NJ NJ - Melissa McGuinn, 7 mos, Trenton, 6 March 1988

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The race is listed as black, so I don't think it is her, also the crime is fraud which I don't think she'd have the capacity for.

Do we know the address of the house that Michelle was taken from?
I know it's the 600 block of Lamberton Street which is here:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=60...Trenton,+New+Jersey+08611,+United+States&z=18

See this article - After 26 years, former Trenton woman returns to the city, clinging to the hope her missing daughter is still alive 3rd photo of her mom says
Thursday, March 6, 2014 - Becky House waits in vain for an answer to her knock on the door at 637 Lamberton St., in Trenton, NJ, the home where she lived 26 years ago when her 7-month-old Melissa Diane McGuinn went missing at the hands of a woman who had been living with her. House since moved to Arkansas and traveled back to Trenton for the anniversary of her daughter's disappearance.
Google map link

I remember when this case was covered on WS Radio! Those of you that are just finding out about this case should listen to that interview Tricia did last year.

I've been following the Facebook page for baby Melissa and there is a girl who looks very similar to one of the composite drawings. She also has a birthmark in the same place as baby Melissa, doesn't have any baby pictures of herself from before age 1-2, and her little girl pictures look very similar to baby Melissa. She was adopted and has some questions about her origin, as the woman who is supposedly her birth mother is apparently a very sketchy character. She is undergoing DNA testing, it should be interesting to see the results of this.

Guess I forgot to post here! 20/20 is planning on airing Melissas story soon. Also I met Wanda Reed back in October. Check it out! [video=youtu;mwi_rfG51F4]http://youtu.be/mwi_rfG51F4[/video]

Bump. So sad to think this little girl (hopefully) grew up, not knowing she had been stolen from her parents. Were there any DNA results finalized from the previous postings? I could not find any in my searches.

Wouldn't she look like her mother and grandmother Brown is dominant...probably her eyes turned to brown, considering her age.
attachment.php

Attachments

• girls2_zps4f3051cc.png
    girls2_zps4f3051cc.png
    332.2 KB · Views: 92
Wouldn't she look like her mother and grandmother Brown is dominant...probably her eyes turned to brown, considering her age.
attachment.php

Maybe. Sort of (eye colour is a lot more complicated than it was thought to be 25 years ago, there is a slew of modifier genes).

Because brown is dominant, people with brown eyes can carry genes that would produce blue, grey or green eyes. Those lighter colours can hide through many generations of solidly brown eyed people until someone down the line has a child with someone who is also brown eyed and carrying the genes for lighter eye colours.

Since they do have a DNA sample for Melissa (a blood sample taken at birth that the hospital happened to save), makes me wonder if perhaps someone took part of it to be analysed to get some predictions on her physical characteristics as an adult.

Maybe. Sort of (eye colour is a lot more complicated than it was thought to be 25 years ago, there is a slew of modifier genes).

Because brown is dominant, people with brown eyes can carry genes that would produce blue, grey or green eyes. Those lighter colours can hide through many generations of solidly brown eyed people until someone down the line has a child with someone who is also brown eyed and carrying the genes for lighter eye colours.

Since they do have a DNA sample for Melissa (a blood sample taken at birth that the hospital happened to save), makes me wonder if perhaps someone took part of it to be analysed to get some predictions on her physical characteristics as an adult.

Thanks...of course I know that brown eyes and the mixing in could gave a different eye color...my father had very dark brown eyes, my mother gray eyes, my brother brown eyes and me blue eyes..but with babies...eye color can change still. I just wanted to say don't fix on the eye color....I hope she still around somewhere with people who take really good care of her....it's hard to believe, maybe she is one of the missing...missing.... and abducted soooo young...memory is playing jokes on you....you will not remember.....and your place is your place...(I hope you know what I mean).... I hope this girl is around somewhere....painful in so many ways if you find out all the things...and if you are happy why dig up everything....If she is still alive....maybe someday she knows and wants to find out her roots.....rambling and native language Dutch...sometimes hard to find the right words..but with a good intention.

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking about this anonymous comment lefton the blog?

IMG_3942.jpg

That's why I had to revisit this thread -- Christopher Abeyta. I believe that the person who took him is now considered a POI. I have always believed that the woman who is responsible for Melissa's disappearance was not so mentally compromised that she could not reveal what happened to Melissa. (IMO)

Bumping.... I'm a born and raised Jersey girl, and I work only a few blocks from this area. W is currently living in Pennsylvania with relatives. Knowing the area, I think it is entirely possible that W made it to the river and back. Mom said she was upstairs for about 15 minutes, which is where the 8 minutes comes from - 8 there and 8 back (I think). But cutting through houses I think you can get there in 8. AND if she made it to the river, little Melissa is gone forever. The interesting part to me is that the night before they went to a party together, and allegedly W thought Melissa got more attention than her own son. With the mentality of a 5-7 year old, she may have been jealous and decided to get rid of Melissa as revenge because she really didn't know any better. She told Linda that Melissa was "gone." She never said stolen, or taken, or even put somewhere, she said "gone." MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back