NJ NJ - Meaghan McCallum, 30, Oakland, 10 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From what I know there are a few different exits from Pier Village. If she were on foot, which is likely, that opens the door to a lot. The boardwalk and Ocean Ave go on for a while in each direction. She could walk a great distance in either direction just following the boardwalk

From what I know there are a few different exits from Pier Village. If she were on foot, which is likely, that opens the door to a lot. The boardwalk and Ocean Ave go on for a while in each direction. She could walk a great distance in either direction just following the boardwalk

There are different exits for the Pier Village parking garage. I was trying to find actual pictures or a decent map of the area to point out exits and entrances but I was unable to... The parking garage is run by Littleton Parking company. Here's there website in case anyone wants info: http://www.littlemanparking.com/2CHELSEAAVENUE.htm On the website there is a photo of one of the entrances.

I'm not surprised the car wasn't noticed but kept getting ticketed for over a month.. They are very ticket happy in Pier Village.

There are also some assisted living communities along there a bit in from the coast. Her aunt lived there, so she may have been familiar with places, or had them mean something. But why leave, take hours, then still far from sunrise, which was late then, closer to 7:30 am (will check), so still dark, to park and walk away? And no word of a video or which direction yet? What would be open there at around that time more off the beaten path than not?

At that hour.. not much.. There's a late night cafe down ocean ave that stays open until 3 or 4am but they definitely aren't open until 5:30am. Maybe she was there prior to parking though? Also, the Turning Point is a great breakfast place in Pier Village but I'm pretty sure they don't open till 7 or 8am.

Was it said which parking deck in Pier Village her car was found?

Here's a map of the area.. wish I knew how to edit and circle/point things out. On this map you can see where the two parking garages are though. The entrance for the parking garage closest to the water is right around the corner from "The Turning Point" cafe. The other parking lot entrance is next to "The Bungalow" (a boutique hotel). Hope.. that made sense..

There are *many* walking exits though..

https://www.google.com/maps/search/map+of+pier+village+long+branch/@40.3018999,-73.9805997,300m/data=!3m1!1e3

ll we know now is she walked out of the garage. We haven't been able to confirm what exit and in which direction she began walking. And as for the car, there was some confusion initially, but we now think she parked in the Pier Village garage and left. And her car was then stolen and recovered in a residential complex that was not in Pier Village. (I think I have that right, but it's been confusing)

And I love Turning Point. And now I want Surf Taco too, haha

Ooohhh that explains it! I was a little confused! Haha but we don't know what other complex the car was later found in? That's a little odd..

OT: Yes! I love turning point too! I was craving surf taco last week. Have you ever had Shaka?

Ooohhh that explains it! I was a little confused! Haha but we don't know what other complex the car was later found in? That's a little odd..

OT: Yes! I love turning point too! I was craving surf taco last week. Have you ever had Shaka?

Yea, it is odd and confusing. And I'm actually not sure that is even 100% accurate. Meg's dad said it in an interview and other msm reports haven't been as clear.

OT: No, I haven't been to Shaka, that's the burrito place, right?

Yea, it is odd and confusing. And I'm actually not sure that is even 100% accurate. Meg's dad said it in an interview and other msm reports haven't been as clear.

OT: No, I haven't been to Shaka, that's the burrito place, right?

Yes, that's the burrito place in PV. It's sooo good! You should try it sometime!

It does sound pretty confusing.. Msm reports aren't clear at all. Very vague in fact. Wish there was some clarity. It would help narrow down the possibilities.

Search for missing NJ woman expands to Jersey Shore
ASBURY PARK, N.J. (PIX11) — Jim McCallum walked up and down the boardwalk in Asbury Park on Sunday asking if anyone had seen his daughter, 30-year-old Meaghan McCallum.

“My daughter has been missing for over 30 days, over 30 days now. And her car was located last Saturday in Long Branch,” said McCallum to passersby.

“I’ve been distributing leaflets and asking people if they had seen her. There has been a couple of leads. Unfortunately nothing has panned out yet. But we continue to search,” he said.

Meaghan ‘Meg’ McCallum has been missing since the morning of March 11th. Her family says she was staying with her grandmother in Montvale, N.J. for a couple days when her dog started barking in the middle of the night. Her grandmother discovered Meg and her car were gone.

The McCallum’s live in Oakland. They say Meg had left home to stay with her grandmother after things got tense. Her parents say she struggles with mental illness and they had been trying to persuade her to stay on medication.
http://pix11.com/2015/04/19/search-for-missing-nj-woman-expands-to-jersey-shore/

After weeks of tirelessly searching around Bergen County for her or her car, the family thought they had caught a break when her black Subaru Impreza turned up 80 miles away. Police say it was stolen out of a parking garage in Long Branch, New Jersey. Surveillance tapes proved that Meg drove her car into the garage and walked out alone. She left behind her purse and keys. As weeks passed, her car was ticketed, before being stolen and sold. Once back on the road, the car was eventually flagged and picked up by police.

http://pix11.com/2015/04/19/search-for-missing-nj-woman-expands-to-jersey-shore/

The Subaru turned up in a garden apartment complex. A license plate reader, possibly used by a car repossessor, triggered an alert through a national database and the police were called. There were three arrests made in connection with the theft, but those men are not believed to be connected with her disappearance, Police would not confirm those details.

B9317051588Z.1_20150423104120_000_GJHAIDQTF.1-0.jpg

http://www.app.com/story/news/local...missing-woman-last-seen-long-branch/26234147/

Fast couple of questions-----can LE tell if her car was hot-wired or if a key was used to start it and is the garage free or paid parking??

Fast couple of questions-----can LE tell if her car was hot-wired or if a key was used to start it and is the garage free or paid parking??
Wasn't she videotaped leaving the car and if so ,I would think she had the keys?
OK ,It was stolen from the parking garage but it was also reported she left her purse and keys in the car...

Curiouser and curiouser...............

I agree with our WS who thinks the assisted living community should be looked at

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995
Back