Recovered/Located NM - Maverick, 3 & Orion Ransom, 4, taken by sex offender, Clarence Ransom, Las Cruces, 8 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok somebody that knows more than me on this help me out. His Texas status appears to be a conviction date of 3/2010? Correct?

And the Oklahoma disposition date is supposed to be 1/3/1991 in Oklahoma County and his registration start date is 8/12/2010. Would that mean he was incarcerated until then? I would like to find that record in Oklahoma.

On one of his profiles he claims to be Indian. Are those records available at the state level?

This article mentions that the father and mother are estranged. I wonder if the mother was ever aware of him being a sex offender? That may be why she left him on the list of contacts for the children- she might not have known. I am not defending her, but I do know someone personally who this happened to, and she had no clue the man she was married to for 13 years was a sex offender and she divorced him right after she found out.

New Mexico Boys Have Been Missing For Weeks After Sex Offender Dad Allegedly Took Them

Well, this may be why no Amber Alert- from the article below:

Officials said he was last seen driving a silver 2013 Toyota Camry with temporary tags.

New Mexico police looking for missing brothers who they say were taken by father

Nothing new on the article below that we don't already know:

MISSING: Two brothers taken by their sex offender father, police say. They haven’t been seen in weeks.

This article below says they're not sure if he took them to Mexico or not: :(

Police search for missing boys taken by sex offender father in N.M.

Good article below- more descriptive, anyway:

Police search for missing boys taken by sex offender father in N.M.

ranson.jpg

orion-ransom.jpg

New Mexico Boys Have Been Missing For Weeks After Sex Offender Dad Allegedly Took Them

The registry states that the victim was a female. I'm hoping this means that his boys are somewhat OK. They need to be brought back nonetheless.

Do we know what the family situation is?

He has multiple records. Go to familywatchdog.us. There he has charges in AR, NM, and TX. The charges in AR are listed with a misspelling of his last name as Ranson. While this registry does identify the juvenile under the age of 12 charge as a female victim, the charges in the other two states does not specify a gender. With a serial issue, it makes no sense how he continues to walk among the general public. One of the charges did not state a date, the other two were 1990 and 1991.

This article mentions that the father and mother are estranged. I wonder if the mother was ever aware of him being a sex offender? That may be why she left him on the list of contacts for the children- she might not have known. I am not defending her, but I do know someone personally who this happened to, and she had no clue the man she was married to for 13 years was a sex offender and she divorced him right after she found out.

Several of the articles stated that they had joint custody. The big question is how a judge ever saw fit to grant joint custody to a serial sex offender.

Several of the articles stated that they had joint custody. The big question is how a judge ever saw fit to grant joint custody to a serial sex offender.
Oh but they do. Don't you know, they're victims, too, of some sort? :rolleyes: I agree, what is he doing with partial custody of these kids?

We all see named suspects in cases that also have custody of their children, after they've murdered their spouse or partner. Nice, eh?

Thank you! I should probably read resource thread.

I see him claim on a profile to be Indian (his words) . Are those records included as I know they have their own government?
He has multiple records. Go to familywatchdog.us. There he has charges in AR, NM, and TX. The charges in AR are listed with a misspelling of his last name as Ranson. While this registry does identify the juvenile under the age of 12 charge as a female victim, the charges in the other two states does not specify a gender. With a serial issue, it makes no sense how he continues to walk among the general public. One of the charges did not state a date, the other two were 1990 and 1991.

I’m thinking he took the boys to Mexico, dropped them off with someone and came back across the border alone.

Why a sex offender has unsupervised visits with their children is beyond me. IMO

WHY is this not major!?!
Unfortunately, there's not a lot of information out there. Believe me, I have been looking. No press conferences by LE. No one's talking, not even on social media that I can find.

We all care, but with the lack of information, we're stuck.

I hope that these boys are alive, but I don't feel in my heart that they are. I think he's harmed them and for all we know, they could be buried somewhere in Mexico.

I also saw very little on social media. Very worried about these boys!!
Unfortunately, there's not a lot of information out there. Believe me, I have been looking. No press conferences by LE. No one's talking, not even on social media that I can find.

We all care, but with the lack of information, we're stuck.

I hope that these boys are alive, but I don't feel in my heart that they are. I think he's harmed them and for all we know, they could be buried somewhere in Mexico.

I also saw very little on social media. Very worried about these boys!!
I am, too. I wish there was a way to help. We don't know if he brought them over to Mexico, like some have alluded to, or if they're still in the area.

LE should do a press conference. It's over due, in my eyes!

This is the most recent article with more details:

Search continues for missing Ransom brothers taken from daycare center

Police are still on the hunt for two boys who were taken from a daycare center earlier this month by their father, who was allegedly upset about the outcome of a custody hearing earlier that day.

In 1991 in Oklahoma City, Ransom was convicted of raping an 11-year-old girl whom he didn't know before the incident.

This quote scares me the most from that article above:

Police believe Ransom took his two sons, Maverick Ransom, 3 and Orion Ransom 4, to Mexico, with two other adults, while under the influence of methamphetamine.

and this quote just about did me in, from their mother:

Kayla Christman, the boys' mother, told the Sun-News the last time she saw her sons was when she put them in their father's vehicle before a custody hearing on Oct. 8.

Apparently their father showed up at the daycare agitated, after the court appearance? How can that be?

A daycare worker told Christman that when Ransom arrived at the facility, he was still agitated and she wouldn't let him take the children until he calmed down, which he did.

Anyhow, great article to read today.

What I'm thinking is, he took the two to Mexico to stay with family or friends until he returned. He wanted custody of his kids and it seems he didn't get that. I don't think he would harm the kids but instead try to run away with them. Mexico makes sense. Him taking them and dropping them off fits also. Get the kids out of the states fast. Return get whatever you need and then you return yourself. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back