NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
woman testifying about bloodwork done on April 1 and April 2 visits. States white cells were elevated. He was acidotic, lactic acid very high. these indicate someone is critically ill. Causes someone to breath very fast.

compared white blood count from Jersey shore (7.5) results to the final hospital visit the following day (29.9).
The 7.5 on April 1 is within normal range? Per Dr. GOOGLE.

Last edited:
long sidebar discussion

once death has occurred this sort of imaging is not useful as the lungs have changed after death. CT Imaging was done 3 hours post mortem. There is no evidence that CT a lung after death that that sort of imaging is helpful. Post mortem lung culture was done, it grew a bacteria called Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. It's a very common but also bacteria that lives on many people. You can swab a pediatric patient's nose and find this bacteria in many perfectly healthy children but it can make you very very ill if gotten in the wrong place. A culture obtained after death is not helpful. integrity of surfaces is lost and things can be spread. when you intubate a patient and you are pushing air into their lungs you can easily push whatever is in the back of their throat into their lungs. Cannot determine the source of that bacteria with post mortem cultures. Isn't' an accurate way to determine if pneumonia was present.

she has treated many many children with that infection. It is accompanied by fever, a trigger (illness), labored breathing, etc. Collection of pus between lung and chest wall, sometimes must be drained. It comes on over days maybe even a week until medical attention is sought. By the time they arrive they have high fever, aren't eating, have very abnormal lung x-rays. Corey had none of those.

Blood culture was done shortly on arrival at 4:13 less than an hour before his death. This blood culture taken under sterile circumstances, were negative, meaning nothing grew to indicate staph aureus or any other infection. Corey had zero bacteria in his bloodstream. It should have been teaming with it if he died from staph aureus.

Last edited:
Now trying to make her look not credible by asking when she last performed an autopsy. ( as if he does know she is there to testify with expertise in infectious diseases and not the autopsy) He is implying that her expertise is in living children but not dead children (offensive IMO)

Asking her about Ragasa and implying he knows more because he was the ME. (he needs to be careful here because we and the jury know that Dr. is now in agreement with state's expert Andrew)

I recoil at "dead children". Defense says it almost with relish.

Is the attorney trying hard to desensitized the jury in the hope that they will forget that a little boy died...at the hands of his father?

Jmo

I recoil at "dead children". Defense says it almost with relish.

Is the attorney trying hard to desensitized the jury in the hope that they will forget that a little boy died...at the hands of his father?

Jmo
Hey ,I understand.
This is a trial about a dead child.
As a defense attorney ,Which I am not, he really needs to make it not about the kid. He probably is not allowed to pick and choose his cases.

To my layman's ears, this doctor is credible. Corey showed NONE of the signs of sepsis and the bacteria that was found in his lungs is commonly found around the noses and throats of otherwise healthy children ... incubated, that bacteria could have been directed into his lungs. My wording, there's just no clinical finding there.

Corey IMO presented in acute trauma. I would bebture to guess that his stats mirror those of a child who ultimately does of impact injuries from a car accident. What the stats reflect is a body's natural abd overwhelming response to a.catastrophic event.

What did he DO to that poor child? What did he DROP on him?

Has any expert theorized what would account for his injuries, more specific than 'blunt force'? My mind goes to barbells and weights but hands, just as deadly.

All MOO

Love how the prosecution is taking no BS and intervening quickly whenever Defense tries to mischaracterize her role in this trial.

defense is annoying hammering home she didn't perform the autopsy and isn't a forensic pathologist. Of course not she is an infections diseases expert. uggh, lets move on please. I personally find this cross tedious and ineffective.

Here we go, defense asks about her knowledge and experience of CPR on children. OMG Objection, asked and answered this three times already.

I am so ready for redirect, cannot wait.

Does CPR cause injuries? Yes. Where do those typically occur. Chest wall. Hammering home that she can't say how many times she has seen injury to the heart and liver from CPR during autopsy. Objection, she has already said she doesn't perform autopsies, your honor. This is not a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*