NJ NJ - Jan Cotta, 19, Wall Township, 26 June 1973

Regarding the boyfriend picking her up. We only know what Jay said she said, and the fact? a car pulled up. So...
1) Jan knew it was someone else, but wanted to get rid of Jay and his friend so said her bf.
2) It was the bf and he's lying because he was involved. Or he wasn't involved in the actual disappearance but didn't want to talk to police because he saw her last, and/or knew or assumed something happened afterwards.
3) Jan thought it was the bf when she saw headlights, but it wasn't him. She went outside and knew whoever it was so went with him/her/them. "bf is running late and said to come pick you up..."
4) Someone, bf or otherwise, pulled up. After a break up, fight, or a simple "I'm too tired to go out," etc. that person left without Jan. She then left on foot on her own.

The NBC mention certainly sounds like an intended suicide. I imagine her letter would've ended with "...and not be loved back." So sad. She may have walked off on her own or the car was actually a taxi, and left with a bottle of sleeping pills in the tweed purse. It seems more likely a teenager in turmoil would leave and commit suicide nearby rather than running away and surviving on her own. But if she did survive with or w/o help and is out there now, could the shame or whatever else was wrong be so bad to not make contact with her family now? Unless there's more to the family dynamic or she died soon after.

I hope she is alive and had her reasons for leaving and not looking back. Another DNA test on the now adult infant would certainly help, as the DNA tested may not have belonged to that baby. And it seems an unlikely coincidence how the infant ended up. But whether or not that now adult even knows about Jan, the potential link to her, or even of the adoption is questionable.

Jan left on her accord I think so she wasn't lured by somebody she didn't know. She gave away 3 horses to a friend is proof of that. Maybe it was talked about on here or on another site but maybe she went to work on some kind of horse stable out in the Great Plains or Mountain West part of the US (South Dakota, Colorado, or Montana) under another name. Her case was on youtube on "The Wicked Deeds Podcast" like 1 or 2 years ago but that didn't help garner any new info on her case I don't think.

I live about 1 hour away from Wall myself, by the way.

I find this case so similar to Edna Christine Thorne – The Charley Project
I would like to know if there was a character in common in both disappearances, even though I know it's very unlikely.
Yeah I know its unlikely but Philadelphia and Wall Twp,New Jersey are not that far apart. However you either had to take mostly County Roads in New Jersey to get there or connect with Route 70 in South Jersey(part of the Philly Metro Area) and drive up To Wall Township that way back then. Interstate I-195(New Jersey) wasn't completed yet in the mid 1970's from Hamilton Township, NJ to Wall Township, NJ till 1983 from what I read on wikipedia.

Wicked Deeds Podcast released an episode about Jan's disappearance

Today we’ll be discussing the case of a young woman that had a fierce passion for horseback riding, who, after entering an acquaintance’s vehicle one night, was never seen or heard from again. The circumstances surrounding her case became more and more bizarre as the years went on and more information became available to the public. With that new information, authorities have finally named one person in particular they’re interested in speaking with, who may be able to answer some very important questions.
I listened to this podcast today, very informative!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco67
Back