NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It talks about media attention that arouse intense public interest.
Substantial prejudice and right to a fair trial.
Defendants reputation would be harmed, influence public opinion.
AC has safety issues, (I don't blame him)

This a summary by me in my own words. Maybe we can have one of our verified attorney's here interpret for us.

Finished reading the affidavit and the court order and still have questions. I'm not sure if it's due to poor reporting, PT not being entirely truthful with LE, LM not being entirely truthful in the recording or because certain information has been sealed, but there are aspects of this case -at least as reported so far- that just don't make sense to me: Why would the $7,000 be kept in a "safety deposit box"? The affidavit also states "[LM] removed a safe from her home and got approximately $7,000 from the same"; so was the money taken out of the "safety deposit box" at one point, put into the "safe," which LM took with him and buried in Sandy Hook?

One thing I find curious is that according to the nj.com article, the pieces of clothing found in the safe buried in Shark River Park indeed belonged to Sarah. Why?

Sources: https://www.scribd.com/document/340107945/McAtasney-Taylor-affidavits#from_embed
http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ss...tm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#comments

Finished reading the affidavit and the court order and still have questions. I'm not sure if it's due to poor reporting, PT not being entirely truthful with LE, LM not being entirely truthful in the recording or because certain information has been sealed, but there are aspects of this case -at least as reported so far- that just don't make sense to me: Why would the $7,000 be kept in a "safety deposit box"? The affidavit also states "[LM] removed a safe from her home and got approximately $7,000 from the same"; so was the money taken out of the "safety deposit box" at one point, put into the "safe," which LM took with him and buried in Sandy Hook?

One thing I find curious is that according to the nj.com article, the pieces of clothing found in the safe buried in Shark River Park indeed belonged to Sarah. Why?

Sources: https://www.scribd.com/document/340107945/McAtasney-Taylor-affidavits#from_embed
http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ss...tm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#comments

She can keep her money where she wants imo. Better in the bank, it's safer. Honestly, I have no problem with that. When my son was a college freshman and home during winter break, he made over $1,000 working in the A&P. She may have saved that money over time. Gifts, graduation, and from working. She may have been saving for a car or for travel. Smart girl. She lived at home as well, easy to save.

Using the word safe is just semantics imo. Probably one of those metal lock boxes.

I thought it odd too. Why did she have over $7,000 is cash in a safety deposit box at a bank and not in some sort of account? I'm almost positive you cannot take the "box" with you if you take anything from it so where do these other 2 safes come from if one had the money and the other had pieces of her clothing?

One of our verified attorney's will be here later to help with docs.

She can keep her money where she wants imo. Better in the bank, it's safer. Honestly, I have no problem with that. When my son was a college freshman and home during winter break, he made over $1,000 working in the A&P. She may have saved that money over time. Gifts, graduation, and from working. She may have been saving for a car or for travel. Smart girl. She lived at home as well, easy to save.

Using the word safe is just semantics imo. Probably one of those metal lock boxes.

Yes, I do think that Sarah had been saving the money, too. Why not put it in a savings account or get a CD, though ($7,000 is a lot of money, IMO)? If it weren't for the fact that Sarah is missing, with suspects stating they murdered her for the money (personally, I believe they killed her for something else, as well as the money - something much more sinister), I wouldn't think much of it, but because of the circumstance, it bothers me.

After reading over the available information it sounded like she had a safety deposit box at the bank. The second "safe" may have been at her home. Liam may have taken SS's clothing off before placing her over the bridge. This way no DNA would be recovered from her clothing. So, one box was buried with money and the other box was buried with possible evidence. Just my take. Even if she did not physically take the locked box from the bank, sounds like they had 2 and these evil boys tried to bury them. Sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I do think that Sarah had been saving the money, too. Why not put it in a savings account or get a CD, though ($7,000 is a lot of money, IMO)? If it weren't for the fact that Sarah is missing, with suspects stating they murdered her for the money (personally, I believe they killed her for something else, as well as the money - something much more sinister), I wouldn't think much of it, but because of the circumstance, it bothers me.

She may have had accounts as well. Maybe that money was being saved for something specific. IDK. Based on everything I've read about her, and by her, I see nothing nefarious. JMO. She seems to have moved on and away from "those two". Some people prefer safe deposit boxes. I had a boss that kept big money in SDB.

What I don't understand is why LM did what he did. That's the bigger question to me.

The other question I have is how was the amount determined. SDB would show no records, so I'm guessing confession or relative knew the amount.

eta: OR that was the amount LE found in the box. Maybe there was more and they took some.

After reading over the available information it sounded like she had a safety deposit box at the bank. The second "safe" may have been at her home. Liam may have taken SS's clothing off before placing her over the bridge. This way no DNA would be recovered from her clothing. So, one box was buried with money and the other box was buried with possible evidence. Just my take. Even if she did not physically take the locked box from the bank, sounds like they had 2 and these evil boys tried to bury them. Sick!

I do think that there will be some sort of DNA evidence found on the clothing. I just find it unusual that they buried it, rather than to throw it into a random Dumpster behind a convenience store, for example. They buried the money, so that they could retrieve it for later use, correct? Why her clothes? Why not just throw it away? And why was it in pieces? Did LM and PT end up ripping the clothes off Sarah, or was there another reason? I may be over-thinking here, but then again, so many things about this case don't make sense to me, leading me to wonder if LM and PT are really being truthful about where they left Sarah (the most important thing here, IMO).

I do think that there will be some sort of DNA evidence found on the clothing. I just find it unusual that they buried it, rather than to throw it into a random Dumpster behind a convenience store, for example. They buried the money, so that they could retrieve it for later use, correct? Why her clothes? Why not just throw it away? And why was it in pieces? Did LM and PT end up ripping the clothes off Sarah, or was there another reason? I may be over-thinking here, but then again, so many things about this case don't make sense to me, leading me to wonder if LM and PT are really being truthful about where they left Sarah (the most important thing here, IMO).

I thought they might've kept the clothing so that they could plant it on the beach in a few months, showing evidence of suicide.

Omg. Geez kill a friend for 7,000 dollars?! What would LM do for$100, break your dog's legs? It should go to trial in 2 to 3 years.

Speaking of dogs, I wonder what they did with Buddy :(
I'm guessing they closed him up in another room. So sad.

I thought they might've kept the clothing so that they could plant it on the beach in a few months, showing evidence of suicide.

I would have never thought of this, but it makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing!

That's how I'm reading it too. She went to the bank to access a safety deposit box. The safe from her home is the one that contained $7000.

I was just thinking about AC. LM knows who he spoke with that day, so that means you can bet that cat's out of the bag.

I was just thinking about AC. LM knows who he spoke with that day, so that means you can bet that cat's out of the bag.

Yeah I'm sure both PT & LM knew right away. Hopefully for A.C., the media won't find out.

Yeah I'm sure both PT & LM knew right away. Hopefully for A.C., the media won't find out.

<modsnip> I know there's talk of a third person but I don't really know where that's coming from. Is AC who people are referring to as the 3rd?

And why do people think there is a third? Sources?

Thinking, do you think Sarah went to the bank willingly or was she threatened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper