AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope all areas where she may have disappeared by herself have been exhaustively checked.
Respectfully snipped.

And this is what is giving me heartburn. Did they mark on a map the areas that have been checked? How well did they check them..elbow to elbow or 30 foot spacing? What was the training level of the searchers? Did they use any specialized equipment? Where did the dog track Dulce? An example of technology, if they had searched the park by air that same day after nightfall with a FLIR unit, Dulce would have shown up as a heat signature, even if she was laying down, if she was still in the park.

Usually a specially trained dog right?

Correct. Ground Scent - Bloodhounds and Air Scent - Various breeds. Almost no family dog is a SAR dog and few LE dogs are trained SAR dogs.

The subject has the highest chance of survival if specialized SAR resources are brought in ASAP. Bloodhounds and Trackers following the trail. Air Scent dogs and handlers working in from down wind. FLIR drone or helicopter equipped with FLIR working from above after nightfall.

The only people we know of who have come forward with information are basketball players/park goers from that afternoon, most of which it seems LE had to track down themselves by going over their body cam footage from when they were on scene and then the witness who came forward nearly a month later to provide a description of the man in the sketch that LE recently released.

I agree with the above post from @Steelslady; the local community wasn't coming forward to help quickly & willingly and that was prior to the "mom's boyfriend detained by ICE situation"

I do agree that another presser or some word from LE to remind residents that they are still working the case would be helpful. Clarification that everyone is eligible for the $52,000 reward might be helpful too.

Can any locals give some insight on the residents there in terms of if it's possible someone who knows something might not be aware of LE/other govt. officials saying that immigration status does not matter, that there is a reward and that they desperately need info? Would non-English speaking residents even be watching the local news/Press Conferences? I know they had translators at a couple of them, but would someone who doesn't speak or understand English have even been tuning in to those local news channels? Were Spanish-speaking local channels interrupting regularly scheduled programming to live-stream the LE press conferences?

Your last paragraph is exactly why the family is asking for volunteers to help them this weekend. Besides the ground search, they are going to areas where people may not know that Dulce is missing.

"Volunteers also plan to go door-to-door with missing person flyers, hitting various parts of Bridgeton, partly to reach people who do not have access to social media and may not have all the available information."

Missing girl's family plans 3rd park search this weekend

I'm also afraid she ran into the wooded area and got stuck, fell into something, wandered too far, etc.

But I truly believe LE isn't taking this seriously because they think mom is involved. I think the community isn't coming out to search or help because they think mom is involved.

I might be a bit biased (my GR plays hide & seek with my kiddos & ALWAYS finds them!), but I think SAR dogs are just AMAZING!
Do police not have any SAR dogs on their force? MOO
Yes - my aunt has a dog that goes out on farmland to round up the kids for supper, and does it with missile like precision. (A border collie). That dog has been bred to herd, and has been habituated on the practice of rounding up the kids. A scenting dog isn't working from a habituated motion, just scent.

Maybe the brothers dog was habituated to "round up" Dulce and the little brother?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Yes - my aunt has a dog that goes out on farmland to round up the kids for supper, and does it with missile like precision. (A border collie). That dog has been bred to herd, and has been habituated on the practice of rounding up the kids. A scenting dog isn't working from a habituated motion, just scent.

Maybe the brothers dog was habituated to "round up" Dulce and the little brother?

Oh my! How sweet!!!
I think that’s possible! MOO

I might be a bit biased (my GR plays hide & seek with my kiddos & ALWAYS finds them!), but I think SAR dogs are just AMAZING!
Do police not have any SAR dogs on their force? MOO
Yes they do. Once when I was subbing Kindergarten in a nearby town, the state cops came and did a demonstration with their dog. In fact, I've seen that several different times in the different elementary schools in the area - guy hides, dog get scent and dog finds guy. These cops and dogs are from Salem/Cumberland Counties. Dulce is missing from Cumberland.

When I was teaching at the high school, we often had drug sniffing dogs come through the building, so there are different types of search animals on these police forces.

Yes they do. Once when I was subbing Kindergarten in a nearby town, the state cops came and did a demonstration with their dog. In fact, I've seen that several different times in the different elementary schools in the area - guy hides, dog get scent and dog finds guy. These cops and dogs are from Salem/Cumberland Counties. Dulce is missing from Cumberland.

When I was teaching at the high school, we often had drug sniffing dogs come through the building, so there are different types of search animals on these police forces.
Thank you! I did not know that!
I always assumed police did not have their own SAR dogs because oftentimes I hear LE has called them into their investigations. MOO

Correct. Ground Scent - Bloodhounds and Air Scent - Various breeds. Almost no family dog is a SAR dog and few LE dogs are trained SAR dogs.

The subject has the highest chance of survival if specialized SAR resources are brought in ASAP. Bloodhounds and Trackers following the trail. Air Scent dogs and handlers working in from down wind. FLIR drone or helicopter equipped with FLIR working from above after nightfall.
Does anyone remember if dogs were used when they searched the park other then the first day when they lost her scent?
I thought they did during the first week but now I can't remember.

Imo

Does anyone remember if dogs were used when they searched the park other then the first day when they lost her scent?
I thought they did during the first week but now I can't remember.

Imo

I found articles showing the dogs pictured and date it posted:
Saint Bernard Sept.17th

Collie type? I am not sure of the breed the 16th and 18th
Alec the Bloodhound the 19th
A Shepard the 2oth
Another article with a Shepard was posted on the 25th
On searches after these dates, dogs may have not been mentioned in articles.

I also wonder if the dogs pictured on the dates shown, may have searched on an earlier date and the website that picked up the story posted it days later.

Police searching for 5-year-old girl who went missing Monday night in Bridgeton park

Amber Alert Issued for Missing 5-Year-Old Girl in Bridgeton, Last Seen Being Led From Playground Toward Red Van

Steve Keeley on Twitter

Search for Dulce Maria Alavez Continues, Reward Increased to $30K | Sarah the Web Girl | 102.3 WSUS

The Disappearance and Search for Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Alavez

Attachments

• bh33XRT7PBT5FUNCXGCGXW7RVXFY.jpg
    bh33XRT7PBT5FUNCXGCGXW7RVXFY.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 26
  • colDSC_1295.jpg
    colDSC_1295.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 30
  • sbEEq2L0aXYAIGTM1.jpg
    sbEEq2L0aXYAIGTM1.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 2514690418_f520.jpg
    2514690418_f520.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 29
  • dulQLCO23M7ZJAYFER2NH5H22BX7I.jpg
    dulQLCO23M7ZJAYFER2NH5H22BX7I.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Pictured are Dulce’s grandfather, Noema, little brother MA and aunt. You can’t see Noema’s face as they said she is keeping a lower profile due to criticism.
"Volunteers also plan to go door-to-door with missing person flyers, hitting various parts of Bridgeton, partly to reach people who do not have access to social media and may not have all the available information."

Missing girl's family plans 3rd park search this weekend

Covering the face and head down, unlike anyone else in the picture. I don’t get it. Her bf is 27 and plenty old enough to be protective. She’s just alone it seems.
So she has to hide her face in public? What the heck? Her boyfriend, friends, neighbors aren’t even standing with her to show support. :(

I read somewhere that Noema would be given a polygraph after giving birth. I know people were speculating why she just wouldn’t volunteer for one in order to erase any doubt - I guess maybe pregnancy may interfere with accuracy it never occurred to me? I know they are not always accurate anyway...

So she has to hide her face in public? What the heck? Her boyfriend, friends, neighbors aren’t even standing with her to show support. :(

This is sad to me on multiple levels. I’ve really never seen a situation where the mother of a missing child feels the need to cover her face while in the act of appealing for people to help in the search. And very sad that she has so few people there to support her.

It’s also sad because I can’t help but feel this makes her look even more suspicious to those people who already think she is. The “PR aspect” of it is not helpful IMO. The face covering and posture could be interpreted as shame (not by me but could be to others). And I’m in no way saying that to pick apart her actions like people did about her eating pizza, etc,- but as a comment regarding her specific and purposeful actions here of trying to stay out of the public eye. I wish she had people better advising and helping her.

It’s like she and her family are having to fly by the seat of their pants and there is no proper oversight or council on how to handle this tragedy.

MOO.

Covering the face and head down, unlike anyone else in the picture. I don’t get it. Her bf is 27 and plenty old enough to be protective. She’s just alone it seems.

She seems alone, I feel the same for Dulce's grandmother. The last two videos I watched the camera shows Norma in the background during the family news conferences. She is standing alone, her eyes closed. Arms crossed on her chest and rocking back and forth.

She has to be consumed with overwhelming sadness, not knowing where her nieta is. I hope someone is helping her through this, Noema too. Everyone close to Dulce.

he rounds up the kids for their dinner, not his, right?

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member