Identified! NJ - Newark, BlkFem UP10254, 50-70, in suitcase, Mar'12 - Name not found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Deniese Laird looks good to me. She has blond hair in the photo but it could have grown out if she was somewhere out there during the interval.

Two of the other missing persons mentioned here have been found. Others are too young if the age estimate 50-70 is accurate.

Newark NJ is pitiful. in all of Namus there are but 6 missing persons listed.

I worked in Newark for 10 yrs and while it was not a daily, weekly or monthly occurrence, I would see homemade flyers plastered about downtown with names of people who were missing.

City Hall, the police dept, and the municipal court buildings were all in disrepair. who knows where the physical files of these missing persons are kept.

the family of one MP, Carla Vincentini, paid to run billboards around Newark with a picture of her, some basic background and had phone numbers to call. most families don't have those resources so they are lost in the system.

I sent another email regarding Denese Laird. This time to Donna Fontana and Pamela Reed. I will let you know what I hear...

At the very bottom of the page below, you can click on the CONTACT link for email addresses. You can assume the format of the Police Director and Chief email addresses from there.

http://www.newarkpd.org/pio/publicinfo.php

Public Information Staff
Sgt. Ronald S. Glover
Det. Todd McClendon
Det. Eugenio Gonzalez

Police Director
Samuel A. DeMaio

Chief of Police
Sheilah A. Coley

I will try to find information for the Essex County Prosecutor's Office.

Neither one of them ever responded. Any other contact suggestions?

were you trying to suggest Denese Laird as a possible match for this UID?

I usually just send an email explaining that I am a private citizen who saw a possible match, setting forth the links for both the UID and MP and why I think it is worth looking at.

I have sent a number of possible matches to Donna Fontana. I usually get a reply acknowledging receipt but little else. if she did not reply the first time, I would resend it. anything could have happened.

were you trying to suggest Denese Laird as a possible match for this UID?

I usually just send an email explaining that I am a private citizen who saw a possible match, setting forth the links for both the UID and MP and why I think it is worth looking at.

I have sent a number of possible matches to Donna Fontana. I usually get a reply acknowledging receipt but little else. if she did not reply the first time, I would resend it. anything could have happened.

Yes I was suggesting Denese as a possible match. I sent an email with all of the details a few times but have not heard back anything, not even to acknowledge receipt of the email. I will keep trying though....

Poor woman. With the pillows and bed sheet, and the clothing she was wearing, it sounds like she was murdered in her bed. Domestic violence, I suppose, and I bet her husband/partner/possibly caregiver if she's at the upper end of the range never reported her missing.

Poor woman. With the pillows and bed sheet, and the clothing she was wearing, it sounds like she was murdered in her bed. Domestic violence, I suppose, and I bet her husband/partner/possibly caregiver if she's at the upper end of the range never reported her missing.

Could be and if she was foreign born, he could have told everyone she returned to the country of her birth.

Could be and if she was foreign born, he could have told everyone she returned to the country of her birth.

Or he went back to his own country and told them she stayed behind. We had a case like that up here a couple of years ago -- LE can't get him back from Ecuador to prosecute him.

Fingers crossed -- sounds like it could be her.

From how I understand NamUs both cases have been resolved. I could not find information on either, hmmm.....

Thank you for that Houston Mom, I am still figuring out how their system works. Am also glad I am not the only one who couldn't find anything, anywhere, about either case. Hmmm indeed.

I am a NJ licensed funeral director and have access to the EDRS (Electronic Death Registry System). This decedent was listed as a Unidentified Female and I was able to find her case when I searched for March 2012 cases in Essex County. I no longer can find this case which could possibly mean one of two things. One is that the Jane Doe was buried by another funeral home who filed this case. Thus the case is no longer searchable through EDRS once it is claimed by another funeral home. And two, if this decedent has been identified, perhaps the Medical Examiner removed the case and is working on generating a new death certificate? I am not certain, I am only speculating but it would be great if she is identified.

NamUs page now displays Permission Error https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10254 .

I have not found an article about ID yet but Sabrina King https://www.findthemissing.org/en/ca...se_information is the only person suggested here (by Wanting2Help post #2) who's page now says Permission Error - Case Access Denied.

Is that the same as being taken offsite or is that just a non public case?

I am a NJ licensed funeral director and have access to the EDRS (Electronic Death Registry System). This decedent was listed as a Unidentified Female and I was able to find her case when I searched for March 2012 cases in Essex County. I no longer can find this case which could possibly mean one of two things. One is that the Jane Doe was buried by another funeral home who filed this case. Thus the case is no longer searchable through EDRS once it is claimed by another funeral home. And two, if this decedent has been identified, perhaps the Medical Examiner removed the case and is working on generating a new death certificate? I am not certain, I am only speculating but it would be great if she is identified.

I'll go ahead and flag this thread Identified.

If it turns out that she is still unidentified, I can always change back the flag and return it to the UID forum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back