GUILTY NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death #2 *NG murder, Guilty endangering welfare, agg manslaughter*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MOO

My prediction based on how I hear the murder instructions --

I think the jury will find him guilty of the lesser murder charge. Aggravated or reckless manslaughter.

I don't think he intended to murder Corey. But he did show grave indifference to human life. Aware of and ignoring the risk of death.

Guilty of endangerment
Guilty of aggravated manslaughter.

MOO
I agree. I've just looked up the sentence parameters for Aggravated Manslaughter and it's 10 to 30 years, with a mandated 85% of that having to be serves in State Prison.

Endangerment on the other hand is a pitiful sentence of 18 months :mad:

I agree. I've just looked up the sentence parameters for Aggravated Manslaughter and it's 10 to 30 years, with a mandated 85% of that having to be serves in State Prison.

Endangerment on the other hand is a pitiful sentence of 18 months :mad:
G. K. Chesterton -- you can determine the health of a nation by how it treats its women and children. (Paraphrase mine)

18 months. Three months for each time Corey fell. That's so not right. Corey would have been scarred -- and scared -- for life. If he been given the chance to live, that is.

I predict 30 years plus 18 months, less time served.

CG will get a second chance at life.

Corey won't.

JMO

Jury is off to deliberate. My impression, the Judge is thinking in terms of a verdict today. Maybe that's always the assumption and not a clue for this case.

Correction! Jury instructions are complete. Now onto housekeeping and jury of 12 selection.

Jury is off to deliberate. My impression, the Judge is thinking in terms of a verdict today. Maybe that's always the assumption and not a clue for this case.

Correction! Jury instructions are complete. Now onto housekeeping and jury of 12 selection.
I think the prosecution got points from the jury for wrapping it up yesterday. I was PO'd how judge seemed to push the pros to hurry up after giving defense no pressure.

It will take the jury some time IMO to go through, not just the evidence, but the charges, much there to consider.

Betting the initial straw poll on endangerment will unanimous but they still have to walk through it. State did a good job working through it point by point.

Straw poll on 'some degree of murder' probably unanimous too. State did a good job setting up CG's motive amd patterns, his lack of attention. No urgency, no 911. The text messages and internet searches. Flight.

It'll come down to intention IMO. Did CG MEAN to kill him? Did he think his actions COULD kill him?

He certainly SHOULD HAVE known that a child is small, his organs are vulnerable, 6 year olds aren't built to withstand tremendous force.

Ironic in a sad way. I wonder if Corey still used a car/booster seat. I wonder if CG automatically, as a matter of course, had Corey sit in the backseat, boostered. Not because he (CG) was consciously concerned for Corey's safety, more that it's just what you do. Just sad because all those steps are designed to protect children from impact, because their bodies will be CRUSHED by front seat airbags.

The airbag who crushed Corey was his own father. Didn't mean to, maybe. But he did. Serious internal damage, fatal internal damage.

Paramedics response time? Probably minutes. Could Corey have survived? Immediate intervention? emergency surgeries?

We'll never know. No 911. Because CG probably first had to eat some McDonald's, make plans with Marci, undress Corey and throw away his clothes, take a selfie, flirt, talk to mommy, eventually drive to the hospital but even there, sound no alarm.

Yeah, CG, all that doctoring Corey received the night before, from his concerned mom, that's all irrelevant today. Corey's NEW symptoms only started AFTER receiving severe chest and abdominal impact injuries. THAT'S the information the medical professionals needed, not that he was fine YESTERDAY.

CG failed at fatherhood in every way imaginable.

JMO

I've reached the part of state's closing where Lento hammers home the fact that CG does not call 911 for ambulance for his dying child, instead he tosses him in the backseat amongst the flotsom onto the backseat and drives him to ER.

Yet Gallucci tried like h*ll to vilify Bre for not letting ER the night before send him to Jersey Shore in an ambulance as offered and she drove him instead (AMA) even though at that time Dr.'s ahve testified that Corey was perfectly fine.

I've reached the part of state's closing where Lento hammers home the fact that CG does not call 911 for ambulance for his dying child, instead he tosses him in the backseat amongst the flotsom onto the backseat and drives him to ER.

Yet Gallucci tried like h*ll to vilify Bre for not letting ER the night before send him to Jersey Shore in an ambulance as offered and she drove him instead (AMA) even though at that time Dr.'s ahve testified that Corey was perfectly fine.
Doesn't call 911.... messages Marci... undresses and REDRESSES Corey.... again doesn't call 911, calls his mommy.... THEN he throws him in the car and drives to the hospital.

Reckless indifference.

IMO aggravated murder.

Jmo

Jury likely wanted to see the moment CG bore down on Corey's head. Those of us who stomached watching that painful video had to watch it again to realize CG was biting Corey. Jury didn't get that chance until now. Biting or growling.

CG really has no defense.

Jmo

wow, david gregor's expressions during state's closing portion about the flight after Corey's death and subsequent vacays with girlfriends tell me he is INFURIATED and trying hard to maintain composure. MOO

This is the first time I have ever caught a whif of what I suspect is a very rigid and angry personality swimming under all the well put together outfits and respected former career.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back