NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm on here, but can't spend as much time as I would like.
I just major surgery and going to have another soon. I will try to be on here later this month . Thank you all for caring about Mattie and Patty.
Take care and get well soon!

Thinking of Mattie and Patty and the people who loved them.

awhile.
He had a hearing and they sent him to the prison in Santa Fe. He was release about 2 yrs later. Mentally ill . But he didn't kill the girl's. He was used as a coverup.
Sunshine 1950 - do you know any more details on this man? Robert Sanders Junior

Hello...intrigued to know if anyone has looked into David Parker Ray for these murders. The FBI has published an IMMENSE collection of items found in his "Toy Box" and home when he was arrested. He would only have been 22 at the time of these murders, but told his fiancé his first kill was a woman tied to a tree when he had just turned a teenager. He also said that he had been raping since he was old enough to tie little girls hands behind their backs. It's possible he was in the military during that time but most of the rest of his life was spent in NM, and that is what he would do.....go on "hunts" and catch victims walking or biking. Some of the items in the inventory look to date back about that far, and look to span from women to girls to even a couple of men and little boys. Check it out anyway. In case either girl may have had clothing or jewelry items missing.
Items and Artifacts in David Parker Ray Case | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Hello...intrigued to know if anyone has looked into David Parker Ray for these murders. The FBI has published an IMMENSE collection of items found in his "Toy Box" and home when he was arrested. He would only have been 22 at the time of these murders, but told his fiancé his first kill was a woman tied to a tree when he had just turned a teenager. He also said that he had been raping since he was old enough to tie little girls hands behind their backs. It's possible he was in the military during that time but most of the rest of his life was spent in NM, and that is what he would do.....go on "hunts" and catch victims walking or biking. Some of the items in the inventory look to date back about that far, and look to span from women to girls to even a couple of men and little boys. Check it out anyway. In case either girl may have had clothing or jewelry items missing.
Items and Artifacts in David Parker Ray Case | Federal Bureau of Investigation
Welcome to Ws SMagnolia4ever, thanks for the intriguing post!

Has anyone ever suspected Royal Russell Long? He was a serial killer who roamed the west and killed pairs of girls. He died in prison in 1993. He was born in 1935 so he would have been about 26 at the time of the murders.

Has anyone ever suspected Royal Russell Long? He was a serial killer who roamed the west and killed pairs of girls. He died in prison in 1993. He was born in 1935 so he would have been about 26 at the time of the murders.
Welcome to Ws Baggins555!
Noted your suggestion on this thread..

I find it quite odd that after all these years that the police are unable to share with the public some of the details of the "ongoing" investigation. I'm really curious whos on the list of potential suspects that they came up with so long ago. Also, has anyone compiled all the details of the case and separated the factual evidence from the endless amount of theories?

Welcome to Ws Baggins555!
Noted your suggestion on this thread..

TedMac and all who are still concerned about Patty and Mattie: I am the half Brother of Patty, we had the same Mother Betty Jo Lewis, Pritz, Davidson.
My Father was Cullen Bobby Davidson who died in Aug. of 2015. I also would like to see this thread continue for I would want Patty's memory to be alive.
Since the Sheriff's office just solved two cold cases, we are hoping they will try and solve this one. I was friends with Patty, saw her at the beach the night she went missing. Talk to the Sheriff's about possibly exhuming Patty's body for DNA.

Since the Sheriff's office just solved two cold cases, we are hoping they will try and solve this one. I was friends with Patty, saw her at the beach the night she went missing. Talk to the Sheriff's about possibly exhuming Patty's body for DNA.
If you were thinking of this recently resolved case and Othram, then we were thinking the same thing!
Ws thread..

1692369682586.png
1692369797984.png
'Patty’s mother assured Mattie’s parents that the girls would be accompanied by Patty’s older sister, Connie. But Connie was apparently unaware of the outing, so the girls went unattended. Mattie’s family also didn’t know that Patty had been dating for a few years already and was being taken advantage of and groomed by older boys. Had they known this, they probably would not have let their precious Matty go with her without an adult chaperone.

The girls were seen at the Municipal Beach. They purchased tickets to a few of the rides from Ben Wade Gaines, Patty’s ex-boyfriend. Then they left the Beach to walk to Patty’s and some witnesses saw them at different locations.'

Had suggested this a few years ago and not sure if comment got lost in the shuffle, but wonder if neighbor on Mesquite Street, Wayne Modrall, was ever investigated. He was in mid 20's, blonde hair at the time, lived kitty corner to the girl on Mesquite and drove a car that matched the description. He is still alive, but living in Fredericksburg Texas. He got rid of the car in question shortly after these murders, and was always creepy and off; he frequently acted like a child with other children and stayed very under the radar, under the watchful eye of his wife. Would like to talk further if you're interested.

View attachment 441685
View attachment 441686
'Patty’s mother assured Mattie’s parents that the girls would be accompanied by Patty’s older sister, Connie. But Connie was apparently unaware of the outing, so the girls went unattended. Mattie’s family also didn’t know that Patty had been dating for a few years already and was being taken advantage of and groomed by older boys. Had they known this, they probably would not have let their precious Matty go with her without an adult chaperone.

The girls were seen at the Municipal Beach. They purchased tickets to a few of the rides from Ben Wade Gaines, Patty’s ex-boyfriend. Then they left the Beach to walk to Patty’s and some witnesses saw them at different locations.'
I think both of those photos are of Patty, but I could be mistaken. However newspapers aren’t known for their accuracy and attention to detail.

Anne, if you are still posting, I have read every last post on both thread as well as every still-active link posted here. I have also tried to find information on my own to no avail. But I wanted you to know that after reading about Mattie and Patty and ten + years of your posts on their murders, I feel as if I know you and I want so badly for you to have some closure.

You are in my thoughts and I will not forget about these girls. ❤️

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back