AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Community clergy support....

Rev. Bernardo Garcia, pastor at the family’s church in Bridgeton, spoke Wednesday about the importance of not giving up.

“On behalf of the Alavez family, we would like to thank every one of you for all the love, support, time and effort that has been put into looking for Dulce Maria through this difficult time,” he said. “We will never give up on you, Dulce Maria, and we are asking you, the public, to not give up on her. We still have hope and faith that she will be returned home safely.”
Something that the pastor could say that might be helpful given the community's fear of Immigration is to offer to act as middleman for anyone who has information.

Reassurance of anonymity from a religious professional might encourage someone to share their information. IMO.

However, by now I think that any important lead may have already been shared as it's hard to imagine a community whose members are so afraid as to hold back on important information while their neighbors suffer. IMO the person who took Dulce just got lucky.

Hopefully the perp will eventually tell someone who in turn calls LE. Something has to break because this man will do it again to some other unfortunate child. People like him don't stop until they're caught. MOO.

Something that the pastor could say that might be helpful given the community's fear of Immigration is to offer to act as middleman for anyone who has information.

Reassurance of anonymity from a religious professional might encourage someone to share their information. IMO.

However, by now I think that any important lead may have already been shared as it's hard to imagine a community whose members are so afraid as to hold back on important information while their neighbors suffer. IMO the person who took Dulce just got lucky.

Hopefully the perp will eventually tell someone who in turn calls LE. Something has to break because this man will do it again to some other unfortunate child. People like him don't stop until they're caught. MOO.
Yes, I find it hard to believe that there is not someone out there who knows this person.
Someone must at least suspect him.
Someone must recognize the person in the sketch. He himself knows who he is. Why has he not come forward? After all this time he must know that Dulce is missing and that he was there that day.
I'm glad the searchers are going door to door today. I hope they show everybody the sketch.
I wish LE would hold another PC and appeal to the public to come forward if they know this person.

Imo

Yes, I find it hard to believe that there is not someone out there who knows this person.
Someone must at least suspect him.
Someone must recognize the person in the sketch. He himself knows who he is. Why has he not come forward? After all this time he must know that Dulce is missing and that he was there that day.
I'm glad the searchers are going door to door today. I hope they show everybody the sketch.
I wish LE would hold another PC and appeal to the public to come forward if they know this person.

Imo
I really think the key to getting useful information is in the hands of the local Clergy. It seems that perhaps some of the Citizenry is concerned about coming forward due to immigration status. If I am interpreting this correctly, the Clergy is our best hope to collect info.

Hopefully the locals realize that this Perp is moving undetected in their community and that *their* children aren't safe either.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I just read this in the Asbury Park Press.

NJ's 10 most dangerous cities listed in new ranking. Here's who made the list.

RoadSnacks is out with their list of the top 10 most dangerous cities in New Jersey.

According to its website, RoadSnacks is a media company that compiles recent data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Census, OpenStreetMaps and other sources to produce "infotainment" rankings of neighborhoods, counties, cities and states across the country.

Here are the 10 most dangerous cities in New Jersey for 2020, according to RoadSnacks:

No. 5: Bridgeton

In fifth-ranked Bridgeton, violent and property crime rates have both increased approximately 11% between 2015-17, according to the report.

'There is a lot of evil out there':Search for missing NJ girl, 5, goes on

Bridgeton:
New Jersey hotel murderer gets 50-year prison sentence

NJ's 10 most dangerous cities listed in new ranking. Here's who made the list.

Thanks! It seems like some msm sites don't get picked up by Google very quickly.

From the link:
Lopez was one of a few dozen volunteers who joined the search, which was organized by Alavez’s family. Like most searchers, Lopez lives outside of Bridgeton, in Vineland; others Sunday came from much more distant places, like Reading, Pa. and Staten Island, N.Y. Despite ongoing media coverage of the girl’s disappearance, few community members who are not related to Dulce have joined the search efforts in recent weeks.
The family has held three searches this month, combing various parts of the city. Last week’s volunteers included a church group that traveled to New Jersey from Virginia. On Sunday, police chaplains from the region and from out of state showed up despite sometimes drenching rain.
As search for Dulce Maria Alavez enters sixth week, out-of-town volunteers outnumber locals in helping family look for her

I'm not understanding the lack of compassion to at least the Grandparents... If there are local people who believe mom was involved, that's their right I suppose, but of the people with that belief, do they ALL also believe the grandparents were involved as well?
Where are the community members who support the grandparents regardless of their thoughts about the mother? Why aren't they searching or passing out flyers?

Can any locals give us an idea of the overall feel of the community now, several weeks later? Is no one afraid that there is possibly a kidnapper, who is likely living in or near their community?

This is sad that not very many locals are helping. I know there are some, and some local businesses but not enough.
Possibly they have helped in the past. I think we on WS keep the interest among ourselves. I could maybe see locals just knowing what else to do if they've contributed to searches and tips already. JMO

The good news is that people from out of town are showing up and that they are still aware of Dulce being missing.. I don't see it in the local papers or on the Philly news stations anymore.

Last edited:
So everyone in Bridgeton is afraid of being deported? People have to come from out of town/state? This just makes me so sad.
I don't know why the tips can't be anonomous.
Crimestoppers was heavily involved in Cupcake's case and apparently there is a way to remain anonomous and still get the reward money.

Imo

I don't know why the tips can't be anonomous.
Crimestoppers was heavily involved in Cupcake's case and apparently there is a way to remain anonomous and still get the reward money.

Imo
From Bridgeton City Police Department

• Anyone wishing to remain anonymous can use the TIP411 text service to report information or a crime to the Bridgeton Police by texting "Bridgeton" plus your tip to 847411.
  • If you use the TIP411 text line, no one can find out your identity, as no records are maintained by the mid-west company that operates the service and New Jersey Courts have no authority in other states

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cortneyrose