GUILTY NM - Sasha Marie Krause, 27, murdered, Farmington, 18 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wasn’t speculating on any connection to him. Just for clarity. I also don’t think that man (RSO) is involved and suspect LE was quick to clear him due to his status and access to Sasha.

It does however show that there is a lack awareness and the seriousness of the crimes he committed which is concerning IMO.

Just a thought - I know nothing about the RSO you mention. Zero. But re: them hiring him: it is my understanding that this organization was a mission outreach. Isn't it possible that this man "converted" and was granted a job there? Possibly he wasn't Mennonite from birth.

The Mennonites I have met, are by and large kind, compassionate, trusting people. The perp by all appearances took advantage of that. Tragic.

Last edited:
Just a thought - I know nothing about the RSO you mention. Zero. But it is my understanding that this organization was a mission outreach. Isn't it possible that this man "converted" and was granted a job there? Let's give him a chance. Possibly he wasn't Mennonite from birth.
The Mennonites I have met, are by and large kind, compassionate, trusting people. The perp by all appearances took advantage of that. Tragic.

Definition of Anabaptist. : a Protestant sectarian of a radical movement arising in the 16th century and advocating the baptism and church membership of adult believers only, nonresistance, and the separation of church and state.

A child cannot "be" born Mennonite. It's one of the core beliefs of Anabaptist groups. Once a child becomes an adult they make a decision to become part of the Mennonite church and a believer/follower or not to.

That said, MG's entire family is Mennonite in Gleason WI. As is listed in public Mennonite print directories. (think, old school phone book)

IMO, MG chose NOT to be Mennonite evident by him joining the military and his age. The Mennonite church would never allow military service it goes against one of their core beliefs of non resistance.

Joining the military would be something that would get someone ex-communicated from a conservative Mennonite church. But I'm betting that MG never was part of the Mennonite church only raised in it.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if this link is allowed but know WS will block it if not. His name is listed in this article as some (not myself) suspected him early on. I’m not sure that I can just post his name or record here since he isn’t a suspect. But his RSO registration shows he worked with Sasha.

Sasha Krause missing from Mennonite community FOUND
Thank you. I appreciate you posting.

So he kidnapped her on January 18 or 19 and then killed her near Flagstaff on February 21st?

The Feb date seemed to be an error.

I just went over to the San Juan County Sheriff department's page and they have put out an apology for stating the wrong dates. The sheriff meant to say January 18th and 19th and NOT February 17-18. You have to scroll down a ways to find the correction, down to a March 20th entry.

Definition of Anabaptist. : a Protestant sectarian of a radical movement arising in the 16th century and advocating the baptism and church membership of adult believers only, nonresistance, and the separation of church and state.

A child cannot "be" born Mennonite. It's one of the core beliefs of Anabaptist groups. Once a child becomes an adult they make a decision to become part of the Mennonite church and a believer/follower or not to.

That said, MG's entire family is Mennonite in Gleason WI. As is listed in public Mennonite print directories. (think, old school phone book)

IMO, MG chose NOT to be Mennonite evident by him joining the military and his age. The Mennonite church would never allow military service it goes against one of their core beliefs of non resistance.

Joining the military would be something that would get someone ex-communicated from a conservative Mennonite church. But I'm betting that MG never was part of the Mennonite church only raised in it.

Why do you think he would target her? You don’t have to mention any sources, just your opinion based on your research.

Sorry - duplicate post

Last edited:
I think many people in Farmington knew him or of him. He was off the base for the weekend with no particular place to go and he went to Farmington, bought some beer, connected with some friends, and sat around and drank until boundaries on his behavior were obliterated. He saw her and took her. I wonder if he even knew it was her when he took her. MOO MOO MOO

Why do you think he would target her? You don’t have to mention any sources, just your opinion based on your research.

Tbh, I don’t know but IMO there are a lot of possible options in this case. You kind of have to think of what would be scandalous in 1950s communities? Affairs, pregnancy, pre-marital sex, abortion, alcohol use are all still a really big deal in conservative churches.
As is abuse and patriarchal power.

There is very much the mentality of “sweep it under the rug” and a moral upstanding God-like image holds a lot of value. Keep in mind that ex-communication looms for some of these infractions. In other words, there’s a lot on the line.

Which means there are a lot of possibilities, IMO. There’s also the possibility that MG just lost it, went crazy, drove there and grabbed the first girl he saw in an act of retaliation against the church he was raised in but that option would be low on my list.

Through out the case there has been a lot of diversion from the church (they may not use internet but they have connections that do!). And the Mennonite grapevine is fierce. The claims of a robbery, SJCSO said it was false. The beer bottles, SJCSO said were unrelated. Missing posters with contradicting info were circulated by the church to the point where SJCSO insisted only their fliers be used. (all these can be found in old SJCSO public Facebook posts and comments).

Personally I think that MG didn’t act entirely alone (which has also been implied by LE). I hope he’s singing like a bird.

Docs: Luke AFB airman kidnapped murder victim, stole her head covering and underwear

I was just reading the court documents and the way this reads doesn't say to me that prosecutors are asserting that MG directly murdered Sasha. It accuses him of kidnapping her knowing death would be the outcome and restraining her knowing that would be the outcome and in the furtherance of such offense he or another person did cause her death.

I also find the Jan 21st date in this section interesting. I don't think they would know that date specifically (3 days after she was taken) unless someone had told them it. I think MG is talking.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm also wondering if it's possible was restrained and abandoned and that was the cause of death. It would fall in line with knowing the 21st date.

Attachments

• 94758419_10216794091951796_2058852458066608128_n.jpg
    94758419_10216794091951796_2058852458066608128_n.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Imagine a little boy growing up in a supposedly intensely moral community and suffering ongoing sexual abuse at the hands of a trusted adult. Imagine if he was called a liar when he told his parents and only after years of increasingly flagrant abuse being hushed up by the church was his abuser finally sent to jail for a couple second degree sex offenses and then just as he was reaching the cusp of adulthood his abuser being released and being welcomed back into the community.

I can certainly imagine a person who grew up that way leaving that community with tremendous animosity. I can imagine this hypothetical person having a belief that many crimes could be committed within and against that community without being reported and of course it's not imagination that a person who suffers sexual abuse as a child is more likely to perpetrate sexual abuse as an adult - doubly so if they didn't get any kind of counselling.

A person like this might have been inclined to speculate about how "easy" it might be to commit a crime like that while drinking with friends. He might have thought a girl could just be taken, kept for a short amount of time and released then been surprised that law enforcement was immediately involved and not known what to do with her.

It's very unlikely this is what happened in this case but it certainly makes for an interesting hypothetical.

Imagine a little boy growing up in a supposedly intensely moral community and suffering ongoing sexual abuse at the hands of a trusted adult. Imagine if he was called a liar when he told his parents and only after years of increasingly flagrant abuse being hushed up by the church was his abuser finally sent to jail for a couple second degree sex offenses and then just as he was reaching the cusp of adulthood his abuser being released and being welcomed back into the community.

I can certainly imagine a person who grew up that way leaving that community with tremendous animosity. I can imagine this hypothetical person having a belief that many crimes could be committed within and against that community without being reported and of course it's not imagination that a person who suffers sexual abuse as a child is more likely to perpetrate sexual abuse as an adult - doubly so if they didn't get any kind of counselling.

A person like this might have been inclined to speculate about how "easy" it might be to commit a crime like that while drinking with friends. He might have thought a girl could just be taken, kept for a short amount of time and released then been surprised that law enforcement was immediately involved and not known what to do with her.

It's very unlikely this is what happened in this case but it certainly makes for an interesting hypothetical.

Im not so sure it’s unlikely in this case. It’s one of the very possible theories I’ve had.

Docs: Luke AFB airman kidnapped murder victim, stole her head covering and underwear

I was just reading the court documents and the way this reads doesn't say to me that prosecutors are asserting that MG directly murdered Sasha. It accuses him of kidnapping her knowing death would be the outcome and restraining her knowing that would be the outcome and in the furtherance of such offense he or another person did cause her death.

I also find the Jan 21st date in this section interesting. I don't think they would know that date specifically (3 days after she was taken) unless someone had told them it. I think MG is talking.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm also wondering if it's possible was restrained and abandoned and that was the cause of death. It would fall in line with knowing the 21st date.

Do you mean February 21 instead of January 21? There is no way that is a typo on a formal complaint. I agree with you - I do not think MG specifically caused her death. I believe there are more involved.

Last edited:

Can any legal experts on this thread provide insight on the kidnapping charge and the theft charge with a February 21, 2020 date? (see attached article with embedded Complaint) Is this a technicality since the body was discovered on that date?
No plea yet. Bail has been denied.

It is not clear to me what they're going for here. The first two charges clearly state that MG murdered SK between January 18/19. Charge one alleges intentional, premeditated murder. Charge two alleges felony murder - that she died during a kidnapping.

Sasha's body was found on February 21.

Charge 3 is a general felony kidnapping charge. IMO I would have used the same dates as charge 1 and 2. I am not sure why they would use the date she was found unless they are alleging that he had her body until February 21 so he is responsible for restraining her up until that date.

Same issue with Charge 4. It is not clear to me why they would use the date she was found unless that is the first date they have proof that she was separated from her head covering and underwear. I.e. at the latest he stole her belongings on or before the date she was found.

But I agree that it's confusing.

Is it possible.........that the dates originally given by San Juan County Sheriff's office stating February 17,18 are in fact accurate to some extent? And then they retracted them so as not to expose too much info regarding the investigation? Is it possible that MG was spotted on surveillance during the time period of February 17 - 18 in FourCorners/Flagstaff area (prior to her body being discovered in Flagstaff) and that is why the San Juan County detectives were asking for information on any potential sightings.

Is it possible.........that the dates originally given by San Juan County Sheriff's office stating February 17,18 are in fact accurate to some extent? And then they retracted them so as not to expose too much info regarding the investigation? Is it possible that MG was spotted on surveillance during the time period of February 17 - 18 in FourCorners/Flagstaff area (prior to her body being discovered in Flagstaff) and that is why the San Juan County detectives were asking for information on any potential sightings.

It's possible. LE should know from the discovery on February 21 whether she was dead only a few days or for a month. She could have been kidnapped in January and held until she was killed shortly before her body was discovered in February.

But I do think it's more likely that Charge 1 is what LE believes happened: she was intentionally kidnapped and killed on January 18/19. These are the initial charges and can be changed as more information is uncovered during the investigation into MG.

Do you mean February 21 instead of January 21? There is no way that is a typo on a formal complaint. I agree with you - I do not think MG specifically caused her death. I believe there are more involved.

I totally misread it as Jan 21
Are they saying he (or someone) had her for a month before killing her?!? Whaaaaa?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph
Back