NJ NJ - Roberta Anne Michels-Hopkins, 28, Camden, 17 Feb 1981

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
twhat year were the terrible fires in Camden that destroyed a lot of buildings? If I remember correctly, it had something to do with mischief night
it was not until 1991. Something of note in 1981 Camden, the mayor had been indicted that year i believe on fraud charges and the police were on strike as well. The strike may be partly responsible for no report being made.

• michels-hopkins_roberta4.jpg
  • michels-hopkins_roberta5.jpg
  • michels-hopkins_roberta6.jpg
  • michels-hopkins_roberta7.jpg
  • michels-hopkins_roberta_ap.jpg
Michels-Hopkins, circa 1981; Age-progression to an unknown age

• Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Michels-Hopkins occasionally wears wigs. She has a scar on her right wrist and a scar on her ankle. Her nicknames are Bertie and Robin.

Details of Disappearance​

Michels-Hopkins was last seen in Camden, New Jersey on February 17, 1981. She left home during a blizzard to go out and get cigarettes and food stamps. She never returned home and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Casefile updated Sept 2 2024

After watching Into the Fire last night, I have felt nothing but inspired, yet outraged. I watched from a personal lens, and it became a very quick realization that Cathy and I have parallels in these horrifying missing persons situations. If you have not watched the film, please do so. I am not one to watch documentaries because of how heavy and emotional they can be, but I watched this one, and for the first time the weight of my granmother's story has hit me. It's become more real than just a missing person's case I've been trying to find out. I have this intense desire to find out what happened to her. I'm over letting family members and friends who know what happened to her play innocent and sweet. I'm tired of the PD not having any answers, and not doing anything to help my family, whatsoever.
I get the same messages from the PD of this pretend investigation it feels like at this point. They continue to say "we're trying but no one is answering us back" like they don't have access and resources at their fingertips.
We have had little coverage, and we need so much more. We need to be on day shows, and talk shows, something to reach the demographic of ages 60+.
My grandmother went missing 43 years ago, and not a single person did more than shrug their shoulders until 41 years later.
I spoke with another family member that was closer to Roberta's mom's side of the family. He said " Roberta had a spark to her, and her dad didn't like that. He would try to dull her spark."
Someone knows something. We will find out. I hope Carl Koppelman can help!

• michels-hopkins_roberta4.jpg
  • michels-hopkins_roberta5.jpg
  • michels-hopkins_roberta6.jpg
  • michels-hopkins_roberta7.jpg
  • michels-hopkins_roberta_ap.jpg
Michels-Hopkins, circa 1981; Age-progression to an unknown age

• Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Michels-Hopkins occasionally wears wigs. She has a scar on her right wrist and a scar on her ankle. Her nicknames are Bertie and Robin.

Details of Disappearance​

Michels-Hopkins was last seen in Camden, New Jersey on February 17, 1981. She left home during a blizzard to go out and get cigarettes and food stamps. She never returned home and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Casefile updated Sept 2 2024
they aged it to be about 72 years old, her age now

interestingly enough, kumar left a car at a tow lot in 1986 in camden where it became abandoned and auctioned off in March, a 74 Ford
Yes, possibly due to his homelessness or lack of funds... the PD were supposed to be looking into.. still nothing

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artificiallife86
Back