CONVICTION OVERTURNED NJ - Timothy Wiltsey, 5, murdered, Sayreville, 25 May 1991 *Released 2021*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NBC’s Dateline will feature the case that led detectives on a decades-long investigation after Michelle Lodzinski reported her five-year old son, Timothy “Timmy” Wiltsey, missing from a carnival in Sayreville in 1991.

The two-hour segment, “The Blue Blanket Mystery,” will air 8 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CT on April 29 with exclusive television interviews with insiders close to the case including former New Jersey Detective Keith Hackett, Timmy’s cousin Jennifer Blair-Dilcher, and Michelle Lodzinski’s sister Linda Hisley.

More at NBC's Dateline to feature Michelle Lodzinski case - centraljersey.com

I watched this and was saddened by the entire story. I think if this murder had taken place today the forensics would have solved the case. Forensics and DNA testing are so much better in 2022 than they were in 1991! Also, I feel the local police did not do a thourough search for evidence. All in all I feel that the mother is a sociopath and resented not being able to party like her peers. The bannister in her home should have been wiped for DNA as well as othe areas of the home. All in all...she got away with murder.

NBC’s Dateline will feature the case that led detectives on a decades-long investigation after Michelle Lodzinski reported her five-year old son, Timothy “Timmy” Wiltsey, missing from a carnival in Sayreville in 1991.

The two-hour segment, “The Blue Blanket Mystery,” will air 8 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CT on April 29 with exclusive television interviews with insiders close to the case including former New Jersey Detective Keith Hackett, Timmy’s cousin Jennifer Blair-Dilcher, and Michelle Lodzinski’s sister Linda Hisley.

More at NBC's Dateline to feature Michelle Lodzinski case - centraljersey.com
So I tried to watch the full episode last night. However, I just fell into a vortex of commercials between segments that kept getting longer. LOL – anyone else have this happen? I am trying to download it instead now.

Michelle Lodzinski’s conviction in son’s 1991 killing overturned by N.J. Supreme Court​

It was a stunning turnaround in one of N.J.'s most infamous cold cases, which had remained unresolved for years even though Michelle Lodzinski was considered a prime suspect.

Lodzinski was a single mother in central New Jersey in May 1991 when she told investigators Wiltsey had disappeared while they were at a carnival in Sayreville. She later gave conflicting accounts describing strangers she had seen who could have kidnapped the boy. Wiltsey’s body was found nearly a year later, in a marshy area near an office complex where Lodzinski had once worked.

As time passed and no charges were filed, Lodzinski went on with her life and had two other children. She was living in Port St. Lucie, Florida, in 2014 when authorities in New Jersey charged her with killing Wiltsey. Investigators said a break in the case had come when Wiltsey’s former babysitters identified a blue blanket, found along with the boy’s body, as belonging to Lodzinski.

Here is a preview of Andrea Canning’s report:

It was a moment that devastated nearly everyone in this quiet corner of suburbia.

ANDREA CANNING: This is really a parent’s worst nightmare.

SIBILE MARCELLUS: Yes, absolutely.

The little boy at a carnival — who suddenly vanished.

JIM RYAN: The innocence that we had as a community was changed from that day on.

Everyone was touched by this case, from the parents who swore never to lose sight of their children again.

KEITH HACKETT: I went home, I hugged my kids. I felt so bad.

To the tireless detectives who searched and labored, losing hope they would ever find answers.

MARY ROBILLARD: I have nightmares every May 25 when he disappeared.

Thirty years of twists and turns.

SIBILE MARCELLUS: It’s like mystery on top of mystery on top of mystery.

And then, just a few months ago, the case suddenly came to a dramatic and controversial end.

SIBILE MARCELLUS: That we didn’t see coming.

LINDA HISEY: I screamed. (EMOTION) And I got on my knees.

ANDREA CANNING: This is one of the most shocking twists — for the end of a case that I’ve ever seen.

KEVIN SKOLNIK: Yes. Unbelievable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back