NJ NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted @ Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland Co, 16 Sep 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBM

You'd hope that with the abundance of security cameras these days and the somewhat restricted access points for vehicles into the park that they could at least narrow down the make of the car, exact time and trace some of its trail. There was a dateline episode called "The Case of the Vanishing Blonde" about a woman that vanished from a hotel. A private detective got all the video footage, synced the timestamps and basically did a detailed checklist of everyone that entered and exited the hotel. He ended up solving the case after police hit a dead-end. Anyways, with this case, it appears that the Red Van they reference isn't a 100% certainty?

On a related note, is there an easy way to log on to this site and find the last thread when you have a multi-thread topic? I always go to the last page of each thread and hit the next thread till i get to the last.

The red van never seemed like a sure lead to me. It was one of the "facts" cited early on, but so much of those seemed vague, and dependent on people who were supposedly there at the park but the information regarding their identity and observations kept changing as well. A large group of young men playing basketball morphed into just a few young girls; there supposedly was an adult man with two young children but no one seems to have spoken to him. The person portrayed in the police sketch artist's drawing is someone LE wants to talk to, but no one seems to know him and he hasn't come forward. It's very confusing IMO. They don't seem to have ruled the red van out, but if they were 100% certain of its involvement then repeatedly searching the park, going over the same ground long after Dulce vanished and other park visitors had contaminated the scene, doesn't make a lot of sense. (I can't recall exactly when LE cut back on searching the park, but my impression is that they did so regularly for several weeks, even though they'd called in tracking dogs early on that tracked Dulce from the playground to somewhere on the road, presumably where she entered or was placed in a vehicle.) Park searches by family and supporters have continued, but LE is apparently convinced that Dulce left or was removed from the park. They just aren't definitively saying by what means – which tells me that no vehicle is 100% known to be connected.

Regarding finding the lastest thread on a topic, I wish I knew the answer! If I've been absent from a case for awhile I use the link on the last page of previous threads in order to find the current one as well. If it's a hot topic you could try skimming a few pages in the "New Posts" link in the page header banner, to see if a recent post for the case is listed which you can then follow to the current thread. But I find that "New Posts" tends to be dominated by the mosty busy current threads, so it's not much help in following a lower profile or older case such as Dulce's that fewer people are posting about.

On a related note, is there an easy way to log on to this site and find the last thread when you have a multi-thread topic? I always go to the last page of each thread and hit the next thread till i get to the last.

If you do a search here on websleuths for "Dulce" the first thing that just came up for me was thread #7 (our current thread) so perhaps a search will yield you a result with the most current thread listed first each time?

You can also click “watch thread” at the top right of this page and then click “watched threads” at the top left screen under forums when you rejoin a thread. Click the blue dot to the left of the thread’s name in watched threads and that will take you right back to the last post you read.

Just chiming in answer my own ponderings. From the sounds of some of the more recent news, they have a lot of video to review and are even using facial recognition technology. So I'm hoping they are making a lot of progress, have decent leads and are just playing this close to the chest:

"Police say between eight and 10 detectives from four different agencies are working on Dulce’s case every day. Physical searches in the Bridgeton area continue as warranted. Investigators are using facial recognition technology is also being put to use."

"Ehrie said investigators have examined “terabytes of video," but declined to discuss specifics of the investigation — including whether authorities are still looking for a man who may fit the description of a composite sketch of a person seen in the park on the day Dulce disappeared or a red van that a child saw in the park that day."

I'm not sure what the standard resolution is of security cameras, but I occasionally rip a DVD or BLU-ray to play over my network and a 2hr long BLU-ray is 35 GB and a 2hr long DVD is about 7 GB. I'd imagine the average security footage falls more in lines with DVD resolution. 1 terabyte would equate to roughly 60 different camera locations at 5 hours of footage each and they have multiple. So if they are using facial recognition software and have terabytes to work with I'm guessing they are retracing suspects footsteps.

Family, friends&Bridgeton’s Mayor gather around “The Dulce Tree” where memorial items were placed on&around this Oak tree this morning just steps from the swing set she vanished from September 16th. They’re keeping hope alive she’ll be found safe

Hymms&prayer for the safe return of Dulce Maria Alavez. An oak tree dedicated to her steps from where the 5 year old vanished September 16th. Her 6th birthday is approaching April 25th. ⁦
@FOX29philly

Steve Keeley on Twitter

I don’t know how to link from fb but this is on fb under Bridgeton PD.

Here's the direct link, if anyone's interested. :)
Link to FB post:

Link to Bridgeton Police Dept. Facebook Page

ETA: posted the links the same way I usually do but instead of automatically labeling itself "Bridgeton PD" they came out weird....let me know if they're not working.

From the previously posted FB link, redacted for focus:
The dept. has received erroneous info from less than credible sources. .. that have resulted in manpower being redirected from their efforts. This type of activity hinders investigators efforts. . .

I don't know if it's psychics, or folks from the well-meaning public trying to influence the investigation, but it has to stop. Law enforcement checks out every tip they receive, and when someone tries to insert themselves into a case and direct the search, for whatever reason, it sends them on a wild-goose chase and wastes time and resources.

Here is an example of what I mean, from the Robert Bee case:
Gordon, 36, sent both Pekin and Illinois State Police detectives on one such trail on Dec. 27 by telling them with “specific” detail that Bee had been seen going into a house, Dossey said. She and her fellow Facebook page members believed the house and its area were worthy of a search for Bee, he said. . . .She stated on the page that she had concocted the tip to prompt the search, Dossey said. “She posted that she (had) lied.”

This person deliberately lied to get police to search a house she & her FB group believed should be checked out. To do something like this is wrong on so many levels and I hope that isn't happening in Dulce's case.

False lead in the Robert Bee case produces arrest

I don't know if it's psychics, or folks from the well-meaning public trying to influence the investigation, but it has to stop. Law enforcement checks out every tip they receive, and when someone tries to insert themselves into a case and direct the search, for whatever reason, it sends them on a wild-goose chase and wastes time and resources.

This person deliberately lied to get police to search a house she & her FB group believed should be checked out. To do something like this is wrong on so many levels and I hope that isn't happening in Dulce's case.

I would like to assume at this point in our technological advanced society that law enforcement and investigators would immediately dismiss psychics. I agree, waste of resources and precious time. If the family wants to rely on psychics, I respect their wishes, but don't give up any information to the public about what the psychic told you. It will just lead to so much confusion.

1.) "We investigated psychic tips, but are focusing on facts in search for 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez" police chief says
2.) Gaimari said, “but we have to remain focused on the task at hand and rely on a factual-based investigation to attain an eventual conclusion.”

I would like to assume at this point in our technological advanced society that law enforcement and investigators would immediately dismiss psychics. I agree, waste of resources and precious time. If the family wants to rely on psychics, I respect their wishes, but don't give up any information to the public about what the psychic told you. It will just lead to so much confusion.

1.) "We investigated psychic tips, but are focusing on facts in search for 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez" police chief says
2.) Gaimari said, “but we have to remain focused on the task at hand and rely on a factual-based investigation to attain an eventual conclusion.”

Hey y’all . It’s the psychics. The heavy spirituality/religion of the area ridiculously gobbles up any & every person with “the sight”. It’s allll over local fb pages/groups. I’ve had to remove myself from them.

IMO the family is being run around by these volunteer psychics & that rep (if they still use her). And it’s so so upsetting that their desperation is being exploited.

I used to feel the same way until I heard recently on one of my many podcasts (possibly “unconcluded,” about Jennifer Kesse) - sometimes those who are afraid to come forward with valid case information will tip off the “psychic” to convey the information.

I don’t have any specific case to cite where this solved a crime, but to me it seems like a logical way to convey a lead if you were in fear for your life or for the lives of your family.

This is scary. I hope LE can track down whoever is doing this.

I feel sorry for LE who have to track down every lead. People come out from under their rocks to get a sick kick in cases like these. I hope they find the person and broadcast the name along with swift punishment.

" But the Bridgeton Chief has publicly denounced the tips received in Austintown and Weathersfield saying they are unsubstantiated."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
womackian
Back