NJ NJ - Newark, BlkFem 30-50, UP11246, on riverbank, distinctive jewelry, Apr'13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At first, I thought they were Italian style Roman catholic (filligree) Crosses. But I think Madeabecbec was on the right track. Be it African style with Ethiopian descent or Ethiopian. I linked an enlarged version of the crosses on the UID so that you can see them quite a bit bigger.

I wonder if Ethiopia has a catholic Background? JWhttp://s1299.photobucket.com/user/jenstar551/media/njjewlery_zpsaecb6748.jpg.html

http://www.tadias.com/07/01/2011/fu...o-new-ethiopian-church-project-in-new-jersey/

This is from an internet article from July 2011.....

" At a fundraiser on Monday, June 27, a sold-out crowd donated $30,000 to a campaign aiming to raise funds to help renovate a recently purchased building in West Orange, New Jersey to house Amanuel Ethiopian Orthodox Church, the state’s first Ethiopian owned church property, organizers said."

"The Debre Genet Amanuel Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church was founded in West Orange, New Jersey, in 2006. “Before that a few of us used to go to Church in New York…I went to Church in New York for about 18 years,” said Mr. Tekeste Ghebremicael, Vice Chairman of the Church’s Board of Directors. “Yes, this is the first Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church in the state of New Jersey. We are making history. We hope to open several other Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Churches in New Jersey in the future.” "

I am thinking that those styles of crosses have been around for many years - jewelry supplies stores stocked them. I have one similar (pic in attachment) - not the same but the styling is the same.
- the crosses from the UID look more Make It Yourself Jewelry pieces - the crosses were not traditional just representations - so I'm thinking that they may be artistic crosses not religious crosses. Most big bead shops had a range of them. Sometimes they are marketed as Tribal Crosses. They are sold world wide.
Wondering if there is a market stall somewhere in the area that still sells these - like a handmade/craft market stall (if she didnt make them herself).
JMO

Attachments

• Tribal Pewter Cross.jpg
    Tribal Pewter Cross.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 60
NamUs been updated for her - rule out Natalie Woodward.

DNA still not been run.

32 Rule outs
Mary Badaracco 1946 Connecticut
Denise Baffa 1971 New Jersey
TAMARA BARRIGA 1974 Connecticut
Rosemary Calandriello 1952 New Jersey
Amanda Carroll 1979 New Jersey
Danielle Day 1972 New Jersey
Kathleen Durst 1952 New York
Yim Eng 1940 New York
Ann Fulton 1929 New Jersey
Margaret Haddican-McEnroe 1977 New Jersey
Elba Irizarry 1951 New Jersey
Tomiene Jones 1982 New Jersey
Mia Kelly 1969 New Jersey
Gloria Korzon 1943 Pennsylvania
Renee LaManna 1958 New Jersey
Amy Matthews 1959 Pennsylvania
Monique McClelland 1966 Pennsylvania
Frances Morales 1962 New Jersey
Kelly Morrissey 1968 New York
Liza Murphy 1965 New Jersey
Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York
Maryanne Ruffini 1968 New Jersey
Toni Sharpless 1979 Pennsylvania
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
Betty Smith 1942 New Jersey
Carla Vicentini 1983 New Jersey
Susan Walsh 1960 New Jersey
Antoinette Williams 1965 New Jersey
Joanne Williams 1956 Pennsylvania
Natalie Woodward 1976 New Jersey
Carmela Yacavino 1961 New Jersey
Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey

But still no change on DNA.

The location where she was found is very close to Newark Penn station which is an extremely busy transit hub with a large homeless population that frequents the station as well in order to use the bathrooms and get shelter in bad weather. Thinking a little outside the box here, but she may not be of African decent. Her watch and jewelry read as punk/rasta/Crustie subculture to me, and many NYC area Crusties wear thermals daily, with shorts or skirts over them. A lot of Crusties wear their hair in dreadlocks regardless of their ethnicity (although I've yet to see a description of the UID's hair so I am just guessing here that she may have had dreadlocks, it's just a hunch).

I wish more details of her clothing and her hairstyle/color would be released (and yeah, get on that DNA someone, please!)

Has anyone submitted Stevie Bates for this? The height is close, as is the weight. The age is wrong but I've seen a lot of cases where that's so. The case profile states she may have been in the water since 2012 which is when Stevie went missing. Stevie was active in OWS and was traveling, and a lot of Occupy people wore thermals and many layers since they spent a lot of time in transit and outdoors. I just have a nagging feeling this UID may be her. There was a small Occupy encampment in Newark in Military Park not far from Penn station and the water that she may have visited around the time she went missing.

They've added reconstructions to her NamUs and it looks like the DNA is complete. I called in Stevie Bates as a potential match and left a message, because the hairstyle of the reconstruction is very similar to that of Stevie's in the subway video.

Is it my imagination or does the watch face have a skull and crossbones on it?

They've added reconstructions to her NamUs and it looks like the DNA is complete. I called in Stevie Bates as a potential match and left a message, because the hairstyle of the reconstruction is very similar to that of Stevie's in the subway video.
Sorry, I don't see the similarity in hair. Stevie had bleached blonde dreads - including in the subway video - and the reconstruction definitely doesn't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denie67
Back