previously cited might do the investigation a disservice. I would think LE has actively pursued the local gangs for information and given the number of gangs that are present in Cumberland County this is no small job.

N.J. Amber Alert update: Mom pleads for abducted 5-year-old girl’s safe return as search resumes

“Noema Alavez said Wednesday that police have suggested that a family member played a role in Dulce’s disappearance from a Bridgeton park as she played with a sibling, but she knows that’s not the case.”

“The police think our family did this,” she told NJ Advance Media. “They think I did something to her. I didn’t. I love my daughter. I would never do nothing bad to her."

“Dulce’s father is in Mexico, Alavez said, and she hasn’t been in touch with him. He still has family in the Bridgeton area, though, and they notified him of the child’s disappearance, she said.”

Perhaps someone peripheral - person saw Dulce visiting her mom? Someone followed them? Why does she say that about the police thinking she did something when there are witnesses to the brightly dressed man?
LE always has to rule out family in the beginning. They probably questioned her about her family or people that are close to the family, asking if she could think of any reason someone might have taken her.
The best case scenario would be that she is safe with a family member but it doesn't sound like that's the case.
There is still hope. Maybe we will hear something tommorrow. Imo

the license plate capture takes actual photos. they should still be able to access them 24 hours later.

Automated License Plate Readers (ALPRs)

They didn’t announce the red van to the public until more than 24 hours after Dulce’s disappearance. Even if the authorities had the vehicle description much sooner, that red van could have been hundreds of miles away already.

and cameras are mounted on police cars, which no one can predict where they will be at any given time.

Not necessarily. We have seen cases where criminals make stupid mistakes time after time.

I'm pretty sure Chris Watts, Patrick Frazee, Fotis Dulos, Derion Vance, and many others were unaware they were captured on camera until after the fact.

IMO

I thought it was a bit contradictory to hold Noema's bf in ICE custody while asking others to come forward with info and not worry about ICE.

There were several stories that support what I said.

Mom of missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez avoiding public after critical comments about her behavior

‘Enough is enough’ - ICE official blasts New Jersey’s ‘sanctuary’ directive

Deportation fears do not help search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez, state AG says

NJ AG worries immigrants scared of ICE have information on missing 5-year-old girl they haven’t shared with police

New Jersey AG Moves to Block 2 Counties’ ICE Cooperation

Please post a link supporting your statement that ICE is assisting in the search for Dulce as that is NOT what any local media has reported that I’ve seen and in fact, our attorney general has moved to block any state level cooperation with this federal entity because of their interference with the search for Dulce. Our state attorney general has stated several times that the fears of deportation are hindering this investigation. The people of Bridgeton aren’t cowards; they aren’t hiding and no one is “fanning the flames”. This is the reality of the people of this community. I hope you aren’t going to question our highest level of law enforcement in the state as well.

ICE does not recover missing children. They have one directive and one directive only. Their actions in our state are part of an ongoing political battle and have not only nothing to do with helping find Dulce, they have greatly hindered in finding her. No one needs ICE to seek out a sex offender. State law enforcement and the FBI can do that just fine with their assistance.

I’ve worked with immigrants and lived in areas with heavy immigrant populations. If an immigrant comes forward with “information” and gets deported, then their child just DID go missing, for all intents and purposes. And yes, immigrant communities WILL continue to be victimized by heinous criminals so long as we allow it. Personally, I’m frustrated that ICE interfered the way they did but I’m proud of my state’s leadership for taking a strong stand against their interference on behalf of the best interests of this missing little girl and others like her.

I'm new to this website, although I have been here several times during different cases. I also find it sad that Dulce has been missing for 2 weeks and her story is fading, probably because she is Hispanic and not white. I think because her mother faced so much backlash, instead of speaking out she is isolating herself, and that is helping the case disappear. Mollie Tibbets was in the media every single day until she was found, but a lot of that had to do with the people who loved her loudly advocating for her through all channels, via news and social media.

I don't think that Dulce was taken by someone not local. I think the person knew the park and saw an opportunity or was perhaps following them or had seen them before. The mother is 19 years old. She is pregnant with her 3rd child. She is very young and despite her having 3 kids, is likely immature in many ways.

I found pictures of someone, a hispanic male, who frequents that park, who owns bright orange sneakers, and drives a red vehicle, but it's not a van..I emailed that information to the police chief in Bridgeton yesterday. Bright orange shoes, to me, are not that common. I also found an old picture, maybe 3 years old, of his children at that park, and there's a little girl sitting with them who looks a lot like Dulce, age 3. She has very specific eyes. This is all speculation on my part, and this is all my own opinion. There were other details about this person that seemed off, but he works a job that would have been off at that time.

I think that someone knows something and they are too afraid to come forward for fear of immigration status, given what is currently going on in this country. That fear is real and warranted and I feel is hindering the progress in this case.

In this case, the lack of solid information and no pressers, are adding to the case losing press presence. The press can only regurgitate the same details for so long before people become disheartened, frustrated, perhaps even afraid due to LE being stymied. I am not so sure that in this case the fact that she's a U.S. citizen of Hispanic origin has had much influence on the lack of media presence.

Additionally, it's easy to elicit stories about an adult. They've lived longer, interacted with more people, and their contemporaries can give detailed accounts about them. A 5 year-old has barely begun to live. Those stories and details that allowed us to feel like we really got to "know" MT, unfortunately, they just aren't there for little Dulce. Social media is another avenue that people can explore and get to know, in a sense, a missing adult. That is also not available with a 5 year-old.

I wonder if Mom, friends, or family have any cellphone video of her or some way, without a presser...since they don't seem to be coming, to keep providing information? Even if it's not details about the abduction, it's still information about Dulce. That will help keep this in the forefront of people's minds.

True, from following cases here there are some murderers who are predators of vulnerable victims of any age and others who have a type so we can't really rule anything out. What complicates Dulce's case IMO is that she was far enough away from her mother that the perp felt that he could isolate and grab her. So was it an abduction of convenience or had he been watching her? Right now we have no clue.

I still think he may have crossed paths with Dulce and/or her family at some time in the past but they wouldn't be aware of it, so maybe someone in the neighborhood or a store clerk, someone from church etc..

However, it bothers me that no one has spoken up to say they know a man who drives a red van or resembles the perp's description. He very well could be someone who was just passing through and saw an opportunity, maybe even driving through the park looking for a victim. If it goes beyond people being afraid due to immigration status then it may be that no one recognizes the description of him or the van which again implies someone not from the immediate neighborhood.

Call me an optimist but I believe anyone regardless of immigration status who has a hunch would come forward even if anonymously so unless someone suspects a friend or loved one and is protecting him it looks like this man is a stranger. MOO.

I hope LE knows more than us!

I agree with your optimism!

“NEW JERSEY – It's a video that's heartbreaking: Dulce Maria Alavez singing, "Let it go" from the movie "Frozen," long before she disappeared.”

“Officials were able to reach Dulce's father Tuesday by telephone in Mexico, where he lives.

Today, they aren't giving any details on the progress made from that conversation.”

AMBER ALERT: Forensic expert offers insight into search for missing NJ girl Dulce Alavez
Friday, September 27, 2019 8:03PM

So glad they have video of her singing to share with everyone. While it's not video of the abduction, it's video of her. And what parent couldn't relate to that precious video and the fear of your child being abducted? Details like this will keep the story in the news. #PrayersForDulce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member