AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. The mother saw the ice cream on the ground, heard the story from her son, and misspoke where she said "floor" instead of "ground".

Maybe a witness will come forward to tell us what the suspect looks like - the person who threw the ice cream on the ground, the person who allegedly chased the child, the man in orange shoes. If there is no witness other than the 3 year old, then we have to rely on the mother to translate and interpret what the child is saying. Everyone who has had a child knows that language takes time.

I believe the ice cream and direction where Dulce was taken, I don't believe the "two men chasing a five year old in heels around the swing set" story.

View attachment 208014
What exactly was said about two men chasing her? I missed that part in the 911 call. Did the mom say someone told her that they saw two men chasing her?

"Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae said Friday the lack of evidence in the case led her to believe Dulce was taken out of Bridgeton.

“I would think that, because of the amount of law enforcement that has been in this area and has contributed to this investigation, that it may be probable that she’s not in this area,” Webb-McRae said."

Volunteers scour Bridgeton woods as Dulce Alavez search enters fourth week

"The unsolved disappearance has left residents who once felt secure in the largely Latino community fearful another child could become a victim. Bridgeton Mayor Albert Kelly said the singular, tragic incident did not define the city.

“People are still utilizing the park,” he said. “People are just keeping a close watch on the kids.”

Nonsense. The prosecutor is stating that because a lot of officers have not found the child, she must be somewhere else.

That's illogical. That's like saying: I can't find something that was here, therefore it isn't here.

Not good enough. Dulce was in Bridgeton, and someone who was in Bridgeton took her. Regardless of where he put her, he has connections to that location and it is the responsibility of the prosecutor in Bridgeton to find her, even if Dulce isn't Bridgeton anymore.

Sheesh ... what is wrong with the prosecutor!

What exactly was said about two men chasing her? I missed that part in the 911 call. Did the mom say someone told her that they saw two men chasing her?

We know the mother saw nothing of the abduction, so the only witnesses to men chasing her daughter are apparently witnesses she spoke to before she called police ... a black man and an hispanic man were chasing her daughter. Maybe not.

The mother saw nothing and knows nothing other than she was sitting in the car, two children in her care were unattended at the park and one was abducted. It was maybe 10 minutes before she noticed. Maybe 3.

Bingo. I've lived in Cumberland County my entire life and the biggest concern for parents have been injuries/getting lost. We are generally a community that doesn't mess with kids. Not even "gangs".

Also, very few verified Blood members in the county. I know them.
Yes, but LE searched extensively in/around the area where Dulce was last seen, drained a pond, had bloodhounds search and did not find Dulce in the park.

Its also doubtful that if she wandered off she would have gotten very far with the footwear she had on (white heels) between the heels and the smooth soles.

Has anyone local heard anything about the public search that happened today?

We know the mother saw nothing of the abduction, so the only witnesses to men chasing her daughter are apparently witnesses she spoke to before she called police ... a black man and an hispanic man were chasing her daughter. Maybe not.

The mother saw nothing and knows nothing other than she was sitting in the car, two children in her care were unattended at the park and one was abducted. It was maybe 10 minutes before she noticed. Maybe 3.
Yes, I know the other details but I didn't hear anything about two men chasing her until after the 911 call was released. I just wondered where that info came from.
So apparently that information is not reliable since she was told that when she was looking for her. It may have been two men with another child that others saw.
It does not fit with LE's statement that they believe she was lured away. Imo

Nonsense. The prosecutor is stating that because a lot of officers have not found the child, she must be somewhere else.

That's illogical. That's like saying: I can't find something that was here, therefore it isn't here.

Not good enough. Dulce was in Bridgeton, and someone who was in Bridgeton took her. Regardless of where he put her, he has connections to that location and it is the responsibility of the prosecutor in Bridgeton to find her, even if Dulce isn't Bridgeton anymore.

I got the sense that the Prosecutor made that stmt in part due to the out of area tips that have been received and tracked back on in order to confirm/deny. We don't know if maybe one of these out of town tips checked out or not. I sensed a good deal of frustration both from the Prosecutor and the Chief in that so many hours have been invested in trying to find Dulce but there appears to be very little to work with unfortunately. IMO one of the most animated and definitive moments in the conference was when the Chief very clearly and loudly stated that, "nobody has been cleared". Given that 2 weeks have passed and even though the Prosecutor said the family was cooperating with LE, this is a strong statement and sent a clear message to the community.

I do wonder though whether LE believes there is any public danger following Dulce going missing? Maybe they don't even have enough information at this point to advise the public about the potential for additional danger.

I do wish LE had given an update on the status of some of the dangerous people that were on the ICE list to at least let the public know that some of them had been captured. The sex offender from Cumberland County that was on the ICE list was still at large when I last checked the ICE list.

MOO

@otto does it seem likely to you that 2 small children would be able to sit on swings while eating ice creams? Dulce had a cup so had to hold the cup and use the wooden spoon to scoop out the ice and then eat it. Seems to me this would be challenging for a 5 yo, let alone a 3 yo.

I think at five I might have tried to hold myself on the swing with my inner elbows while I ate ice cream/italian ice out of a cup, largely because it's probably something I'd also try to do now in my 40s, lol. (If my hands are full, I'll try anything to multitask!) Plus, a tasty treat was involved.

Anvato Universal Player

Family, friends and total strangers refuse to give up hope Dulce Alavez will be found, despite the three weeks she has been gone.
upload_2019-10-6_22-55-2.png

“We need answers,”
And, 11 miles away, a woman snapped a photo of a parked red van with a mattress inside, near some woods. Was it the one police are looking for?

“I called the FBI, which took so long, but to get through to somebody that would be able to investigate. It could be an innocent thing, but it’s a tip. Every tip is important,” explained the volunteer.
Dulce Alavez search continues; family, friends refuse to give up hope of finding her

Yeah, I thought that statement was strange, too.
I can't imagine why they would say that unless they have clear evidence that she was taken somewhere else.

I would think they would be asking for the public's help. Someone must know this person. They need to remind people to look for changes in behavior and keep people focused on what to look for, like they did in the beginning.

They need the media to keep the story alive so people don't give up hope and just assume there's no point in searching because she's far from the area. Imo

There’s a maintenance road going out of the park behind the two buildings beside the playground.
Google Maps
I know of the maintenance road that cross the water a little northeast of the playground and I see the maintenance road that runs north of Jeddy's Pond parallel to Burt's Road but this close up does not show any crossing of the water and Jeddy's Pond to the south.

Okay folks, we don't have staff or time to keep reminding members over and over again about Websleuths' victim friendly rule and having to remove such posts and snip responses.

Don't say you weren't warned by Mods/Admins and even veteran members who tried to keep this thread on track. And don't message to ask why you are on a Thread Reply Ban.

Last edited:
Not at all. The mother saw the ice cream on the ground, heard the story from her son, and misspoke where she said "floor" instead of "ground".

Maybe a witness will come forward to tell us what the suspect looks like - the person who threw the ice cream on the ground, the person who allegedly chased the child, the man in orange shoes. If there is no witness other than the 3 year old, then we have to rely on the mother to translate and interpret what the child is saying. Everyone who has had a child knows that language takes time.

I believe the ice cream and direction where Dulce was taken, I don't believe the "two men chasing a five year old in heels around the swing set" story.

View attachment 208014

So do you think the “they” she referenced on the 911 call is her son? And she didn’t say my son told me...she said they told me. We are a bilingual household here. I understand the “they” when conjugations get difficult or just aren’t familiar, but not the useage of “they” if it were her son who told her.

If she had just put on fresh laundered clothing minutes before would that add a challenge to a track dogs job — maybe not having a scent except the laundry scent? Additionally, Can dogs trace scents of say, someone who was given a piggy back ride?

Could the dog have tracked Dulce's brother's scent for that hour, or would their scent be completely different from each other? I realize they both have different fathers, but I don't know if a tracking dog can differentiate a sister from a brother in general?

Thank you @Podengo for answering my question:

"Dogs are trained to follow a scent even when a person is being carried. It’s about the skin cells that we shed."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member