AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem guys. One thing i wanted to mention is i couldnt believe the number of little kids that looked 4-10 yrs old with absolutely no parents in sight. It made me upset knowing what just happened.
I'm just wondering if folks don't believe that this was a stranger abduction and have let their guards down. Word on the street gets around (rumors) and perhaps folks are taking a laxed attitude. I am NOT condoning that at all, I just want to make that clear. For some reason, it appears that others don't seem to share the same concerns we all do here and elsewhere.

I'm just wondering if folks don't believe that this was a stranger abduction and have let their guards down. Word on the street gets around (rumors) and perhaps folks are taking a laxed attitude. I am NOT condoning that at all, I just want to make that clear. For some reason, it appears that others don't seem to share the same concerns we all do here and elsewhere.
Statistically, a complete stranger abduction is not high on the list. This was more likely perpetrated by someone known.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The saddest part of all is that this child of tender years is probably correct in what happened, but because the Mom said he was non-verbal, it's put seeds of doubt in many posters' minds. Again, LE needs to clarify these issues- the public is now probably not taking this serious as before, because details keep getting added or discounted.

ITA

This investigation seems to remind me of the investigation for Jacob Wetterling. The authorities in that case focused on the wrong thing early on, when the criminal was known to them locally. Jacob’s family went through years of agony missing their son and feeling forced to take tip phone calls from the general public at all hours, and endured unending guilt about letting him ride his bicycle that evening.

I feel so much sympathy for Dulce’s mom and her whole family. It sounds like they are struggling with generational poverty and lack of education and resources. Adding in the adversarial relationship authorities have with members of their community, and the blame spotlight being placed on Noemi, they must feel so scared and helpless.

I hope Dulce is found safe, and this is not a Jacob Wetterling outcome.

Statistically, a complete stranger abduction is not high on the list. This was more likely perpetrated by someone known.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Statistically, if this was a stranger abduction, the chances of Dulce being found alive are very slim.
If someone close to the family abducted her, then someone or several people know who he is or even where Dulce is. I would hope someone would come forward, especially now that the reward is higher.

That it has been so long and LE seem to have no leads tells me the chances of a stranger abduction is more likely.
There has to be a trail, if someone is travelling with her it's very strange that there have been no sightings of her or the man, or the vehicle. Nothing at all.
I would think someone would have had to have planned very well to take her far away or out of the country undetected.
Of course that would be the best outcome, as long as she is safe and alive and can be reunited with her family.
It's not looking that way, though.

Imo

Yes, that's the way I understand it, but some have suggested it was a different child who provided the description of the man and the red van.
The only children that have been mentioned are the three year old and the young boy they interviewed later, but that was long after the description had been given. Imo
DA wouldn't either deny or confirm if a child of tender years is Dulce's brother. I personally don't think it's Dulce's brother. How would he even see the van from where he was at?

DA wouldn't either deny or confirm if a child of tender years is Dulce's brother. I personally don't think it's Dulce's brother. How would he even see the van from where he was at?
I don't know who else it could be. He was the only one who saw him motioning to her as far as I can tell. There are spaces between the buildings where he could have seen a car and we don't know how far away or how close he was from Dulce when she was taken. LE also stated there were no other children on the playground and the only other child that was mentioned was the young boy they interviewed later.

Imo

I'm back. So I spent my day driving through Vineland/Millville/Bridgeton through the back roads. I drove through the park. IMO & my grandma's (lived here for 30 years), this wasn't an opportunity stranger abduction. I don't wanna get kicked off the forum or break any rules so I'm just gonna keep some of the speculation we discussed during the drive.

Also, it's extremely lax in the area still. Kids walking home from bus stops, walking to stores, just hanging out in general. The opportunity would have been a lot easier in any other part of town. The park is not something someone out of town would just come across and actually know how to navigate. Once again. JUST IMO.

I will say, I have confirmation from a former classmate of mine that her daughter was lured by an older white male with blonde/light brown hair, in a NEW Black Dodge Ram in Elmer from in front of the grandparents house. He stopped to say " Hey do you want any-" and her daughter ran inside knowing that is a phrase of stranger danger. He actually proceeded to circle the block AGAIN after the girl had ran inside the house. The sheriff was notified.

Literally fits zero of the description for Dulce's case. So not connected. But I found this strange. And at the same time there were also two separate reports of child luring in Delaware County PA.

It's getting weird out here.

I don't know who else it could be. He was the only one who saw him motioning to her as far as I can tell. There are spaces between the buildings where he could have seen a car and we don't know how far away or how close he was from Dulce when she was taken. LE also stated there were no other children on the playground and the only other child that was mentioned was the young boy they interviewed later.

Imo
Well, if LE got all this information out of non-verbal 3 year old brother, I really don't know how that would be possible without a lot of leading questions. He can gesture, but he can't talk. So for him to come up with clothing, van and Hispanic male description-how could he do that? If little brother is the source of this information, I would find the story completely incredible.

Adding, each of the Delaware County lurings & the one in Elmer here, completely different suspect descriptions physically and vehicle wise. Not even similar like it may be a disguise.
Well, the supposed description of suspect in Dulce's case comes from a child of tender years (possibly her non-verbal little brother), so I wouldn't count on it being accurate.

Well, the supposed description of suspect in Dulce's case comes from a child of tender years (possibly her non-verbal little brother), so I wouldn't count on it being accurate.

In Elmer he was approx 50 yo white male blondish hair, 2 inch beard.
I don't think a child is going to miss a beard, well imo.

Well, if LE got all this information out of non-verbal 3 year old brother, I really don't know how that would be possible without a lot of leading questions. He can gesture, but he can't talk. So for him to come up with clothing, van and Hispanic male description-how could he do that? If little brother is the source of this information, I would find the story completely incredible.
Maybe that's why they stressed that he was a child of tender years.
I would hope that LE or the FBI would have experts who know how to question children. They would be very careful not to ask leading questions with a young child.
He would probably be capable of pointing to pictures when asked questions, they could have shown him pictures of different vehicles in different colors and the same for clothes and shoes.
If he was consistent every time in picking options they may have determined it that way. If he picked a different option each time then I would say his account isn't so reliable. Also his mom might be able to understand better what he communicates. Imo

Last edited:
Maybe that's why they stressed that he was a child of tender years.
I would hope that LE or the FBI would have experts who know how to question children. They would be very careful not to ask leading questions with a young child.
He would probably be capable of pointing to pictures when asked questions, they could have shown him pictures of different vehicles in different colors and the same for clothes and shoes.
If he was consistent every time in picking options they may have determined it that way. If he picked a different option each time then I would say his account isn't so reliable. Also his mom might be able to understand better what he communicates. Imo
Children are easily influenced so you don't want to ask them leading questions. If they are showing him pictures for him to point at, that's already leading him as far as I am concerned. Because he would not be spontaneously coming up with a story.

Statistically, if this was a stranger abduction, the chances of Dulce being found alive are very slim.
If someone close to the family abducted her, then someone or several people know who he is or even where Dulce is. I would hope someone would come forward, especially now that the reward is higher.

That it has been so long and LE seem to have no leads tells me the chances of a stranger abduction is more likely.
There has to be a trail, if someone is travelling with her it's very strange that there have been no sightings of her or the man, or the vehicle. Nothing at all.
I would think someone would have had to have planned very well to take her far away or out of the country undetected.
Of course that would be the best outcome, as long as she is safe and alive and can be reunited with her family.
It's not looking that way, though.

Imo
I'm back. So I spent my day driving through Vineland/Millville/Bridgeton through the back roads. I drove through the park. IMO & my grandma's (lived here for 30 years), this wasn't an opportunity stranger abduction. I don't wanna get kicked off the forum or break any rules so I'm just gonna keep some of the speculation we discussed during the drive.

Also, it's extremely lax in the area still. Kids walking home from bus stops, walking to stores, just hanging out in general. The opportunity would have been a lot easier in any other part of town. The park is not something someone out of town would just come across and actually know how to navigate. Once again. JUST IMO.

I will say, I have confirmation from a former classmate of mine that her daughter was lured by an older white male with blonde/light brown hair, in a NEW Black Dodge Ram in Elmer from in front of the grandparents house. He stopped to say " Hey do you want any-" and her daughter ran inside knowing that is a phrase of stranger danger. He actually proceeded to circle the block AGAIN after the girl had ran inside the house. The sheriff was notified.

Literally fits zero of the description for Dulce's case. So not connected. But I found this strange. And at the same time there were also two separate reports of child luring in Delaware County PA.

It's getting weird out here.

Thanks for that! In the past, have there been any other child abductions in the same area that Dulce went missing, and is Elmer very far from there? It does make sense what you are saying, and I am sure being a local and seeing the area firsthand would also give a better perspective than photos do. Also, did you happen to go to the spot where Dulce's mom was waiting in the car and check out the eyeline to the park, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member