GUILTY NM - Cecelia Finona, 59, Farmington, 30 May 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A look at the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women featured in Dateline NBC’s Missing in America and Cold Case Spotlight

Following the identification, police charged Jerry Jay with first-degree murder. He was also with charged with kidnapping, and tampering with evidence. Once released from prison in Nevada, Jay will be extradited to New Mexico to face the new charges.
RS&BBMFF

NDOC Inmate Search (nv.gov)

If I understand this correctly, JJ, who is currently incarcerated in the Northern Nevada Correctional Center (Medium Security) has already had one parole hearing on 5/12/2021 and is currently eligible for parole on 9/17/2021. Under Mandatory Parole Release Guidelines, he could possibly be released on 3/24/2024 and the Projected Expiration Date for his sentence with no parole is 9/25/2024. o_O

Make of that what you will. :oops: MOO

AUG 29, 2022
[...]

"Sometimes I talk to her," Barber said. " I go through the door and say, 'Good morning, sister. How are you doing?' I think she's still here. That's what I think. It gives me comfort, [especially] knowing that she's not out there anymore."

“Today we have very mixed feelings. This marks the ending of two years of searching, and we’re deeply saddened at the outcome. We will continue working as we have since the day she disappeared to ensure the person responsible for this is held accountable. We offer our most heartfelt condolences to Cecelia’s family and friends," said Farmington Police Chief Steve Hebbe in a statement regarding this case.

Police have charged Jay with kidnapping, first degree murder, and tampering with evidence. A trial date has yet to be set.

SEP 9, 2022
Jerry Jay, 51, pleaded guilty in a Farmington court Thursday to second-degree murder and first-degree kidnapping in the May 31, 2019, death of Cecelia Finona of Farmington.

Jay faces up to 33 years in prison at a sentencing hearing scheduled Nov. 29 before 11th Judicial District Court Judge Karen Townsend.

Jay struck Finona on the head with a blunt object after an argument, Attorney General Hector Balderas’ office said in a statement. Jay then put her in the back seat of her truck and fled New Mexico.

“Ms. Finona bled to death in her truck as Jay drove through Arizona, Nevada, and California,” the statement said. “Eventually, he returned to Nevada to dispose of Ms. Finona’s body in a remote culvert outside Las Vegas.”

The man who pleaded guilty to kidnapping his then-girlfriend and hitting her in the back of the head with the butt of an ax before discarding her remains in the desert outside of Las Vegas was sentenced to spend the next three decades behind prison walls.

The man who pleaded guilty to kidnapping his then-girlfriend and hitting her in the back of the head with the butt of an ax before discarding her remains in the desert outside of Las Vegas was sentenced to spend the next three decades behind prison walls.
What a monster! :mad:

From the article:

“While incarcerated, Jay disclosed to his jailmate how he had murdered Finona and in fact had murdered a previous girlfriend but ‘learned how to do it better this time,'” according to prosecutors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back