Found Deceased NJ - Stephanie Bronaugh, 29, West Milford, 1 July 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pic with blonde hair:

36546651_1751229121637378_1399843306212425728_n.jpg

West Milford Police Department

this is a friend of mine. she is a really nice person who has had some issues in her past. they have found a body, but are waiting on dental records. the cops have not released any more information as of 10 AM EST.

this is a friend of mine. she is a really nice person who has had some issues in her past. they have found a body, but are waiting on dental records. the cops have not released any more information as of 10 AM EST.

Welcome to WB DMNR...very sorry for the reason that caused you to join. Thoughts and prayers are with you and Stephanie's family while you await further information.

The entire situation is weird. First, they list two different locations for the accident. Second, they never even say if it's a single car accident or if anyone else was involved. Third, they even say in several articles that they will not be releasing any more information. Like what? Fourth, I can't think of any real reason she would have run from the scene of an accident. If it was for drug reasons, she would have ditched the stuff and shown up somewhere alive. But if you were running to ditch things you have on you, why would you leave your shoe? The area the accident is located is in dense forest....you wouldn't get very far without your shoes. And if she was injured and wandered off, someone would have found her. The weather has been nice and so many people have been out dirt biking/ATVing/off roading, someone would have come across her. Plus, it's not desolate out there, she would have come across a house after 8 days. She isn't the type of person to just run away either.... Still no more news on my end.

The entire situation is weird. First, they list two different locations for the accident. Second, they never even say if it's a single car accident or if anyone else was involved. Third, they even say in several articles that they will not be releasing any more information. Like what? Fourth, I can't think of any real reason she would have run from the scene of an accident. If it was for drug reasons, she would have ditched the stuff and shown up somewhere alive. But if you were running to ditch things you have on you, why would you leave your shoe? The area the accident is located is in dense forest....you wouldn't get very far without your shoes. And if she was injured and wandered off, someone would have found her. The weather has been nice and so many people have been out dirt biking/ATVing/off roading, someone would have come across her. Plus, it's not desolate out there, she would have come across a house after 8 days. She isn't the type of person to just run away either.... Still no more news on my end.
Based on the info we have, I think the 2 most likely possibilities are: 1) had an accident while under the influence, didn't want to call police and get a DUI, walked away and got lost/disoriented/hypothermic depending on weather. what would nighttime temps be like in the area? 2) had an accident, someone stopped as if to help but abducted her instead, and her shoe came off during a struggle. doesn't really explain the cell phone being left unless it was in her car or dropped during a struggle as well. was the accident in a busy area?

We were in a heat wave this last week in NJ. 90 - 100 daytime temps disgusting humidity, 70-80's at night. But come Friday it broke and the weather has been beautiful all weekend. I don't live far from here and am familiar with Oak Ridge Road which is where the accident reportedly happened. DMNR is right definitely not a desolate area, although not congested either. Lots of woods in the area, but homes and businesses as well. Reports are vague as to where along the road the accident happened, I'm going to come home from work this way tomorrow to see if I can figure out the area, although driving around Jefferson always brings back terrible memories of another young girl who was murdered in July 1984 (Dawn Keimel)

1) had an accident while under the influence, didn't want to call police and get a DUI, walked away and got lost/disoriented/hypothermic depending on weather.

As JrzyGirl70 said, we were in a heat wave. I know the 4th was so hot at night because I was drenched while setting off fireworks. Like 80 degrees. So hypothermia is a definite no. Heat exhaustion is a possibility. However, the area is surrounded by 3 roads. 1 of which is a major highway. It also has a town in the center of the area. So being lost for 8 days without anyone seeing her is pretty hard if she's on the run.

And since we have been in the heat wave, on friday I must have seen well over 5 people just dirt biking. Its a well known area for off roading. I lived up there for a year just recently. So I know whenever there is nice weather, the woods are very busy. I feel like someone would have come across her.

2) had an accident, someone stopped as if to help but abducted her instead,

This was my initial thought. The one thing that bothers me, is that they need dental records to ID the body. Even if there was damage to her head from a fall or murder, she would still have finger prints and her multiple tattoo's to easily ID her.....If they need dental records, to me that means fire. What kind of shape is the body in?

As JrzyGirl70 said, we were in a heat wave. I know the 4th was so hot at night because I was drenched while setting off fireworks. Like 80 degrees. So hypothermia is a definite no. Heat exhaustion is a possibility. However, the area is surrounded by 3 roads. 1 of which is a major highway. It also has a town in the center of the area. So being lost for 8 days without anyone seeing her is pretty hard if she's on the run.

And since we have been in the heat wave, on friday I must have seen well over 5 people just dirt biking. Its a well known area for off roading. I lived up there for a year just recently. So I know whenever there is nice weather, the woods are very busy. I feel like someone would have come across her.

This was my initial thought. The one thing that bothers me, is that they need dental records to ID the body. Even if there was damage to her head from a fall or murder, she would still have finger prints and her multiple tattoo's to easily ID her.....If they need dental records, to me that means fire. What kind of shape is the body in?
Do you have a link for LE or MSM reporting that a body has been found and pending dental records for ID? If not it is considered rumor here and is against WS Terms of Service to discuss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back