NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

Yes, as posted above, all contacts are in the Middle East and the Caneiros’ Square One is in Asbury Park NJ. It was a good try though. And we almost had some international crime scene going for a minute, didn’t we!

Ha, I just did the same thing, they are two separate companies. Thank you Mica for that post for squareone, I could not get it to open.

Apologies for not finding researching first before posting

Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni holds a press conference to confirm four fatalities involved in the Colts Neck fire at 15 Willow Brook Road in Colts Neck, NJ Tuesday November 20, 2018

Found a better one-
Kudos to all the participants in this presser. It's been awhile since I've seen one with great, relevant questions and answers. ...(not to mention the camera click sounds of days long past)!

I find Keith Caneiro's LinkedIn bio and Facebook page curious. Also don't seem to be able to find much on brother Paul or his wife Susan. I have some initial thoughts, but they are a bit premature given the early stage and lack of information just yet.

Just things that make you go...hmmmm.

Think this is the company....

About Square One

Yes, I think this is it. But why is it only available in archives? Are they still in business? Here are some of their clients.

Clients

Yeah. That’s why I think this is “all in the family.

If you have a grudge against a pair of brothers, you hit one, then the other.

What you do not do, is hit one, then wait several hours before targeting the second. It makes absolutely no sense.

Now if two brothers are feuding, and one of them tries to burn down the second brother’s house, then this makes a bit more sense.

I’d love for more facts here, but my thinking is that there is no third party.

If Paul’s house fire started around 5:00 a.m. wouldn’t he have called his brother Keith? Did anyone answer? Interesting that Paul mentioned that it must have been a gas leak. Gas cans were found behind the house. Is it arson or not?

Paul and his wife left their house around 12 noon. Was Keith already dead when his house caught fire around 12:30? Why wasn’t he at work? Why were the kids not in school? My head is spinning!

From that article:

“Neighbors said he stayed at the scene until about noon. He and his wife had not returned home as of Tuesday evening.”

The second fire was called in around 12:45. The houses are 10 miles away from one another.

More than suspicious that the brother left his house at around noon, with just enough time to arrive at his brother’s house before the second fire was reported.

If Paul’s house fire started around 5:00 a.m. wouldn’t he have called his brother Keith? Did anyone answer? Interesting that Paul mentioned that it must have been a gas leak. Gas cans were found behind the house. Is it arson or not?

Paul and his wife left their house around 12 noon. Was Keith already dead when his house caught fire around 12:30? Why wasn’t he at work? Why were the kids not in school? My head is spinning!
Sounds like arson.

As for the work/school issue, perhaps they were already off for Thanksgiving.

EcoStar Pest Managment | Better Business Bureau® Profile

This is their pest management company. Check out the bbb grade for their business due to advertising issues.

Flunked. Interesting that neither the actual EcoStar nor Square One links will open. Can someone try the archives again, this time for EcoStar? I don’t know how.

ETA: I suppose that family could have shut down both websites immediately, except for the real estate one.

Last edited:
This is so senseless and horrible. It's hard to even read about it.

What kind of hate/evil does a person need to have to massacre a family? To kill children?

My heart aches for the tremendous loss of their lives ripped from them.

181120-nj-fire-wnbc-ac-703p_55cef5cc439bb2642cfdb2a468fba9b7.fit-2000w.JPG

The blaze in the wealthy community of Colts Neck, New Jersey, came on the same day that another property owned by relatives of the victims also caught fire in Ocean Township about 40 miles away.

The bodies of an adult and two children were found severely burned in the 5,700-square-foot home in Colts Neck, while the body of another adult was found outside, authorities said. Public records show the home is owned by Keith Caniero, 50, and Jennifer Caneiro, 45.

2 children and 2 adults found dead at a charred, massive house in possible arson fire

Fifteen years is pretty fast to pay off this kind of mortgage!
Quoting the link:

Caneiro purchased the family's home on Willow Brook Road in 1999, according to Monmouth County property records. He and his wife paid off the $1.8 million mortgage two years ago.

What we know about family killed on Colts Neck estate

It might have been a fifteen-year mortgage. That's what we did. It has higher payments but costs way less in the long run (fifteen years of interest payments that you get to keep for yourself, basically.) But either way, yeah, business must have been good.

It might have been a fifteen-year mortgage. That's what we did. It has higher payments but costs way less in the long run (fifteen years of interest payments that you get to keep for yourself, basically.) But either way, yeah, business must have been good.

Yes, we’ve had a 15 year mortgage too so we could save on interest. But I can’t inagine what the monthly payments would be on a house costing that much. They built it in 2003 I think, after owning the property since 1998, so maybe they saved up or had a windfall. Or business was good, as you say.

Last edited:
This is bizarre.

Paul Caneiro's house had a fire at 5:00 a.m.

Keith Caneiro's house fire was reported at 12:30 p.m.

Colts Neck fire: Quadruple homicide claims family

"The revelation that the Caneiro family were the victims of a quadruple homicide was a bizarre and grisly twist to a tragic story that may have begun early in the morning at about 5 a.m. with a separate fire at an Ocean Township home owned by Keith Caneiro's brother, Paul."

"The Colts Neck fire which was reported at about 12:30 p.m. is being investigated as arson."

"Authorities are also investigating a possible connection between the fatal Colts Neck mansion fire and another fire early Tuesday at a home in Ocean Township that is owned by relatives of the Colts Neck family. Ocean police Lt. Timothy Torchia confirmed the fire and said the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office is investigating."

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunnyhappy
Back