GUILTY NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death #2 *NG murder, Guilty endangering welfare, agg manslaughter*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok help me....confused...
20 years with no time off until 85% served? Then he can ask for parole? Or is it automatic reduction of15%?

Then the 5 solid years starts.

Where do the 800+ days come off for time served?

Sounds like 21 (?) and out.
Lots of life left after 53.

Ok help me....confused...
20 years with no time off until 85% served? Then he can ask for parole? Or is it automatic reduction of15%?

Then the 5 solid years starts.

Where do the 800+ days come off for time served?

Sounds like 21 (?) and out.
Lots of life left after 53.
I hope he contests this.

But I’m thinking he’s down from his otherwise perpetual high, so I wont get my hopes up.

I’d like to see a longer sentence and I think there’s room for improvement.
Oh, I misunderstood. Still, what do you mean by him contesting the sentence? Who? Surely Dad is in it already but that would be towards even more lenient sentence.

New rule:

Doesn't matter that you took your child to tball ten times if you kill him once.
Yeah. If only he would have treadmill-tortured Corey on a day closer to when he finally killed him, judge said it could have been seen as just one instance of aberrant behavior. <<angry>>

Cautionary tale... to let children make mistakes and then allow them to experience the consequences of minor actions... I can think of one very tall reason CG doesn't have a string of DUIs on his record..

JMO

He'll be out in, what, 18 or something... young enough to continue to reproduce. If he doesn't sooner. Why are there always women broken enough to line up for inmates? Please, all women, do not reproduce with this man. Pretty sure the humane society wouldn't allow him to adopt another dog if he'd been found to have treated one like he treated his own son.

Will CG be able to control himself in prison? I don't see how he'll fare well there or anywhere because of all the things that trip his temper.

JMO

I’d like to see a longer sentence and I think there’s room for improvement.

I would like to see this guy contest the trial not just the sentencing. This was murder.
IANAL. Unfortunately, or fortunately though, the jury rendered the verdict on the evidence. So it seems this is the result. And on L&C there was a lot of comment on the judge and the seeming long sentence instruction. I think it was right to do that, to help reduce any likelihood of appeal.

I was a tad confused on which sentence was mandatory without any reduction. The longer or shorter of the two for the sentence. MOO

IANAL. Unfortunately, or fortunately though, the jury rendered the verdict on the evidence. So it seems this is the result. And on L&C there was a lot of comment on the judge and the seeming long sentence instruction. I think it was right to do that, to help reduce any likelihood of appeal.

I was a tad confused on which sentence was mandatory without any reduction. The longer or shorter of the two for the sentence. MOO
Iirc the 5 year, last, sentence can't be reduced.

The 20 year sentence can't be reduced more than 15%. But I don't know if that 15% reduction is automatic.

Then he gets time served, over 800 days, so 2 years ++.

Then there is 5 years of parole at the end...(?)
Not sure where that time served is applied.

Would be happy to be corrected.....

Last edited:
Yeah. If only he would have treadmill-tortured Corey on a day closer to when he finally killed him, judge said it could have been seen as just one instance of aberrant behavior. <<angry>>
But maybe someone can help here, IIRC I thought that was what allowed the sentences to run consecutively. Rather than concurrently. So in terms of time longevity served that works to society’s betterment. The longer this convicted felon is in prison. In other words the defendant didn’t get one ‘free’ crime because of that determination? IANAL. MOO

But maybe someone can help here, IIRC I thought that was what allowed the sentences to run consecutively. Rather than concurrently. So in terms of time longevity served that works to society’s betterment. The longer this convicted felon is in prison. IANAL. MOO
That was pure sarcasm on my part. Bad for him that he let time lapse between the treadmill incident, and the aggravated manslaughter. Judge was explaining that he could have reduced the sentence (ie applied concurrent sentence) if both crimes happened at once, or close together.

Off to prison he goes. I hope he thought jail was hard.
I hope he so lonely.
I hope people use him for his money
That is all the prisoners will see.
I hope for a few other things but will not say them out loud.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back