NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, agreed. He may not have acted alone though.
That’s the question I have as well.

If the victims were stabbed (atleast some of them), then I think that Paul did this on his own. That would have been a deeply personal act, one of rage.

If not, then I think it’s possible that he hired someone to do that part of it.

Colts Neck fire mystery. What we know, what's next

The investigation
Authorities say Caneiro’s gunshot wound was not self-inflicted, but at this point have not charged anyone with his death.

They have also determined that the fire was deliberately set, and that the family was killed before the fire started. A law enforcement source told NJ Advance Media last week that at least one of the children had been stabbed, but no weapon had been located outside the house as of last Wednesday evening.

Police have not yet charged a suspect with setting the fire.

That’s the question I have as well.

If the victims were stabbed (atleast some of them), then I think that Paul did this on his own. That would have been a deeply personal act, one of rage.

If not, then I think it’s possible that he hired someone to do that part of it.
It's radio silence from an area that likes to talk. I wouldn't be surprised if this was both a hired arson for both residences, and hired hit on KC and his family. As Paul was arrested within mere hours of his own house fire, maybe somebody turned themselves in, and cooperating with LE for their own deal. I do believe fire is number one choice to destroy evidence, and the only reason to annihilate an entire family is to eliminate any heirs. Follow the money. Greed is at play. MOO

What we don’t know
• A suspect has not been named in the deaths of Keith Caneiro and his family, and no motive has been provided for the killings or the fire in Colts Neck.

• While officials have said Keith Caneiro was found with gunshot wounds, they have not said how Ms. Caneiro and the children died. It was not clear whether their autopsies had been completed, and Mr. Gramiccioni said last week that their bodies were burned severely, which may impede the investigation.

• Prosecutors have not stated what evidence led them to charge Paul Caneiro with arson. They have also not released a possible motive.
The Colts Neck Mansion Fire: What We Know So Far About the New Jersey Killings

Colts Neck fire mystery: New evidence against accused arsonist brother delays court hearing

27 Nov 2018

On Tuesday, officials said it had been adjourned at the request of Caneiro's attorney, Robert A. Honecker Jr.

Honecker told NJ Advance Media that prosecutors provided him with additional discovery and that he wanted more time to review it with his client.

Honecker declined to comment on what the new evidence is.

This, however, is not uncommon in criminal cases under New Jersey's new bail reform guidelines where prosecutors have a limited amount of time to provide evidence to a defendant prior to a detention hearing. New Jersey scrapped its cash bail system in 2017 and now each defendant charged with an indictable offense appears before a judge to learn if he or she will stay in jail pending trial.

Whatever mess there is might not have hit public records yet. I still think it’s “follow the money” but digging deeper will be needed.
JMO
Keith had paid off his mortgage - but no word on Paul. If Paul worked for Keith though - K's being okay financially *should* have meant that Paul's salary was paid - but their salaries look like they were pretty different - considering K's house was worth almost 3X that of P's. Curious how much the companies net worth is. Maybe he asked K to borrow money and K said no. He wasn't living as wealthily as K though, that's for sure. K was brilliant, more successful, and seemed to be the golden boy as far as having a gorgeous family. We haven't heard anything about P's education, or the injury/disability that resulted in him leaning on a cane in the picture. Just throwing all of this in the mix. Regardless, it's devastating.

Last edited:
Colts Neck fire: Monmouth County prosecutor to give update on Caneiro murders Thursday

Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni will hold a news conference Thursday morning to provide an update on the investigation into the murder of a technology CEO and his family at their Colts Neck mansion last week.

Snip

The press conference will be held at 11 a.m.Thursday at the Prosecutor's Office headquarters in Freehold.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29
Back