NJ NJ - Meaghan McCallum, 30, Oakland, 10 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, very concerned LE believes her car is being hidden somewhere. Any way to find out what dating sites she used?

Also, very concerned LE believes her car is being hidden somewhere. Any way to find out what dating sites she used?

There's very little information besides what has been added to the FB site. No word of which sites.

I'm not sure if the McCallums may have a non-public site with updates. If she left the house with her phone, do you think it is possible that she may have gone someplace public to meet her date? What would the possibilities have been at that hour, after 11 pm? Maybe a nearby dinner, or someplace she may have felt safe, and never made it there. The other thing that came to mind is, if grandmother was asleep, and Meg left of her own will on an online date, I don't see her leaving her phone behind. Could she have met the person at the house and left with them from there, maybe not in the best state of mind, thus leaving her phone behind?

There's very little information besides what has been added to the FB site. No word of which sites.

I'm not sure if the McCallums may have a non-public site with updates. If she left the house with her phone, do you think it is possible that she may have gone someplace public to meet her date? What would the possibilities have been at that hour, after 11 pm? Maybe a nearby dinner, or someplace she may have felt safe, and never made it there. The other thing that came to mind is, if grandmother was asleep, and Meg left of her own will on an online date, I don't see her leaving her phone behind. Could she have met the person at the house and left with them from there, maybe not in the best state of mind, thus leaving her phone behind?

Good point...that's why I'm wondering if we could've found what dating site was used. Was it one of those new, app-based ones like tinder, or a more traditional one? Who goes on a date at 11p.m.? I'm not judging her at all, I'm jus trying to get a feel for the kind of person she may have met. And HG, you bring up a very good point- would she leave the house on a date and not bring her phone? Or did someone drive to her house and she runs out to meet them or something. The area where she was staying, Montvale, is a very nice town. Not much in the way of a traditional downtown area, but suburban and right on the border of NY state.

I was also in the grocery store this morning where I live (about 10 mins from Montvale and Oakland) and saw a missing flyer with Meaghan's picture and information on it, so hopefully more awareness is coming.

I was also in the grocery store this morning where I live (about 10 mins from Montvale and Oakland) and saw a missing flyer with Meaghan's picture and information on it, so hopefully more awareness is coming.

It occurred to me, trying to think through what circumstance would have her leave with her car but without her phone, which would leave her so vulnerable, on a online date, late at night, so against what one would call better judgement, so perhaps unlike Meg, at the time. MSM reports mention concern about an online date. I don't see her leaving without her phone, on whim, but if she were live chatting online, went outside for some reason, and she wasn't expecting to stay away, but ran into somebody, who then drove away with her, I can see it as being more possible.

Or if she brought that person in, unbeknownst to her grandmother, then they may have driven away with her and returned for their own car later or may have arrived via public transport, to begin with. Again, so little to go on.

May Meg return soon and safe. My prayers continue for her loved ones and those who are looking.

Has there been any activity with her credit cards or bank cards?
Late date could have been someone who presents themself as a cop, medical professional, second shift worker........all my own thoughts of course..........
When Megan is having a bipolar episode -- what is her behavior? Perhaps she had an epsiode and her date bailed? Maybe??????
Holding hope for Megan

Has there been any activity with her credit cards or bank cards?
Late date could have been someone who presents themself as a cop, medical professional, second shift worker........all my own thoughts of course..........
When Megan is having a bipolar episode -- what is her behavior? Perhaps she had an epsiode and her date bailed? Maybe??????
Holding hope for Megan

I don't understand how she could have left with sound judgement without her phone for a late night date?

I don't understand how she could have left with sound judgement without her phone for a late night date?

I'm thinking the same way, to me, it's either she ran out of the house real quick to possibly meet someone in the driveway and talk, not thinking she would be gone for a while and left her phone in the house. Or, if she was off her meds, did her thinking become distorted and she made decisions she wouldn't normally make.

One other question I have is that do we know for certain she left at 3 a.m.? Or was that the time grandma noticed she wasn't home, while Meaghan could've left anytime before that

A helicopter search in Sussex County based on a tip last week turned up nothing. Searchers planned on returning there this week. Meanwhile, billboards have gone up in various areas of the state.

10570434_10205933342991249_6160542647931703359_n.jpg

http://cliffviewpilot.com/reported-...and-woman-unfounded-search-efforts-intensify/

I live in Sussex County and I had been wondering about the helicopters I heard. Lots of dense forest here as well as many, many lakes and ponds.

No signs in family's 'unbearable' search for missing Oakland woman
17360452-mmmain.jpg

There have been no signs of a 30-year-old Oakland woman who went missing more than two weeks ago. Meaghan McCallum was last seen in Montvale on March 11 leaving her grandmother's house in a black 1998 Subaru with New Jersey plates: N32-EAY.

"We have no leads as to where Meg could be," her mother, Heidi McCallum, said. "We have state police, Bergen County Police and Oakland Police still actively looking."

There have been no sightings, Heidi said, and tip lines have turned up nothing credible.

There was no sign that Meaghan, who has a history of mental illness, planned to go anywhere, her parents said. She was staying with her grandmother in Montvale, but she stopped at her parents' house the night before her disappearance to pick up a phone charger.

"If we can find the car we can find her."
Heidi and Meaghan's father James don't believe she was running away. For one, she brought no clothing. And she also left Sweetpea, her beloved dog and constant companion--she even brought the dog along on her jobs as a home health aide for Visiting Angels.
http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2015/03/no_signs_in_familys_unbearable_search_for_missing.html

Missing woman plus missing vehicle ALWAYS equals "have they checked all the nearby bodies of water?". It seems like tons of these cases end that way, unfortunately.

MOO.

Missing woman plus missing vehicle ALWAYS equals "have they checked all the nearby bodies of water?". It seems like tons of these cases end that way, unfortunately.

MOO.

It seems like some searches have been done over that past couple of weeks, organized by her family and their support network, based on comments in the FB page and below articles. More awareness before this weekend, especially, would help. Weather is warming up. I wish some locals involved with the search join WS, if they think it could help.

Search for missing Oakland woman intensifies
By Marina Villeneuve, Staff Writer, The Record, Thur, Mar 26, '12 1:36 pm, wrote about the growing seach efforts, https://www.facebook.com/findmegnow
and that her brother recently

[...]

"returned home on Tuesday to help in the search.

Those searching for McCallum have canvassed municipalities across North Jersey, mostly in the counties of Bergen and Passaic. Her father says searchers also will begin focusing on Rockland County, N.Y."

[...]

“The town of Pearl River is right there. We’re thinking it’s a possibility she might be in that area as well.”

[...]

“There still has been no sighting of her — nothing,” he said “So all this stuff is great, but still, Meg is still gone. We remain hopeful, optimistic.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SawYourFace
Back