NL - Jonathan Jacob Meijer, 41, fined by Dutch court for breaking sperm donation limit and fathering over 500 children - 4/29/23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

A sperm donor who may have fathered over 500 children now faces a fine of around $110,000 if he donates again, a court ruled on Friday.

A Dutch court this week heard the case of Jonathan Jacob Meijer, 41, who promised mothers who used his sperm that he would stop donating in order to limit the risk of accidental incest but continued to donate anyway. Eva, the mother who launched the lawsuit, said that Meijer had misled the women.

But the judge who heard the case noted that Meijer had breached Dutch law, which allows a sperm donor to produce a maximum of 25 children with 12 mothers. Meijer "deliberately lied" to prospective parents about his donation history.

CEN-SperKnight-01.jpg

He is believed to have donated sperm to at least 13 clinics, including 11 in The Netherlands. Meijer was blacklisted from donating in his native country in 2017 after it was revealed that he had fathered 102 offspring – well over the official 25-child limit.

“If I had known he had already fathered more than 100 children I would never have chosen this donor,” the plaintiff, “Eva,” who gave birth to one of Meijer’s children in 2018, said in March.

“When I think about the consequences this could have for my child I am sick to my stomach. Going to court is the only way to protect my child.”

The Dutch DonorKind Foundation alleged in the suit that Meijer, who lives in Kenya, continued to donate sperm to clinics in Denmark and Ukraine. He is thought to have fathered between 500 to 600 children in total.

He has also reportedly offered himself as a donor to prospective parents on matching websites, sometimes under an alias.

He is believed to have donated sperm to at least 13 clinics, including 11 in The Netherlands. Meijer was blacklisted from donating in his native country in 2017 after it was revealed that he had fathered 102 offspring – well over the official 25-child limit.

“If I had known he had already fathered more than 100 children I would never have chosen this donor,” the plaintiff, “Eva,” who gave birth to one of Meijer’s children in 2018, said in March.

“When I think about the consequences this could have for my child I am sick to my stomach. Going to court is the only way to protect my child.”

The Dutch DonorKind Foundation alleged in the suit that Meijer, who lives in Kenya, continued to donate sperm to clinics in Denmark and Ukraine. He is thought to have fathered between 500 to 600 children in total.

He has also reportedly offered himself as a donor to prospective parents on matching websites, sometimes under an alias.
This doesn't just affect the 500+ kids themselves. Those kids and their families are going to have to have genetic counselling and testing for generations to come to avoid unknowing incest and genetic conditions.

It's about selfishness and narcissism and toxic masculinity. People out there are so desperate to have kids, so grateful to people who donate biological material to make that happen. They're very very vulnerable to this kind of violation, which is why laws preventing this need to be enforced, and the consequences need to be real ones, not the same level as a parking ticket.

For a personal viewpoint on being a victim of this kind of crime, 'Our Father' on Netflix is excellent.

MOO

This doesn't just affect the 500+ kids themselves. Those kids and their families are going to have to have genetic counselling and testing for generations to come to avoid unknowing incest and genetic conditions.

It's about selfishness and narcissism and toxic masculinity. People out there are so desperate to have kids, so grateful to people who donate biological material to make that happen. They're very very vulnerable to this kind of violation, which is why laws preventing this need to be enforced, and the consequences need to be real ones, not the same level as a parking ticket.

For a personal viewpoint on being a victim of this kind of crime, 'Our Father' on Netflix is excellent.

MOO
*I’ve seen another similar documentary, I can’t think of the name yet. I’ll watch this one. Thanks.

*eta : so sorry. this was the one cause I remember now that a couple of women sued Netflix over it.

Last edited:
*I’ve seen another similar documentary, I can’t think of the name yet. I’ll watch this one. Thanks.
There was a film made for tv in 1994 called The Babymaker based on true events with a very similar crime and offender, that I saw probably within a few years of it coming out. I have no idea if it's the one you saw or if it's available anywhere to watch.

MOO

FYI, the documentary that dropped today on Netflix about this case is excellent.

You could tell the filmmakers did an amazing job setting their subjects at ease, letting them feel free to talk frankly and at times humorously about the awkward, private, and at times gross nature of what is involved in making a baby with a sperm donor. And that gave this story the space to really bloom and evolve into a brilliant piece of filmmaking.

The children themselves are NEVER presented as a tragedy. They are very much all loved, wanted, and much longed for. Never regretted in and of themselves.

What the show highlights is the lack of regulation at all levels that allows people like JJM to not only get away with this, but do it legally, all over the world, and get paid to do it. This comes down to consent - none of these parents would have chosen JJM if there had been any way for them to know about his history and behaviour. He lied, and lied, and continues to lie, and his thousands of children will reap the burden of that callous, sociopathic, narcissistic goal to inseminate the world in his image.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer
Back