NJ NJ - Norma Yates, 62, known to frequent West Atco, Winslow Township, 31 Jul 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1691391527916.png

The Winslow Twp. Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance with locating Norma Yates, a 62-year-old white female.

Norma is approximately 5’1″ tall and weighs approximately 130 pounds. She was reported missing on July 31, 2023 and is known to frequent the West Atco section of Winslow Township.

If you have any information regarding her whereabouts, please contact the Winslow Township Police Department at 609-561-3300.

Winslow Township Police Facebook:

Yates pocketbook and cellphone were found at her home and there was no sign of her leaving the area on neighbors’ surveillance cameras, a family friend told Fox News. The friend also said Yates is usually in regular communication with family, talking to her kids daily.

Yates is known to frequent the West Atco section of town, police said.
STILL MISSING!!!! Something is terribly wrong, my mother would never just disappear. My mother would call us every...
Posted by Nichole Starinieri Ennis on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Yates’s daughter, Nichole Ennis, said she and her family are “at a complete mystery here.”

Search and rescue teams have been looking for Yates on Saturday, Ennis said.

Ennis said there is no footage of her mother walking away from her home on neighbors’ surveillance cameras. Yates’s personal belongings, including her pocket book and cell phone, were found in her home, Ennis said.

AUG 14, 2023
[...]

Yates was last seen on July 29 by a construction crew working at a neighbor's house, Fox29 reported. She was reported missing after she missed a coffee date with a friend.

[...]

“Her life is filled with pure joy from her grandbabies and her constant presence in our life has us deeply concerned that there has been foul play,” Yates’ daughter Nichole wrote on social media.

“We’re having a baby in just 24 days, there is no way she wouldn’t be here to support us.”

[...]

There’s numerous media reports that all mention she was last spotted by a construction crew at her home.

While trying to find her address I discovered a news article that also said she was visited by police on that day also. They were doing a welfare check and found her at a nearby building charging her phone. She said she was thirsty and they gave her a bottle of water.

Not many people come into contact with the police and then suddenly go missing. Somehow it seems that these circumstances had something to do with it. Perhaps a paranoid drug addict saw her talking to the police and didnt know why. Why was she charging her phone at a nearby building and not her house? Who instigated the welfare check? She spoke to her neighbor daily but theres no camera footage of her leaving? Sure sounds like to me someone knows a lot more than what they are saying..

AUG 17, 2023
Police said Yates was last seen at her trailer home on Vineyard Road in the Atco section of Winslow on July 29.

A welfare check was conducted and police said they found Yates charging her phone beside a nearby building. When police spoke to Yates she told them she was fine and they gave her a bottle of water since she claimed she was thirsty and she went home.

The next day, Yates' family was concerned when they did not hear from her and called the police.

AUG 18, 2023
[...]

Family friend SM told Fox News Digital that neighbors checked their home surveillance cameras and found no signs of Yates coming or going, leaving the family "super perplexed."

"This is a mom that’s extremely involved with her children, her grandchildren, talks to her kids every day," she said. "No new boyfriend in the picture – her daily routine was hanging out with her neighbor, having coffee, spending time with the kids."

[...]

Yates has three grandchildren all under the age of three and Ennis is just a few weeks away from delivering her second child. Ennis' husband is undergoing cancer treatments in New York City. Yates has been their primary caregiver.

[...]

There’s numerous media reports that all mention she was last spotted by a construction crew at her home.

While trying to find her address I discovered a news article that also said she was visited by police on that day also. They were doing a welfare check and found her at a nearby building charging her phone. She said she was thirsty and they gave her a bottle of water.

Not many people come into contact with the police and then suddenly go missing. Somehow it seems that these circumstances had something to do with it. Perhaps a paranoid drug addict saw her talking to the police and didnt know why. Why was she charging her phone at a nearby building and not her house? Who instigated the welfare check? She spoke to her neighbor daily but theres no camera footage of her leaving? Sure sounds like to me someone knows a lot more than what they are saying..
This exchange sounds to me like she was disoriented, charging her phone elsewhere and telling cops she was thirsty. Nothing "wrong" with either of those things, but seems off, like her thinking is fuzzy. Maybe she tried to go home, but with muddled thinking, she couldn't find her way ? idk

jmo

Nothing wrong with it whatsoever, but its crucial details that are not being reported anywhere. If she was dizzy and disoriented right before she went missing, then she could have collapsed somewhere in proximity. But what we have is 100 media reports of her neighbor’s construction crew seeing her last. Why is the police not mentioning this? Does she have a good relationship with them?

She lived on Vineyard rd but I don’t know the exact address. Yesterday I drove down there as I am a little familiar with the area. Its next to Atco lake. If she was hot and disoriented and didnt drive, perhaps she went there to cool off.

Theres a wooded green area and a buffer in the backyards of the houses on the south side. It didnt appear that she would have went in the lake anywhere or in that area for various reasons. The lake us currently very low and only estimated at 2-3 feet deep at most.

But when I walked around to the side by rt30 I noticed there was an old dirt boat ramp which looked like a good spot to wade in. The foliage in the lake at that spot had appeared to be disturbed within the last few weeks. With plant matter covering everything on the top of the lake it looked like someone had gone in for some reason. But if she had collapsed, her body would have to have sank immediately and stayed there which is highly unlikely. And if there was any bodies anywhere in the lake it would likely be visible.

But yet there was a full bottle of water right there with a generic label. Probably the type police would give out. Did she wade in on a hot day? Directly across from the boat ramp there was a generic looking massage parlor. No real name, just a sign saying acupuncture, walk in welcome, and a small flashing neon sign saying massage. The type that have multiple FOP stickers on the door and sexy women that barely speak english, offering happy endings, and police are often told to look the other way.

So a customer in a state of arousal and a violent history intending to pull into the parking lot sees her wading in the nasty lake.

For some reason Im having issues editing. Perhaps she knew what was going on and had a problem with it and the police were being paid off. Perhaps a customer asked her if she needed a ride. Perhaps she passed out and sank. Lots of scenarios..

This exchange sounds to me like she was disoriented, charging her phone elsewhere and telling cops she was thirsty. Nothing "wrong" with either of those things, but seems off, like her thinking is fuzzy. Maybe she tried to go home, but with muddled thinking, she couldn't find her way ? idk

jmo
BBM Except that her cell phone was found at her home. MOO

JUL 29, 2024
[...]

"We’ve used LANDSAR, we've used New Jersey state police," said Winslow Police Lieutenant Ray Cogan. "We did a local search of the area, abandoned properties."

Police said they had used K9s to search nearby areas and Yates' family conducted their own searches - but there was no sight of her.

[...]

Yates has four grandchildren and Ennis gave birth to her second child after Yates went missing.

"The pain is indescribable. I don’t think that anyone no matter who they are, can truly understand where we're coming from," said Ennis. "We will not walk away from this story, because Norma didn’t walk away. Norma does need our help.”

Yates turned 63 during her disappearance. Ennis said her mother did not have a car and she would never just vanish and miss her own birthday.

[...]

Norma A. Yates​

yates_norma2.jpg
yates_norma3.jpg
yates_norma4.jpg
yates_norma6.jpg
yates_norma_tattoo.jpg

Yates, circa 2023; Yates's ladybug tattoo
  • Missing Since 07/29/2023
  • Missing From Winslow Township, New Jersey
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 62 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'1, 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray tank top over a purple tank top and blue denim shorts.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Graying brown hair, hazel eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

Yates was last seen on Vineyard Road in the Atco section of Winslow Township, New Jersey at 5:00 p.m. on July 29, 2023. A neighbor became concerned about her because she seemed disoriented, and called the police for a welfare check. The police found her outside, charging her phone. They spoke to her and she said she was fine, although thirsty. The police gave her a bottle of water, and then she went home.

The next morning, Yates was supposed to meet with a friend for a coffee; she didn't show up. Later in the day her family called the police, concerned because they hadn't heard from her and because her belongings, including her cellular phone, pocketbook and debit card, were left behind.

Authorities launched a search for her but could find no evidence of her whereabouts. Yates's neighbors checked their home surveillance cameras but were unable to find images of her.

Yates did not have a car at the time of her disappearance. Her daughter said her trailer home had been left in a "not very tidy" condition, which is uncharacteristic of Yates's behavior. It's also uncharacteristic of her to be out of touch with her family; she had been in daily contact with them and had become the primary caregiver for her young grandchildren while their father was going through cancer treatments out of state.

The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.

Last updated August 3, 2024; casefile added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag
Back